GDT: Blue Jackets @ Devils - 2:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Bratt Haula Hughes Hamilton and Siegs on the ice for the lone goal against in the past 2 games. That's just not good enough.

I hope Ruff made them skate suicides after the game.
Sit them for a game and insert Geertsen. Players, who play the right way.
With no consequences there is no accountability. With no accountability there is no improvement. With no improvement there is no winning.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Sit them for a game and insert Geertsen. Players, who play the right way.
With no consequences there is no accountability. With no accountability there is no improvement. With no improvement there is no winning.
Exactly. Accountability.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
as a die hard jackets fan, i’m so sorry that y’all had to endure watching that (complete sarcasm, complete opposite way around. go us)
How do you guys deal with having to listen to your broadcast crew? I watched your feed (sometimes I like hearing what the opposing feed is saying) and I almost fell asleep listening to them.

• Wow
Reactions: Bleedred

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Vanacek passed the puck to a Blue Jacket player who was directly in front of him to make things momentarily exciting in the third but no harm no foul I guess.

He was trying to pad his stats because he wasn't facing any action and gave up a weak goal.

The fact score effects never came into play is kind of nuts too. Just domination start to finish.

They haven't come in at all besides a bit in the Avs game which sure it's the Avs

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I feelthe same way about Tatar. It’s nkt that he doesn’t try hard .. it’s just that he is just too weak on the puck and it’s frustrating to watch. His lack of ability to clear the puck/ win a board battle / take a hit to make a play gets in my nerves. In all due fairness though , he has not been as bad as he has been in the past.

Literally none of this stuff is the case and never has been the case. He's the one who created the NZ turnover for the Zetterlund goal as well today which is something I don't think anyone has given him credit for.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
How do you guys deal with having to listen to your broadcast crew? I watched your feed (sometimes I like hearing what the opposing feed is saying) and I almost fell asleep listening to them.

it’s absolutely atrocious. our PBP announcer is horrendous. constantly mispronouncing names. he’s old. jody shelley is a decent color analyst though.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Literally none of this stuff is the case and never has been the case. The perception difference between Haula and Tatar is hilarious when they're really not all that different.
They look different to me. Just my eye test. I know there have been a few instances in recent games where Tatar either failed to clear a puck or tried to check a guy and bounced off and I know there was one play in yesterday’s game where he got a lead pass from Hischier and just had no burst. Maybe he was at the end of a shift. I see the fancy numbers and give him credit for giving his all and being in the right place most of the time. A guy like Tatar has to score at least decently though. That hasn’t happened yet. As long as the team is winning it’s just academic. They won’t change anything. Hopefully the scoring picks up to match the fancy numbers.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
To have more than one broadcast feeds to choose from on your streaming service is a blessing, let's put it that way.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
teams off to a hot start to close out the month? beating up on the teams they should beat up on very good. ruff isn't/wasn't the problem with this roster. perfect time for a western canada road trip

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Could the right time for a big trade come soon, that big power forward and a veteran goalie.
Is bernier good enough?
if Blackwood is meh all season we have to move him out.
I see the blueprint in our team but I also see some big holes needing to be filled.

A big difference I our rebuild compared to other teams is how much depth we are starting to build in terms off prospects.
The Devils are using LTIR to be cap compliant. How can they afford a big power F and an established vet goalie?

Reactions: Guttersniped

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Damn, that was a fun game to go to yesterday. Picked up dirt cheap tickets in the morning and took my kids to the game. Loved the 2:00 start time as it was easy getting in and out of Newark.

It's great that at 12 and 14 years old, they can finally see a dominant Devils team as all they've mostly known is misery from this franchise. At least I got to live through the glory years, which made the last 10 years more palatable. Really fun to finally enjoy a good Devils team with them.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Damn, that was a fun game to go to yesterday. Picked up dirt cheap tickets in the morning and took my kids to the game. Loved the 2:00 start time as it was easy getting in and out of Newark.

It's great that at 12 and 14 years old, they can finally see a dominant Devils team as all they've mostly known is misery from this franchise. At least I got to live through the glory years, which made the last 10 years more palatable. Really fun to finally enjoy a good Devils team with them.
I love taking my kids to games. That is something fun for both parents and kids.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Literally none of this stuff is the case and never has been the case. He's the one who created the NZ turnover for the Zetterlund goal as well today which is something I don't think anyone has given him credit for.
Mrs. Tatar is that you ?
Come on man . I can dig up live game threads where Tatar is the direct cause of turning the pick over directly leading to goals against.
I,gave him some credit for playing better this year but still..
There is a reason why the guy is scratched every single playoff series he has been in for the past 5+ years.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield

The brakes. You should pump them.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
it’s absolutely atrocious. our PBP announcer is horrendous. constantly mispronouncing names. he’s old. jody shelley is a decent color analyst though.
I always thought Jeff Rimer sounded almost exactly like Martin Sheen.

Their accents are quite a bit different, but there's been so many times over the last 30-ish years that I've heard him that I thought it was Martin Sheen calling a hockey game.

I've pointed it out to a few people and they understand what I mean, but I'm surprised I'm the first person to ever actually spot this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad