OT: Blue Bombers Thread 2.0 - Home Playoff Game, Nov 12, 330PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think the worst thing about that is the fact a team that has existed for 4 years who had to start from scratch has just as many GC appearances and a win more than the Bombers have had in the last 15 years.

Like come on, man.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Mike O'Shea still sitting on the fence on the obvious decision to fire DC Richie Hall architect of the BB's Swiss Cheese defence

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Mike O'Shea still sitting on the fence on the obvious decision to fire DC Richie Hall architect of the BB's Swiss Cheese defence
Theyll just hire another recycled coach that has coached three other teams, that's what the CFL does. Lapo still here next year.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

I think it says something when Lapo gets an extension and Hall doesn't. There will be the usual show of due diligence but I figure the decision has already been made to turf Hall.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I think it says something when Lapo gets an extension and Hall doesn't. There will be the usual show of due diligence but I figure the decision has already been made to turf Hall.

Actually it says Lapo got a contract extension through 2018 and Halls current contract takes him through 2018.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I think the worst thing about that is the fact a team that has existed for 4 years who had to start from scratch has just as many GC appearances and a win more than the Bombers have had in the last 15 years.

Like come on, man.

I understand your frustration, but how many of those 15 years did the Bombers have the 4-ply-soft path to the Grey Cup that Ottawa had last year?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
So Calgary or Toronto for the Grey Cup?
I'm cheering for Toronto, Calgary has had enough winning recently.

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Toronto winning it would be perfect. Would be the second year in a row that an Eastern team with a mediocre record wins the Cup while the West utterly dominated the regular season.

With the Bombers out, I'm down for some chaos. :popcorn:

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Toronto winning it would be perfect. Would be the second year in a row that an Eastern team with a mediocre record wins the Cup while the West utterly dominated the regular season.

With the Bombers out, I'm down for some chaos. :popcorn:

I would say it might even make the league consider 'fixing' the broken division structure, but they won't mind any extra attention in Toronto at all.

Reactions: Monkey D Luffy

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I would say it might even make the league consider 'fixing' the broken division structure, but they won't mind any extra attention in Toronto at all.

Yeah, was thinking the same. There certainly would be more talk about the playoff/division structure if it were some Eastern teams feeling a bit shafted by a weak West.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
The thought of Toronto winning makes my blood boil. This is by far the shakiest franchise in the league. Average attendance of 14,000, 11,000 below league average. You think a Grey Cup will make those numbers go up? Pffft. In any other city, this franchise would have folded long ago, yet the league treats it as a cornerstone franchise for no other reason than its location. They even allowed it to be owned by the owner of another franchise. What professional league does that? I hate Calgary, but I'll take a Gravol and cheer for them anyway.

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Couldn't care less who wins now, neither fan base bothers me much which is usually how i base my allegiances. Would be nice if the Bombers could build a receiving core that can compete with the rest of the west.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Not to beat a dead horse.....

I'm pissed that a franchise like Toronto, who finished last one year ago, had no GM or coach until February and almost no fans wins another Grey Cup while I am on year 27 and counting.

The Stamps are the Rick the Model Martel of the CFL.

rickmartel1.jpg

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Thought Trestman lost his mind on the squib kick with under a minute left and only a 3 point lead, Stamps easily got into FG position and then more bad CFL coaching and Dickenson decides to go for it needlessly with good ol’boy Bo picked off.

Couldn’t be happier for a Ego driven Stamps loss!

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Thought Trestman lost his mind on the squib kick with under a minute left and only a 3 point lead, Stamps easily got into FG position and then more bad CFL coaching and Dickenson decides to go for it needlessly with good ol’boy Bo picked off.

Couldn’t be happier for a Ego driven Stamps loss!
Jason Maas likely the happiest guy in Canada to see Calgary go for it instead of kicking for the tie....”maybe I’m not the stupidest coach after all??”

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jason Maas likely the happiest guy in Canada to see Calgary go for it instead of kicking for the tie....”maybe I’m not the stupidest coach after all??”

Beginning to see why some of the these CFL coaches are here coaching and not at US colleges getting the $BIG$ that they offer!

Reactions: FFHockey

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Can't believe Toronto pulled that off :handclap:
Calgary is definitely going to regret not easily tying it up.
Hopefully it'll be the Bombers next year!

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Wow that fumble, craziness. I'm not a Popp fan but the Argos got some good guys and deserved to win in the, play till final buzzer alright. What a finish, no problem trying to win in the end but what are you doing throwing in double coverage!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The CFL is really a "joke' of a league !! What other league has 2 years in a row of sub 500 teams winning the championship ??- Answer is none. This would "never" happen in the NFL or the NHL.

Toronto is the 3rd or 4th largest city in North America, and that city cannot even average over 16,000 fans per game--"that is pathetic" and Toronto doesn't deserve a winning team, with the apathetic fan base Toronto has. Greater Toronto area has 4-5 million people.

I'd like to see the CFL merge with the NFL, and it could be done on a revenue sharing basis, to help the smaller cities. I'm quite sure Winnipeg, Regina, and Edmonton could average at least 50,000 people per game. If this were done then -"maybe" the dispassionate fans of Toronto would show up ?

If you think it cannot be done-"think again"--as Green Bay is a small city and packs in 70,000 people for games. Reason is, the "whole state" of Wisconsin supports the club, and I think the Canadian provinces would do the same.

I'm surprised the CFL is still functional, but when we lost Ottawa, I was starting think, that was the beginning of the end. Something has to change here.

I guess the CFL will continue to "scrape by" and have the Eastern team's losses subsidized by their owners, but how long can that last ? It's only a matter of time, til it collapses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad