Proposal: Blockbuster- Minnesota/Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaginRonic

The Ragin' One. with the big shoulder chip.
Feb 23, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
The leafs already have way too many wingers who are competing for those spots, all of them are getting paid significantly less.

The leafs cant afford adding a 2.75 million dollar bottom 6 pker on their roster. Especially after Hyman comes back.
Jeez....how'd Hyman get broken anyway? =P

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ok, let's keep Brodin. He and Dumba are looking great together, finally.

Nylander has the tools, but I can't help but feel that there is something missing with him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Mebbe ....I don't need my scorers to be tough guys, though. Marner, for instance, is no ones idea of tough physically, but he is mentally. Not sure about Nylander.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Leafs dont need another left shot defender, especially one who is going to walk for free in 2 years. Also dont need an overpaid Folingo making almost 3 million and putting up like 20 points.

I would take Foligno over Nylander come playoff time

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
On a team that won’t be able to continue its offense pace just because they’re scouting at an unrealistic mark over 82 games, Nylander isn’t even in pace for 60 points this season. If he scores the same percentage of his teams points, which I think is realistic, he probably gets 45-50 points this year.

not to mention, to answer the OPs question, 60 point players aren’t worth 7 million.

Nylander has been kept off the 1st pp unit which has suppressed his offensive totals. His 5v5 scoring and cf% has been great this season. Give him an opportunity to help run a 1st pp and the points would come

You also may want to take a look at what 50-60 point guys in ufas have been getting the past couple years. 7 mil is about the going rate for them on the market at the moment.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Leafs, though they need Brodin’s ability, are set in LD. He can play RD, so I guess he’s a decent target. That being said, the Wild can’t afford to lose any more value on the cap, and Nylander is about 2 million overpaid. Can’t do it.

Lol in what world is a 60 point winger only with 4.9M? Hes overpaid by 500k tops

Reactions: Menzinger

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Lol in what world is a 60 point winger only with 4.9M? Hes overpaid by 500k tops
He’s not a 60 point winger this year or last year, not to mention he was an RFA. A career high of 61 points doesn’t even get you 6 million as a UFA

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
He’s not a 60 point winger this year or last year, not to mention he was an RFA. A career high of 61 points doesn’t even get you 6 million as a UFA

Than how did Evander Kane get 7M with a career high of 56? Or JVR? or Hayes? or Nelson? Maybe try watching a different sport.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Than how did Evander Kane get 7M with a career high of 56? Or JVR? or Hayes? or Nelson? Maybe try watching a different sport.

You're going to use a bunch of notoriously bad contracts to defend Nylander's contract?

That's a weird approach.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Those are players that were overpaid in UFA. not sure why those player being overpaid makes Nylander not overpaid.

also, you’ll start to figure this out at some point, but goals earn you more money than assists. A guy with a career high of 22 goals isn’t going to get paid like a 30 goals scorer. A right winger who isn’t physical isn’t going to get paid like a 6’4 Center.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Those are players that were overpaid in UFA. not sure why those player being overpaid makes Nylander not overpaid.

also, you’ll start to figure this out at some point, but goals earn you more money than assists. A guy with a career high of 22 goals isn’t going to get paid like a 30 goals scorer. A right winger who isn’t physical isn’t going to get paid like a 6’4 Center.

Ok man keep shifting the goal posts around at thd end of the day you got no clue. If Ehlers, Larkin etc got 6M+, what makes you think Nylander is only worth 4.9M? Maybe on a 3 year deal your right.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Ok man keep shifting the goal posts around at thd end of the day you got no clue. If Ehlers, Larkin etc got 6M+, what makes you think Nylander is only worth 4.9M? Maybe on a 3 year deal your right.
Larkin is a point per Game Center making 6.1 million per year. Nylander is 7 million dollar right wing who is in pace for 54 points after a season that saw him average .5ppg. Nylander’s a comparable level player to Alex tuch, and he got paid using Pasta as a comparable. Read a book

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
You're going to use a bunch of notoriously bad contracts to defend Nylander's contract?

That's a weird approach.

What you call "bad" contacts just is the going rate for 60 point guys in todays NHL.

Its not 2011 any more when that was superstar money.....

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What you call "bad" contacts just is the going rate for 60 point guys in todays NHL.

Its not 2011 any more when that was superstar money.....

No those are still bad contracts.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Larkin is a point per Game Center making 6.1 million per year. Nylander is 7 million dollar right wing who is in pace for 54 points after a season that saw him average .5ppg. Nylander’s a comparable level player to Alex tuch, and he got paid using Pasta as a comparable. Read a book

Using 10 games try and predict a seasons worth of scoring is pretty nonsensical. Nylander had back to back 60 point seasons as a rookie and sophmore - saying hes on Tuchs level is a joke.

Maybe its you who should "read a book" lol

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Using 10 games try and predict a seasons worth of scoring is pretty nonsensical. Nylander had back to back 60 point seasons as a rookie and sophmore - saying hes on Tuchs level is a joke.

Maybe its you who should "read a book" lol
Don’t know where the “10 games” came from. Last year happened to. As for Tuch, he’s produced at a far better pace last year. I don’t know how saying he’s on Tuch’s level is a joke. Even if you say that Nylander is a 60 point player, he isn’t trending as such, Tuch also produced at a 60 point pace last year. So...

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Jordan Greenway is the only player who I'd be interested in this trade as a leaf fan. that being said this trade just doesn't make sense Leafs are in need of a young Defense men under the age of 25 whom allready is a top 4 IF not better that is signed long term or can be singed long term.

No need for aging D with our young Core

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Shanahan walks up to the phone and ends it, fires Dubas, and tells Guerin we were just doing Halloween tricks to all of the teams.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Jordan Greenway is the only player who I'd be interested in this trade as a leaf fan. that being said this trade just doesn't make sense Leafs are in need of a young Defense men under the age of 25 whom allready is a top 4 IF not better that is signed long term or can be singed long term.

No need for aging D with our young Core
Did you just call Brodin an aging defenseman? Careful, one year from now you'll have to get rid of Rielly because he will be an "aging defenseman."

Reactions: Golden Gophers 4649

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018

larkin was equalt to Nylander at the time and got a year less. Tuch had a career high of like 37 points and signed for 4.7M I believe. How is that comparable to Nylandee. I swear the more you post the deeper you dig yourself into that hole of stupid posts.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Ease up, Leafs Nation: I think the OP is a Leafie, although I wouldn't have guessed that from the proposal.

I don't see any Minnesotans trying to shove this lousy deal down anyone's throat!

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
larkin was equalt to Nylander at the time and got a year less. Tuch had a career high of like 37 points and signed for 4.7M I believe. How is that comparable to Nylandee. I swear the more you post the deeper you dig yourself into that hole of stupid posts.
Buddy. You’re right. That doesn’t change my point. Just because they weren’t comparables at the time doesn’t make Nylander any less overpaid. he’s comparable to Tuch now. Tuch is making 4.7 million for 6 more years. Nylander is making 6.9 for 6 more years. It’s really that simple. At the moment, he’s two million, 1.5 million at the very least, overpaid. I get that at the time he signed the deal, he was probably only 800k or so overpaid. That being said, he hasn’t played like the player he was before he signed the deal in a while now.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Foligno is exactly the type of player the Leafs need, they would be all over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad