Proposal: Blockbuster: EDM + BUF

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Not a chance. Draisatl is a good player, but Reinhart playing with McDavid could score just as much. I wouldnt mind Draisaitl for any one of those players as the center piece, and Buffalo would clearly add. Sabres cant drop 3 young skill players for someone unless that player has a track record of driving the production of his line. I'm not saying Draisaitl cant be that, but it's too much risk that he needs McDavid around to produce the numbers he did last year.
Drai is better than Eichel. Reinhart and that other garbage does not sniff him

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Leafs fan here- if your GM wouldn’t trade Nuge for a 22 year old Rienhart then I feel bad for the oilers fan base don’t get me wrong he’s good and more proven at C but Rienhart is currently the more valuable player undebatable
He is 23 and will be 24 a month into the season. Rnh is better in everyway. Stick to our Leafs, you are making us look bad.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Doubt Oilers trade Drai for Eichel.
Easy pass on quantity.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Easy pass from the Sabres. Better of trading Risto for a single piece and retaining the two other young guys, despite the Oiler homers and their opinions.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Drai is better than Eichel. Reinhart and that other garbage does not sniff him

Uh huh. 3 top 8 picks, a 65 point top line winger,41+ point/25 min a game #2 dman and a future 60 point 2C are garbage :laugh:

Eichel>Draisaitl. Lets see Draisaitl be ppg+ without McDavid. Oh wait he wouldn't be. People posting garbage in this thread like Buffalo would be a playoff team just with Draisaitl :laugh: Somehow Buffalo would, but the team with 2 100+ point scorers didn't come close this year. Even with his 100 point season due to McDavid Eichel still has the better career ppg. Oh and I guess we shouldn't mention Draisaitl leading forwards in ice time. Give Eichel that extra 2+ mins a game more that Draisaitl got and he would have put up the same numbers and not need a better player to do it for him.

Eichel put up 82 points in 76 games (Eichel appeared in 77 games but left after playing 1 minute when he got injured) as the #1 option. I am sure Draisaitl being the #1 option on his own team would not be ppg+ and if Eichel got to play with McDavid he would easily outproduce Draisaitl. Keep him, this trade makes Buffalo far worse. Best player in the game and another 100 point scorer and still just as awful as Buffalo.

Leon Draisaitl got nearly THREE HUNDRED (300) MORE MINUTES ON THE ICE. That is literally an extra 15 games at 20 minutes a game. Eichel was a ppg+ and didn't get force fed the leagues highest ice time for forwards. Eichel wasn't top 20 in total ice time or TOI per game among forwards. Draisaitl was far and away #1 in minutes played and #2 in TOI/g. Not that impressive when you get the most ice time in the league and get carried by the best player in the game. Without McDavid and nearly 23 minutes a game Draisaitl is a 70-80 point player period.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
LOL....as a 19 year old kid....in his first full season. In any event, he starts at 2C for the Sabres if the season starts today.

Jesse Puljujarvi had 12 goals as a 19 year old kid in his first full season. Look at him today.

It doesn’t matter where you’re playing him, Mittelstadt isn’t a 2C today, or even close.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Not a chance. Draisatl is a good player, but Reinhart playing with McDavid could score just as much. I wouldnt mind Draisaitl for any one of those players as the center piece, and Buffalo would clearly add. Sabres cant drop 3 young skill players for someone unless that player has a track record of driving the production of his line. I'm not saying Draisaitl cant be that, but it's too much risk that he needs McDavid around to produce the numbers he did last year.

Hahaha Reinhart could score 50 :laugh:

Jesus Drai still gets no respect around the league.

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008
Drai's contract alone makes him one of the five most valuable assets in the league. 50 goals and over 100 points locked up long term for 8.5m is insane. Buffalo just signed Jeff Skinner to more and he scored almost 40 less points than Draisaitl. Eichel hasn't even sniffed that kind of production and he is earning 10m. Reinhart is RFA next year and will probably be asking for at least 6 million. Risto would be nice but not worth losing Draisaitl. The deal makes no sense for Edmonton.

Reactions: MessierII

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I have with my own eyes seen Reinhart get 2 of the worst forwards in the league on his line and make it work. He can do stuff like that, Drai can't. Reinhart wouldn't in a million years score 50 goals on McDavid's wing, Draisaitl can.

Draisaitl without McDavid still produced at a 70 point pace and that’s with slugs like Lucic and Chiasson. Give him real top 6 wing options and he’s still a 90 point player that can play any forward position in any situation and be a plus player on faceoffs and solid defensively.

Drai >>> Reinhart. Easily.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017

And thats why youre a Sabres fan LMAO.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
These stats are irrelevant unless you remove all the points McDavid assisted/scored.

Then remove all the points that Eichel/Dahlin and anyone assisted/scored on for Reinhart. See how incredibly stupid your post sounds now.

People acting like points don’t count because McDavid plays on the same teams are out to lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad