Blake Wheeler upset with the Jets management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I could never see him as our captain, neither him or Buff really.

Right now I'd say the best bet would be Scheifele.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
The media sometimes reminds me of my favorite film:

84123-Monty-Python-burn-the-witch-gi-EzMU.gif

This will quiet down, then they'll go hunting for something / someone else to persecute.

You seem to forget that this happened right after...

ya9enV.gif

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I could never see him as our captain, neither him or Buff really.

Right now I'd say the best bet would be Scheifele.

Is there some reason why Bryan Little doesn't get mentioned for captaincy? I understand everyone is high on Wheeler for this season's efforts and play. I understand Buff is a core player and leader here as well. Isn't Little a part of that core as well? Scheifele's so young, I just don't think it's his time yet.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
I am honestly baffled that "fans" can make so much of so little. Dramatic much?

Blake Wheeler has been elite in both effort and talent. I think the measure of the player is his unflagging effort when the season is lost.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Wheeler is upset of not making the playoff. As it should be.
But he is not upset of the management or the team.
He probably sees, ( no offense to LADD and LITTLE ) he has better offensive players to play with now than before.

If little anchor the 2nd line with Staff and Perrault , then JETS ahve solid 1 - 2 punch.

Goalies, it will sort it self out.

Defense, the group needs to step up collectively.

Wheeler shows emotion as always.
I will be piss for not making the playoff if I'm playing.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
I'm not worried about Wheeler jumping ship, he's our man until he retires. Threads like this and stupid out of context tweets are going to make reading the trade forums over the summer about as annoying as it was when Trouba and Buff's 'contract demands' got 'leaked' by some speculating bozo and suddenly everyone wanted a piece of our future for allstar players like JVR, Kadri, and Eberle.

There isn't a "like" button here.

Instead, I will quote you.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I'm not worried about Wheeler at all. He actually has seemed a little less enthusiastic the last little while, but the team has been decently competitive considering the injuries and the loss.
Ehlers on the upswing, Petan with a found groove, Dano and Armia pushing marginal players down and/or out of the lineup, Morrissey ready for 3rd pairing duty with the potential to move up, Kyle Effin' Connor, and Hellebuyck getting the chance to be a Jet all year... Nevermind the very realy possibilty that we're drafting an NHL ready top 6 player this season. We look good next year and even better the year after. I'd be really excited in Blake Wheeler's shoes.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
It's pretty clear Wheeler is bitter and has lost the room before he's even had a shot at captaincy. True leaders are able to hide their emotions and speak to the media without actually divulging meaningful information. In this regard you would think he'd have been more proactive and learned a trick or two from his GM.

It's fortunate this selfishness has been brought to light and has *hopefully* prevented the organization from making a horrible mistake by handing him the C.

At this point it wouldn't shock me to learn that the locker room music consists solely of tracks from Frozen and High School Musical.

I think Chevy's best solution should be to trade Wheeler for either Hamonic or Darren Helm, both of whom are local guys who would be more than happy to play here. If it's Hamonic then they could move Myers for Garbutt (another local guy!).

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Here's the full context of the Wheeler quote. The bolded part doesn't make it sound like he plans on leaving anytime soon.

http://www.startribune.com/missing-playoffs-doesn-t-sit-well-with-jets-wheeler/374434371/

“Hockey News picked us to win it all in 2020. I don’t even know if I’ll still be here then,†kidded Wheeler, who had three years left on his contract. “We have a lot of guys … we can be really excited about. There’s some solace in that knowing that it isn’t dark. Hopefully we can get back on track next year.â€

Wheeler’s also glad to be on the same team as Minnesota’s own Dustin Byfuglien, who crushed Ottawa’s Mark Stone and Chicago’s Tomas Fleischmann recently with clean checks.

“There isn’t anyone like him,†Wheeler said of Big Buff. “I was back pressuring the puck on the Stone hit and God, I felt that one go right through me, too.â€

Byfuglien recently signed a $38 million extension through 2021.

“I’m happy he’s on my side for five moe, because he can do some damage,†Wheeler said.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
JMO... I believe Wheels will give this team next year to see how it goes. If we bounce back and it looks like we are on our way up and maybe even in a playoff run, then he stays thru the end of his contract. But, if we are fighting for another high draft pick next season, he will ask to be traded.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It's pretty clear Wheeler is bitter and has lost the room before he's even had a shot at captaincy. True leaders are able to hide their emotions and speak to the media without actually divulging meaningful information. In this regard you would think he'd have been more proactive and learned a trick or two from his GM.

It's fortunate this selfishness has been brought to light and has *hopefully* prevented the organization from making a horrible mistake by handing him the C.

At this point it wouldn't shock me to learn that the locker room music consists solely of tracks from Frozen and High School Musical.

I think Chevy's best solution should be to trade Wheeler for either Hamonic or Darren Helm, both of whom are local guys who would be more than happy to play here. If it's Hamonic then they could move Myers for Garbutt (another local guy!).

Someone is sharp as a tack on Monday morning. Watch out up in the sky for a flying Shane-O-Mac. :naughty:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Here's the full context of the Wheeler quote. The bolded part doesn't make it sound like he plans on leaving anytime soon.

http://www.startribune.com/missing-playoffs-doesn-t-sit-well-with-jets-wheeler/374434371/

“Hockey News picked us to win it all in 2020. I don’t even know if I’ll still be here then,†kidded Wheeler, who had three years left on his contract. “We have a lot of guys … we can be really excited about. There’s some solace in that knowing that it isn’t dark. Hopefully we can get back on track next year.â€

Wheeler’s also glad to be on the same team as Minnesota’s own Dustin Byfuglien, who crushed Ottawa’s Mark Stone and Chicago’s Tomas Fleischmann recently with clean checks.

“There isn’t anyone like him,†Wheeler said of Big Buff. “I was back pressuring the puck on the Stone hit and God, I felt that one go right through me, too.â€

Byfuglien recently signed a $38 million extension through 2021.

“I’m happy he’s on my side for five more, because he can do some damage,†Wheeler said.

Well looks I unnecessarily panicked and jumped the on this one :innocent:, mods please free to close this one. Sarcasm doesn't come across in an ominous sounding tweet.

zsam

Mar 26, 2016
Winnipeg

You won the web this morning :laugh:. Just forgot the emoticons!!!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Well looks I unnecessarily panicked and jumped the on this one :innocent:, mods please free to close this one. Sarcasm doesn't come across in an ominous sounding tweet.

No worries - it is difficult to discern tone in a tweet, for sure.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad