Proposal: Blockbuster: EDM + BUF

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This might be a shock to you, but 105 is alot higher than 66.

Oh, and RNH's is higher than Reinhart.

How about Reinharts 1.5 p/60 at ES.

Draisaitl is 2.7 p/60 at ES.

Even RNH managed a 2.4 p/60 at ES this year.

I can’t even believe this needs to be said.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hahaha Reinhart could score 50 :laugh:

Jesus Drai still gets no respect around the league.

Now Reinhart has Dr. Drai’s elite one timer?

Drai is better in literally every aspect of hockey.

Has there even been a 23 year old who put up 100+ this disrespected in recent years? He put up nearly 40 points more than Reinhart this year.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Swap out Russell for Klefbom or Nurse and do it. I wanna see a Be A GM type trade at some point in the salary cap era!

Lol yes I’m sure you would, but Edmonton wouldn’t touch the deal as is, never mind with a much better defenceman than Risto in the deal.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Draisaitl without McDavid still produced at a 70 point pace and that’s with slugs like Lucic and Chiasson. Give him real top 6 wing options and he’s still a 90 point player that can play any forward position in any situation and be a plus player on faceoffs and solid defensively.

Drai >>> Reinhart. Easily.
Draisaitl without McDavid gets outscored worse than the Ottawa Senators.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Now Reinhart has Dr. Drai’s elite one timer?

Drai is better in literally every aspect of hockey.

Has there even been a 23 year old who put up 100+ this disrespected in recent years? He put up nearly 40 points more than Reinhart this year.

Think they’re just mad because his contract and play overall is so much better than Eichel’s. Must burn to have your franchise player as well as the guy they picked before Drai end up being inferior players.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Draisaitl without McDavid gets outscored worse than the Ottawa Senators.

Draisaitl without McDavid gets the worst wingers in the NHL by a mile.

How would Reinhart fare with Milan Lucic on one side and Ty Rattie on another? Never mind that Drai without McDavid plays C, where Reinhart has proven over and over again he’s no good.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Draisaitl without McDavid gets the worst wingers in the NHL by a mile.

How would Reinhart fare with Milan Lucic on one side and Ty Rattie on another? Never mind that Drai without McDavid plays C, where Reinhart has proven over and over again he’s no good.
Given how he fared with Sobotka and Thompson, pretty well probably!

Oh and Lucic-Draisaitl-Rattie played 1 minute and 34 seconds together...

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
So why make a deal that’s already utter ass for us even worse?

It could. It could not. As a Sabres fan I’m not attached to any of the players they’re giving up. And I’m not attached to the two players the Oil would give up. I just want to see a blockbuster involving numerous young star players, dammit!!

Whether you think the Sabres players are stars or not, you can at least admit on their team those players are stars

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Well, this thread is ridiculous.

Drai >> Reinhart

That being said, I'm not adding Mitts and Risto and taking on a dump to make up that difference. Makes no sense from our POV to kill our depth right now.

Rather just do Risto for a forward straight up and keep Reinhart and Mitts thanks.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Given how he fared with Sobotka and Thompson, pretty well probably!

Sobotka and Thompson are Howe and Kurri compared to some of the garbage Drai has had... and it doesn’t look like Reinhart had to play much with them at all.

Drai’s most common linemates in Q1 last year were Chiasson and ol’ goose eggs Toby Rieder and he still had 23 points in 20 games :laugh:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It could. It could not. As a Sabres fan I’m not attached to any of the players they’re giving up. And I’m not attached to the two players the Oil would give up. I just want to see a blockbuster involving numerous young star players, dammit!!

Whether you think the Sabres players are stars or not, you can at least admit on their team those players are stars

There’s one star in that deal. Draisaitl. And we’re not trading him to Buffalo for lesser bits and pieces. And then you wanted to change it to Edmonton adding their best defenceman as well... great. Wonderful.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Sobotka and Thompson are Howe and Kurri compared to some of the garbage Drai has had... and it doesn’t look like Reinhart had to play much with them at all.

Drai’s most common linemates in Q1 last year were Chiasson and ol’ goose eggs Toby Rieder and he still had 23 points in 20 games :laugh:
Ah yes, all situation points. The perfect metric for what we're trying to do here of course...

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Well, this thread is ridiculous.

Drai >> Reinhart

That being said, I'm not adding Mitts and Risto and taking on a dump to make up that difference. Makes no sense from our POV to kill our depth right now.

Rather just do Risto for a forward straight up and keep Reinhart and Mitts thanks.
Risto for Ehlers?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ah yes, all situation points. The perfect metric for what we're trying to do here of course...

Ah yes, how silly of me, of course powerplay points don’t count.

We should talk about how Draisaitl had more ES points than Reinhart had all situations points, then.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
There’s one star in that deal. Draisaitl. And we’re not trading him to Buffalo for lesser bits and pieces. And then you wanted to change it to Edmonton adding their best defenceman as well... great. Wonderful.

Drai is a superstar. And take off the fandom glasses for a minute and look at the deal from an outsider perspective. The changed deal would cause this entire forum to break for a few days!! I’d have said the same thing if this was a COL EDM trade (say Rantanen & Makar for Drai & Nurse). Or VAN TB trade (EP for Point).

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Ah yes, how silly of me, of course powerplay points don’t count.

We should talk about how Draisaitl had more ES points than Reinhart had all situations points, then.
We really need to talk about how the Oilers become the 2015 Sabres when Draisaitl is on the ice without McDavid.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
We really need to talk about how the Oilers become the 2015 Sabres when Draisaitl is on the ice without McDavid.
It really bothers you that Draisaitl is a superstar and you guys messed up that draft.
As an Oiler fan I know how it feels as we chose Puljujarvi when Tkachuk was there to be had....let it go.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Drai is a superstar. And take off the fandom glasses for a minute and look at the deal from an outsider perspective. The changed deal would cause this entire forum to break for a few days!! I’d have said the same thing if this was a COL EDM trade (say Rantanen & Makar for Drai & Nurse). Or VAN TB trade (EP for Point).

You’re not giving up a Rantanen OR a Makar level talent. Your proposed rework grants you two positional upgrades - one of which is huge - and you’re only giving up a young 3C to make that happen.

Draisaitl for Reinhart is a big downgrade for us.

Klefbom or Nurse for Risto is also a downgrade.

Getting Mittelstadt is honestly a take it or leave it for us and doesn’t even begin to mitigate the above losses. We have enough young guys struggling to find their way, we don’t really need or want another one.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Weird how when presented with facts all you’ve got are insults. :laugh:

How about this, Reinhart is closer to Kassian than he is to Draisaitl. I don’t have a single leg to stand on, and Reinhart wildly outscored him, but according to you points don’t matter so...

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
It really bothers you that Draisaitl is a superstar and you guys messed up that draft.
As an Oiler fan I know how it feels as we chose Puljujarvi when Tkachuk was there to be had....let it go.
Oh no, we drafted my favorite player over the most overrated player in the league. I'm going to go cry over that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany