Waived: Blair Jones

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Yes they do and since they have been put together Iginla on plays 15 minutes a night Hudler's line plays 18 with far less pp time.

That's been one game. Iginla's ice time took a dive two games ago because of his fight as well.

It is nice to see a more balanced scoring front though. It honestly makes me feel we'd survive (more or less) trading Iginla for future pieces. Plus, where does Baertschi fit in when he's back? Backlund?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
That's been one game. Iginla's ice time took a dive two games ago because of his fight as well.

It is nice to see a more balanced scoring front though. It honestly makes me feel we'd survive (more or less) trading Iginla for future pieces. Plus, where does Baertschi fit in when he's back? Backlund?

No Iginla played 13 minutes 2 games ago and 16 last game, Hudler's line played 18 both games.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Even if he played half of those 5 minutes he would have only played 15:30, if line has clearly become the second line on 5v5. They probably play less 5v5 time then Stajan's line as well.

Right, but Hudler's line also gets extra shifted because Iginla's off the ice.

This could go back and forth all day. We'll look closely tonight to see who the Stars match with Iginla.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Right, but Hudler's line also gets extra shifted because Iginla's off the ice.

This could go back and forth all day. We'll look closely tonight to see who the Stars match with Iginla.

The stars have 3 3rd defensive lines :laugh:

Iginla's line might get the harder defensive match up but that would be a mistake by the other team given how the Hudler line has played.

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
Guys a plug. Adds absolutely nothing. No offence, doesn't play very physical. Skates fast but goes nowhere. Likely 100 guys available that could do what he does. Good ridence. Tampa threw him away for nothing. Why would the Flames think he is any good. Comeau is next. I am sorry. I just hate when they give a roster spot to a guy who is just filling out a jersey and they don't promote anyone from Abbotsford. Nice faith they have in their system when they take other teams throw aways. Horak shoudl have dressed before this guy.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Guys a plug. Adds absolutely nothing. No offence, doesn't play very physical. Skates fast but goes nowhere. Likely 100 guys available that could do what he does. Good ridence. Tampa threw him away for nothing. Why would the Flames think he is any good. Comeau is next. I am sorry. I just hate when they give a roster spot to a guy who is just filling out a jersey and they don't promote anyone from Abbotsford. Nice faith they have in their system when they take other teams throw aways. Horak shoudl have dressed before this guy.

Sometimes it's not as simple as that. Take Morrisson for example. We picked him up after Vancouver let him go from camp and he became a 40pt guy for us. Nobody in our system had that capability at the time.

First you need a working system in order to trust it. We still have lots of work to do before we know our system is working

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
Sometimes it's not as simple as that. Take Morrisson for example. We picked him up after Vancouver let him go from camp and he became a 40pt guy for us. Nobody in our system had that capability at the time.

First you need a working system in order to trust it. We still have lots of work to do before we know our system is working

I hear ya but bad example. Proven pro in Morrison vs Blair Jones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad