Proposal: Blockbuster- Minnesota/Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
To Minnesota: William Nylander + Jeremy Bracco + Martin Marincin

To Toronto: Marcus Foligno + Jordan Greenway + Jonas Brodin
Leafs dont need another left shot defender, especially one who is going to walk for free in 2 years. Also dont need an overpaid Folingo making almost 3 million and putting up like 20 points.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
the only dump is this post cuz it stinky

foligno is at least an nhler
Ya he is a 4th liner making almost 3 million dollars for the next 2 years. That is pretty badly overpaid and definitely a negative asset from Toronto's point of view.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
How does this work for Minnesota. They probably going into a rebuild. How does Nylander bring back Foligno, Greenway, and Brodin a top 4 defenseman. Bracco and Marincin are just dumps. Guerin hangs up
You're getting the best player in the deal win Nylander. Not sure why Toronto would consider this unless they REALLY like Greenway.

Reactions: Ciao

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
the only dump is this post cuz it stinky

foligno is at least an nhler
“At least an NHLer” for his cap hit isn’t great. There are lots of guys who have been nhl caliber but their contracts make them unplayable. Bracco isn’t a throw in, but isn’t a prized prospect, he’s more likely a guy who gets bundled with a 2nd and cap ballast (Ceci) for an upgrade at the deadline.
Not big on trading willy as I think he provides the best value out of the big four forwards, and he meshes so incredibly well with Matthews, but the value isn’t great for Minny either as I think Greenway is a player.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Ya he is a 4th liner making almost 3 million dollars for the next 2 years. That is pretty badly overpaid and definitely a negative asset from Toronto's point of view.

foligno plays 3rd line minutes often and is one of their main pkers.

toronto has trouble preventing goals and being physical.

doesnt seem like a negative asset for toronto to me

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
How does this work for Minnesota. They probably going into a rebuild. How does Nylander bring back Foligno, Greenway, and Brodin a top 4 defenseman. Bracco and Marincin are just dumps. Guerin hangs up

this is highway robbery for Minnesota lmao. You call Bracco a dump ehen Foligno is in the same proposal. Lets see, a 60+ point winger thats still growing for a left handed dman the Leafs dont need for 2 years, an overated prospect thats done nothin and an overpaid 4th liner? Loladding Bracco just makes it worse. Maybe if the Wild took back Ceci it would be fair.

P10p

May 15, 2012

Foligno has been just about our best forward this year. Hits everything, fights, sticks up for guys, tenacious forchecker and decent mitts.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
foligno plays 3rd line minutes often and is one of their main pkers.

toronto has trouble preventing goals and being physical.

doesnt seem like a negative asset for toronto to me
The leafs already have way too many wingers who are competing for those spots, all of them are getting paid significantly less.

The leafs cant afford adding a 2.75 million dollar bottom 6 pker on their roster. Especially after Hyman comes back.

Last edited:

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Foligno has been just about our best forward this year. Hits everything, fights, sticks up for guys, tenacious forchecker and decent mitts.
That is cool but he likely is going to play on Toronto's 4th line and the leafs cant afford a 2.75 million dollar player on their 4th line for the next 2 years. That is all that really matters from Toronto's POV and why he would be considered a negative asset for Toronto

Reactions: P10p

P10p

May 15, 2012
that says more about ur team than it does about Foligno

While the Wild haven't been at their best, it doesn't diminish the value of Foligno. Now if you were to point out the fact that the leafs are pressed up against the cap, that's valid. If you don't watch hockey much you can just not comment. You don't have to come in here and make a fool of yourself.

Reactions: izzy

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seems like a lot of people don't watch Foligno. He is an elite 4th liner( if that isn't an oxymoron) who can play up the lineup. Has reasonable speed, size, and is very good defensively . I believe he either leads the league in hits, or is very near to it.

BTW, I don't think the proposal is that bad, either, OP. I think the Leafs would be surprised at how much their team would improve by this trade. Foligno and Greenway would add the size and grit that they are lacking, and Brodin the defensive talent. Seems to me that would be improving in areas that have tripped them up in the past.

MN is done, for now, and desperately need forward help than can score. I am not a big fan of losing Brodin or Greenway, as I think they have long careers ahead of them...I don't love the deal, don't hate it.

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
I dont hate the deal, but if the wild are going to tie up 9+ million AAV in a player, I'd want it to be of better quality than nylander. He seems too risky to me. His ceiling and floor are too far apart. He could end up being great, but could also end up very avg.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I dont hate the deal, but if the wild are going to tie up 9+ million AAV in a player, I'd want it to be of better quality than nylander. He seems too risky to me. His ceiling and floor are too far apart. He could end up being great, but could also end up very avg.
Where did you get the 9+ million dollar AAV from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad