Blake Wheeler upset with the Jets management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not worried about Wheeler jumping ship, he's our man until he retires. Threads like this and stupid out of context tweets are going to make reading the trade forums over the summer about as annoying as it was when Trouba and Buff's 'contract demands' got 'leaked' by some speculating bozo and suddenly everyone wanted a piece of our future for allstar players like JVR, Kadri, and Eberle.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I don't think Wheeler whines. He wears his emotions on his cuff.

I don't read anything into this other than it being a joking comment about his future. That's just my take though - everyone probably has their own take on things.

I do find it interesting that people get concerned when a player doesn't give a canned response, and others get annoyed when players DO give a canned answer. Media relations is a tough gig.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

I don't read anything into this other than it being a joking comment about his future. That's just my take though - everyone probably has their own take on things.

I do find it interesting that people get concerned when a player doesn't give a canned response, and others get annoyed when players DO give a canned answer. Media relations is a tough gig.

You know, you really can't win ya know. Sometimes it's hard, ya know?

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Actually just recalled that when that issue first came out while we were in the midst of our great season last year and everything was roses, Wheeler also commented on this article and he still said pretty much the same thing. I remember his quote in the Winnipeg Sun.

anyone else remember this.

I'm pretty sure that was Ladd who said that he's 30 and he doesn't give a rats ass about the draft and develop.

Wheeler's comment is obviously relating to him getting traded from Boston the year They won the cup .

I love Wheeler and would be devestated is he ever left. Hope they do win with him as Captain!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Yup

I could care less who wears the C next year either. Pass the ****ing hat around the room each player vote once and be done with it. It's not going to impact winz.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Yup

I could care less who wears the C next year either. Pass the ****ing hat around the room each player vote once and be done with it. It's not going to impact winz.

I'm with you here. Why fans give a **** who the captain is i'll never understand. What does it change for fans? We don't even know these guys outside of canned media quips.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
First of all I don't see any indication of Wheeler being upset with management in the statement he was quoted. That is just the fact - he might or might not be there. That is it. Why do we need to read something that is not there? Especially negative.

Secondly, this is not about Blake Wheeler or any other player. This is about Winnipeg Jets ... the team. Wheeler is just a soldier there. Maurice was very clear in that interview with Hustler and Lawless 10 days ago. He stated that they realized this core group is good enough to reach 1st level of playoffs and be chased out in 4 games. That is not enough. Jets management wants more. I do, too. Do you?

Well said!

And with Wheeler's contract in mind, I believe Chevy wanted to give the development a boost this season, to provide us the opportunity to be competitive before Wheeler reaches UFA status.

Sadly for Wheeler, another season is probably required to allow for development, before we are ready to make playoff noise.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
I'm with you here. Why fans give a **** who the captain is i'll never understand. What does it change for fans? We don't even know these guys outside of canned media quips.

Finally someone who agrees. Captain crap is the most overrated thing in hockey.

I do find it hilarious though that he's gone from 'true captain' 6 weeks ago to 'not'.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

FFS all he said was who knows if he will still be here then. If his contract is up in 2019 then that's a pretty logical thing to say. Hyperbole like this is just ridiculous. The local media twisting things he says to cause controversy is just going to make him even less happy here.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
"Whining" has got to be one of my least favorite words that is way overused on the Internet. 99% of the time the person isn't whining, but rather expressing a reasonable opinion. Language like that just shuts down any intelligent discussion.

I found Doug Wilson, guys...

:naughty:

Sorry I got him goin, my bad

If it was this thread, I'm pretty sure it would have been the alarmingly speculative title.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
FFS all he said was who knows if he will still be here then. If his contract is up in 2019 then that's a pretty logical thing to say. Hyperbole like this is just ridiculous. The local media twisting things he says to cause controversy is just going to make him even less happy here.

wow really? I a hundred percent agree with you. Nothing to discuss here.. wth is the media doing spinning a quote that pertains to Wheeler about 2020. :shakehead just brutal and sad at the same time.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
wow really? I a hundred percent agree with you. Nothing to discuss here.. wth is the media doing spinning a quote that pertains to Wheeler about 2020. :shakehead just brutal and sad at the same time.

The media sometimes reminds me of my favorite film:

84123-Monty-Python-burn-the-witch-gi-EzMU.gif

This will quiet down, then they'll go hunting for something / someone else to persecute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad