GDT: Blue Jackets @ Devils - 2:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
I've had to record the last two games due to not being home, had both spoiled ahead of getting to watch them, but still got to enjoy them quite a bit while going through them on DVR.

And now with three Pacific Time games coming up, I'll likely have to record those, too, so maybe I'll just get them spoiled and watch them later and hope the pattern keeps up.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Besides the Dougie boo boo, there was not one single shift where they were bad. Incredible to watch in person. A historic performance. Hence why all the loudmouths who haven’t a clue are nowhere to be seen on here.

Precious.
Vanacek passed the puck to a Blue Jacket player who was directly in front of him to make things momentarily exciting in the third but no harm no foul I guess.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Besides the Dougie boo boo, there was not one single shift where they were bad. Incredible to watch in person. A historic performance. Hence why all the loudmouths who haven’t a clue are nowhere to be seen on here.

Precious.
It was utter domination today. I dont even know how many chances we generated but one thing i did pick up on were the D keep ins at the blueline today. Dougie had some monster keep ins that kept the machine going. We had them hemmed in quite a lot...

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Team has played like that since the start of the year. Like, when they had hot starts before, it felt like maybe they won some they didn’t deserve. I haven’t felt like that after any single win this year.
I’m not sure how to explain that t but it dies feel way different than other good starts . Feels like way better structure and flow to the games instead of skating around hoping to out skill the other team

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I’m not sure how to explain that t but it dies feel way different than other good starts . Feels like way better structure and flow to the games instead of skating around hoping to out skill the other team

We are playing way better defensively. I think other hot starts were mostly track meets and once teams adjusted to the fact we were fast things fell apart (that and our goaltending always went off a cliff)

Teams aren't going to be surprised by us much longer so how we adjust to their adjustments will be key.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
We are playing way better defensively. I think other hot starts were mostly track meets and once teams adjusted to the fact we were fast things fell apart (that and our goaltending always went off a cliff)

Teams aren't going to be surprised by us much longer so how we adjust to their adjustments will be key.
A lot of this is Marino, Seigenthaler and having a healthy Hamilton. I feel so much more confidence in this D-corp right now.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
The fact score effects never came into play is kind of nuts too. Just domination start to finish.

That's the craziest thing about this run to me. They're getting in front early, so the score effects should be turning the xG story around later in the game. But it just never turns around. It's like they're just clowning the Washington Generals or something.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh let's calm down here. I don't think Ruff is a good coach at all. He has very good assistants with him this time.

He's in the top 10 coaches in league history for some reason.

Think some better players, and growth and maturation - both physically and in terms of tactical and technical skills - of the young core are big reasons for the improved play.

Scapegoating past coaches seems unfair.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He inexplicably got trashed here earlier but Tatar was very good with that line too.
I am probably his biggest critic this season. I see the hustle and the veteran savvy but he just seems to lack the extra gear or power to do anything beyond make the basic play. His shot is meh his stick handling looks meh to me and his passing is good but not great. Hr doesn’t win most of his puck battles. He does anticipate well and can keep up with the play. He’s trying to get in the way even if he can’t really hit anyone. He’s not hurting the team but I just don’t see a top six player right now. Just my observation. I know what the fancy numbers say and I presume thr team does as well. At some point he has to generate more scoring than he has though.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I am probably his biggest critic this season. I see the hustle and the veteran savvy but he just seems to lack the extra gear or power to do anything beyond make the basic play. His shot is meh his stick handling looks meh to me and his passing is good but not great. Hr doesn’t win most of his puck battles. He does anticipate well and can keep up with the play. He’s trying to get in the way even if he can’t really hit anyone. He’s not hurting the team but I just don’t see a top six player right now. Just my observation. I know what the fancy numbers say and I presume thr team does as well. At some point he has to generate more scoring than he has though.

The way I look at it, the line is working, even if he's not getting points. If Nico can keep producing with Zetterlund and Tatar on his wings, that leaves a lot of talent to spread to other lines.

Reactions: My3Sons

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Tatar has been playing well. He just can't bury any of his chances.
Ive liked Tatar as well and in general how can one not be happy with the lineup right now?

But i did think Tatar was bad early vs Col and its not uncommon for a guy on the downside of his career to not bury chances.

Still all is right in the world at the moment.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I feelthe same way about Tatar. It’s nkt that he doesn’t try hard .. it’s just that he is just too weak on the puck and it’s frustrating to watch. His lack of ability to clear the puck/ win a board battle / take a hit to make a play gets in my nerves. In all due fairness though , he has not been as bad as he has been in the past.

Camille the Eel

A lot of this is Marino, Seigenthaler and having a healthy Hamilton. I feel so much more confidence in this D-corp right now.
Hamilton has quietly been playing very well in our own end too. Making some fine plays to break up dangerous chances and solid break outs too. It’s tended to get lost in the sheer depth of what we’ve brought so far but he has completely turned things around so far this year on the defensive side of the puck.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Could the right time for a big trade come soon, that big power forward and a veteran goalie.
Is bernier good enough?
if Blackwood is meh all season we have to move him out.
I see the blueprint in our team but I also see some big holes needing to be filled.

A big difference I our rebuild compared to other teams is how much depth we are starting to build in terms off prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad