Proposal: Blockbuster- Minnesota/Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Are you kidding? Nylander is a talented but a soft perimeter player.The other two are fodder.Brodin would be your second best defencemen,Foligno your toughest player who can play and protect your stars and Greenway is a beast.As a neutral observer Minnesota gets fleeced badly.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I dont hate the deal, but if the wild are going to tie up 9+ million AAV in a player, I'd want it to be of better quality than nylander. He seems too risky to me. His ceiling and floor are too far apart. He could end up being great, but could also end up very avg.

Could you not say the same for Greenway, who's even more of an unknown?

I would like to have him on my team. I would like to have Foligno on my team. I'd take Brodin too, even though I think his defensive prowess is a little overblown. Good depth pieces. But not for a 23yo first line winger +.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
While the Wild haven't been at their best, it doesn't diminish the value of Foligno. Now if you were to point out the fact that the leafs are pressed up against the cap, that's valid. If you don't watch hockey much you can just not comment. You don't have to come in here and make a fool of yourself.

On a good team Foligno is a 4th liner that can chip in from time to time. I don't know who else would disagree with that. Its not 2012, the idea that Foligno could be a top 9 winger is long gone.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Could you not say the same for Greenway, who's even more of an unknown?

I would like to have him on my team. I would like to have Foligno on my team. I'd take Brodin too, even though I think his defensive prowess is a little overblown. Good depth pieces. But not for a 23yo first line winger +.
Greenway's floor seems to be a guy who can play good defense, have great puck protection, score 25-30 points and be a physical beast. Nylander's floor is scary because of his cap hit, how soft he is and he won't have other stars to work with in Minnesota. Well, at least until Lafreniere is ready to play in the NHL, if you know what I'm saying...

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Nylander for Brodin.

Simplified trade
Leafs, though they need Brodin’s ability, are set in LD. He can play RD, so I guess he’s a decent target. That being said, the Wild can’t afford to lose any more value on the cap, and Nylander is about 2 million overpaid. Can’t do it.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Leafs, though they need Brodin’s ability, are set in LD. He can play RD, so I guess he’s a decent target. That being said, the Wild can’t afford to lose any more value on the cap, and Nylander is about 2 million overpaid. Can’t do it.
in what universe is a u24 60 point player not worth 7 million per year?

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Leafs need to add big time here
I dont hate the deal, but if the wild are going to tie up 9+ million AAV in a player, I'd want it to be of better quality than nylander. He seems too risky to me. His ceiling and floor are too far apart. He could end up being great, but could also end up very avg.
well I guess it's good that he's only a 7 million AAV player....

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
For this trade to begin to make sense Brodin would have to be a RD and Nylander a center. I know that both players have some history at those positions, but acquiring them to fill those needs isn't likely to work out great for either team.

And while I think some of the analytics articles presenting Foligno as the best defensive forward in the league are over the top, the guy is hardly a cap dump at this point.

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
Why do the wild even need Marincin? I'd do belpidio for bracco not foligno he has proven he can play in thr NHL.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wouldn't touch Belpedio for Bracco either. Bracco is not an NHL player and I'll be surprised if he ever is an effective one. Way too many flaws at this point. He's kind of like a playmaking Sokolov.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Nylander hasn't been able to top 61 points on the same team as guys like Marner, Matthews, Rielly and Tavares. Last year he was on a 40 point pace. So far, early, he's on pace for 55 points with those guys.

If he can't put up more than that with those guys on that team, I don't want to find out what he'd score on a team with much less talent up front. I mean, not with a 7M cap hit, anyway.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
so by a while you mean 1 season where he missed training camp and the 1st 2 months of the season?
On a team that won’t be able to continue its offense pace just because they’re scouting at an unrealistic mark over 82 games, Nylander isn’t even in pace for 60 points this season. If he scores the same percentage of his teams points, which I think is realistic, he probably gets 45-50 points this year.

not to mention, to answer the OPs question, 60 point players aren’t worth 7 million.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
If Nylander is 60 Point player (in a good season) playing alongside Matthews or Tavares, playing him with Staal or Koivu would make him a 35 point player.

Wild need play drivers, not water skiers.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Yeah, I'm not going to address the trade proposal - just want to say all the bagging on Foligno is unwarranted. He's one of the very few guys I wouldn't jettison from this team given half the chance. Guy's a really good hockey player.

Reactions: AJ Thelen and AKL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad