Proposal: Blockbuster: EDM + BUF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The gap between reinhart and Draisaitl, is alot larger than the one between Reinhart and RNH.

I just learned from your posts though that 66 and 105 are comparable.
If the extent of your analysis is comparing 2 numbers to see which one is bigger then that explains a lot.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If the extent of your analysis is comparing 2 numbers to see which one is bigger then that explains a lot.
This might be a shock to you, but 105 is alot higher than 66.

Oh, and RNH's is higher than Reinhart.

How about Reinharts 1.5 p/60 at ES.

Draisaitl is 2.7 p/60 at ES.

Even RNH managed a 2.4 p/60 at ES this year.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
???

Reinhart had 2.15 p/60 at 5on5 this season, RNH had 1.75
You're correct, that was last year.

Heres the updated number for Draisaitl.
2.57 p/60

Still doesn't help your case of Reinhart being similar to Draisaitl.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Lol Reinhart can score 50 goals and 105 points?

This deal isn't close. Edmonton doesn't even consider it.

Which is why I said there would clearly be adds by Buffalo, just not Risto and Mittlestadt. If Reinhart was playing with McDavid his point totals would be higher, and if Edmonton played with a lead Draisaitl's would be lower.i guess we can just look at goal and point totals and make all our decisions purely off that, but it's not doing a whole lot of good. If you think Draisaitl is as good as McDavid or Kucherov because he had a bunch of points then I can see why hes an untouchable for Edmonton, but Sabres still say no to moving 3 young skilled players for 1 guy who gets to play next to or behind McDavid all season.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Not a chance. Draisatl is a good player, but Reinhart playing with McDavid could score just as much. I wouldnt mind Draisaitl for any one of those players as the center piece, and Buffalo would clearly add. Sabres cant drop 3 young skill players for someone unless that player has a track record of driving the production of his line. I'm not saying Draisaitl cant be that, but it's too much risk that he needs McDavid around to produce the numbers he did last year.

This whole "Anybody can score with McDavid" narrative needs to stop. It's already been proven that is not the case. Very few players can produce on his line.
As for the "Draisaitl can't produce without McDavid" narrative as well. It's old. Start watching the games instead of just watching highlights and getting part of the story. Y'all have tunnel vision.

Reactions: Sacul

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
Lmao no you dont, you'd take it and run to the bank manically laughing your head off.

Draisaitl instantly puts the Sabres in playoff contention

Sure....we get Drai and give up a 1st line RW, a 2nd line C and a top-4 defenseman off a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2011. Putting valuation aside, we miss the playoffs badly with this as we field 4th liners in the top-6 and AHLers in the bottom 6 based on a stupid Xbox trade.

Did we even talk about Kris Russell?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Sure....we get Drai and give up a 1st line RW, a 2nd line C and a top-4 defenseman off a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2011. Putting valuation aside, we miss the playoffs badly with this as we field 4th liners in the top-6 and AHLers in the bottom 6 based on a stupid Xbox trade.

Did we even talk about Kris Russell?
Second line C? I didn’t see that included in the trade

Reactions: McFlyingV

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Reinhart has a different skillset than Draisaitl, but he's not a worse player.

No one is slighting Reinhart here. Everyone agrees he is a good player. However he is objectively worse at hockey than Drai is. That is sinply because Drai is really damn good.

Before you jump back at me just know I'm neutral here and I would take Drai over Reinhart 10 times out of 10

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Oilers < Reinhart, Mittlestadt, Ristolainen

Sabres < Draisaitl, Russell

Edmonton upgrade their overall talent, grooming Mittelstadt to eventually replace RNH as their #2 C, while Risto gives them some much needed help on the powerplay

Buffalo fills their need for a #2 C
I don’t think this is going to go well.

Edmonton gives up the best part and doesn’t get back enough.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Lmao no you dont, you'd take it and run to the bank manically laughing your head off.

Draisaitl instantly puts the Sabres in playoff contention
No one player instantly puts the Sabres in playoff contention. There bottom six is still weak.

Maybe the new coach and far more disciplined system can do that but not a player.

Reactions: Chainshot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad