Proposal: Blockbuster: EDM + BUF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Sure....we get Drai and give up a 1st line RW, a 2nd line C and a top-4 defenseman off a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2011. Putting valuation aside, we miss the playoffs badly with this as we field 4th liners in the top-6 and AHLers in the bottom 6 based on a stupid Xbox trade.

Did we even talk about Kris Russell?
What's wrong with Kris Russell? This ought to be good actually. Hockey stat nerds hate him but coaches love him, GMs have shown they like him. He's a warrior. He's slightly overpaid (lucky guy got the Chiarelli bonus) but he's a good and highly underrated player.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
RNH is not even close to Reinhart...
The Oilers wouldn't trade Nuge for Reinhart either.

Seems like this thread had fallen into the typical HF patterns

Team 1 - we want your star player, how about this package of decent parts that are in no way comparable to your player.

Team 2 - No thanks, not interested in moving that guy for a package.

Team 1 - Why not, he sucks and let me list the reasons why I think he sucks. I'll even make some up for you...

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Team 1 - we want your star player, how about this package of decent parts that are in no way comparable to your player.

Team 1 - Why not, he sucks and let me list the reasons why I think he sucks. I'll even make some up for you...
I agree that the Oilers wouldn't trade RNH for Reinhart. Because they're an incompetent organization.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
No your not getting our young 50 goal 100 point scorer locked down on a great deal sorry bud.
He’s more like a 25G 40A player without McDavid. His stats are extremely inflated he probably got 30 points at most without McDavid holding his hand on the ice.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Unless there is an Eichel or Dahlin coming the other way you may as well lock this up.
I have a question for Oilers fans.What is Drai stats 5 on 5 away from McDavid?That's seems to be the issue i think with Sabre fans.Can he drive his own line? I know it was a question at beginning of last season.I admit i only saw a few games last year unlike most people on here who saw every game with every team lol.Great player i personally wouldn't do the trade if i was Buffalo as iam high on Mitt s and Sam.Anyway question is how does Drai do away from Mcdavid thanks

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
This might be a shock to you, but 105 is alot higher than 66.

Oh, and RNH's is higher than Reinhart.

How about Reinharts 1.5 p/60 at ES.

Draisaitl is 2.7 p/60 at ES.

Even RNH managed a 2.4 p/60 at ES this year.
These stats are irrelevant unless you remove all the points McDavid assisted/scored.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019

Leafs fan here- if your GM wouldn’t trade Nuge for a 22 year old Rienhart then I feel bad for the oilers fan base don’t get me wrong he’s good and more proven at C but Rienhart is currently the more valuable player undebatable

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
You guys know you can discuss trades without all the nastiness, right?

Lock this thread up before it gets any worse...

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Reinhart would become what? Probably an 80+ point player with McDavid, so the drop off is not as significant as Oiler fans are making it out to be.

Drai > Reinhart

Risto > Russell

Mittelstadt > Nothing

Seems pretty even to me, which is why both sides are having a pissing match for their side.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
The only players Drai is on the table for in Buffalo are Dahlin & Eichel.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Not sure why the thread has devolved into a Draisaitl vs Reinhart debate

Mittelstadt has loads of potential, and Risto would be a welcome addition to their powerplay

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Which is why I said there would clearly be adds by Buffalo, just not Risto and Mittlestadt. If Reinhart was playing with McDavid his point totals would be higher, and if Edmonton played with a lead Draisaitl's would be lower.i guess we can just look at goal and point totals and make all our decisions purely off that, but it's not doing a whole lot of good. If you think Draisaitl is as good as McDavid or Kucherov because he had a bunch of points then I can see why hes an untouchable for Edmonton, but Sabres still say no to moving 3 young skilled players for 1 guy who gets to play next to or behind McDavid all season.

Hate to tell you this but if Edmonton played with a lead Draisaitl would have more goals, not less. Of the 50 he scored 0 were into an empty net.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sure....we get Drai and give up a 1st line RW, a 2nd line C and a top-4 defenseman off a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2011. Putting valuation aside, we miss the playoffs badly with this as we field 4th liners in the top-6 and AHLers in the bottom 6 based on a stupid Xbox trade.

Did we even talk about Kris Russell?

Mittlestadt might be a 2C one day but dude had 25 points last year; he damned sure isn’t a 2C today.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
I agree that the Oilers wouldn't trade RNH for Reinhart. Because they're an incompetent organization.

Are you a Buffalo fan? Because if you are I wouldn’t talk about incompetence. Both teams have been tire fires for far to long and not one fan base should pretend their team is somehow less mentally challenged.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He’s more like a 25G 40A player without McDavid. His stats are extremely inflated he probably got 30 points at most without McDavid holding his hand on the ice.

McDavid missed 4 games this past year. In those 4 games, Draisaitl went 2-4-6. He goes PPG in international tournaments playing for goddamn Germany with wingers like “whothafook” and “isthatguy”.

He doesn’t need his hand held. He just happens to be the second best player on the team, so he plays with talent. I don’t see Eichel out there with the scrubs.

Such a stupid argument.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Are you a Buffalo fan? Because if you are I wouldn’t talk about incompetence. Both teams have been tire fires for far to long and not one fan base should pretend their team is somehow less mentally challenged.
I know very well how incompetent my favorite team is. Never said they weren't.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
McDavid missed 4 games this past year. In those 4 games, Draisaitl went 2-4-6. He goes PPG in international tournaments playing for goddamn Germany with wingers like “whothafook” and “isthatguy”.

He doesn’t need his hand held. He just happens to be the second best player on the team, so he plays with talent. I don’t see Eichel out there with the scrubs.

Such a stupid argument.
I liked that post because I laughed at you discerption of the Germany roster but it’s such a small sample size. Nylander Is an absolute beast at the international level and so is Marian Gaborik it’s so different that it’s not worth discussing. But I’ll give him credit in the playoffs he was an absolute beast. Reminds me of Anze Kopitar imo but if you took him and put him on the kings roster at the very most he’s a 70 point player

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Seems like something a truly unbiased fan would suggest.

Reinhart's points don't matter with Eichel. See, now he sucks. Should traded you Lucic for him.
I disagree I think McDavid is better then Eichel and Rienhart didn’t play that much with Eichel. Also I’m a leafs fan

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Reinhart would become what? Probably an 80+ point player with McDavid, so the drop off is not as significant as Oiler fans are making it out to be.

Drai > Reinhart

Risto > Russell

Mittelstadt > Nothing

Seems pretty even to me, which is why both sides are having a pissing match for their side.
Agree except the last two pretty bad

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Reinhart has a different skillset than Draisaitl, but he's not a worse player.
Without a doubt he is
How quickly people forget that when Mcdavid and Drai play together the 3rd player is an Ahler. We don’t have a skinner Eichel Reinhart, landeskog Mckinnon rantanen, Bergeron Marchand Pasta line.
And when Drai doesn’t play with Mcdavid he plays with 2 Ahlers

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
A guy that cant score 80+ with Skinner and Eichel is going to score 80+ with Mcdavid and Ahler. Get out of here

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Without a doubt he is
How quickly people forget that when Mcdavid and Drai play together the 3rd player is an Ahler. We don’t have a skinner Eichel Reinhart, landeskog Mckinnon rantanen, Bergeron Marchand Pasta line.
And when Drai doesn’t play with Mcdavid he plays with 2 Ahlers
I have with my own eyes seen Reinhart get 2 of the worst forwards in the league on his line and make it work. He can do stuff like that, Drai can't. Reinhart wouldn't in a million years score 50 goals on McDavid's wing, Draisaitl can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->