Player Discussion: Blake Wheeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yup, I've know a number of people who've encountered Wheeler and his wife in different settings (PR, in the community, charitable stuff). They are positive members of the community, but sometimes Winnipeggers have some sort of weird suspicion of high profile people that embrace the community.
Met Wheeler at a restaurant in the city, i was in the bathroom washing my hands and he walked in, we talked Jets for quite a while . Seems like a very nice guy but that would get annoying sometimes having to talk to fans all the time even in the shit'r . :laugh: Wheeler makes alot of money so he's deserves scrutiny once in a while if his game is not very good or the team is playing like crap but i think we are going a little overboard here.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Oh you are right, it’s year two of his new contract. I misremembered, sorry.

jetsnblues

Jan 23, 2021
Nothing personal as it wasn’t anyone I knew. Just didn’t appreciate the attitude he displayed and the arrogance.
not from wheeler but i have had that happen many times but understand they get asked many many times a day and at some point just get sick of it, plus like i said then they see the autographed puck/stick what ever on ebay, i live in the Toronto area and many of the old timers refuse to sign now or ask you your name so they can put it "to John or 'to Mary" making it harder to sell, i have hull, fuhr, gretzky, orr, howe, bossy etc etc but woul never consider selling

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
Sigh... I really didnt think a relatively straight forward comment would require further elaboration or any clarification, but here goes nothing...

Lets use an analogy.

When my employer, colleagues or clients question an area of my performance, i have a tendency to focus on this area and improve upon it. It gets me fired up. I’ve noticed Blake reacts the same way. Most people do, however some people dont.

In some cases, an individual might react differently. For instance, like asking for a transfer to another department...

haha, it doesn't "require a further elaboration," which is why I wrote my post as I did, but much obliged for writing another post and responding.

I think that I understood what you wrote. I just happen to disagree with it and recognize its illogic (e.g. assumptions and lack of considering variables.)

As I already wrote in the previous post as a reply to your post, maybe, he will do as you say, but maybe, he won't. If he does, that'd be terrific. if not, well, that'd be no surprise.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
not from wheeler but i have had that happen many times but understand they get asked many many times a day and at some point just get sick of it, plus like i said then they see the autographed puck/stick what ever on ebay, i live in the Toronto area and many of the old timers refuse to sign now or ask you your name so they can put it "to John or 'to Mary" making it harder to sell, i have hull, fuhr, gretzky, orr, howe, bossy etc etc but woul never consider selling
Completely agree if it’s an adult that it’s understandable. Not little kids, that’s just wrong.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I took that as him pointing to the team's record and saying more to focus on the positives rather than linger on negatives. Praise for the players that are pulling the team up, despite the issues, I think given the rest of the interview.

Now if in 3 weeks the team's record is in the mud he might change his tune and be more reflective on the negatives, but we're not there yet.

I don't think it's anything sinister or that there's anything to read into beyond the surface in that quote.

Yeah that’s clearly what he meant, the team is playing well so why dwell in negatives?

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
...I do think that sheif wheeler and Maurice all run the team together and that’s a problem

kirk.gif

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
geez i thought leaf fans bitched but going through the forum here wheeler sucks, sheif sucks, connor sucks, pionk sucks, de melo sucks, morrissey sucks, maurice sucks, chevy sucks why the heck support the team?

"lol." please, provide some evidence that people say all of the people whom you mentioned "suck."

that's quite a gross distortion, generalization and just inaccurate and illogical attempt to assess how ever many opinions here. maybe, people support change because they are of the opinion that it is in the team's best interest?

one can support an organization while still criticizing it.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
haha, it doesn't "require a further elaboration," which is why I wrote my post as I did, but much obliged for writing another post and responding.

I think that I understood what you wrote. I just happen to disagree with it and recognize its illogic (e.g. assumptions and lack of considering variables.)

As I already wrote in the previous post as a reply to your post, maybe, he will do as you say, but maybe, he won't. If he does, that'd be terrific. if not, well, that'd be no surprise.

Sounds good :)

Reactions: TEH FIRST NOEL

jetsnblues

Jan 23, 2021
"lol." please, provide some evidence that people say all of the people whom you mentioned "suck."

that's quite a gross distortion, generalization and just inaccurate and illogical attempt to assess how ever many opinions here. maybe, people support change because they are of the opinion that it is in the team's best interest?

maybe go through the posts like i just spent 3 hours doing,

Reactions: thereturn and Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

There's criticising players and management, and then there's constant negative attacks on players and management that border on personal. Criticism in the absence of balance is destructive and that has become far more prevalent.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Nothing personal as it wasn’t anyone I knew. Just didn’t appreciate the attitude he displayed and the arrogance.

Funny. Maybe it was you? I mean Blake is great with kids.. even remembered mine a couple years back.. she sees him on tv and says that's the guy who high fives me lots.

Wheeler does lots for kids and would likely not turn a kid down unless the parent with The kid is being rude.

Honestly.. calling the guy arrogant and all this..I don't think Blake turned down the kid

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
There's criticising players and management, and then there's constant negative attacks on players and management that border on personal. Criticism in the absence of balance is destructive and that has become far more prevalent.

well, if you happen to find any posts that you consider "negative attacks" and don't mind sharing at any point, I'd be much obliged.

would you be so kind as to elaborate on "criticism in the absence of balance?" As you wrote, there is criticism. There is also bashing, insulting, and so on, but there is additionally arbitrary approval and agreement. There seems to be plenty posts that are comprised of the last of options of the aforementioned behavior on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia