Waived: Blair Jones

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Looks like Flames management have finally lost it completely after the embarrassment last night. Time to go get the popcorn?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I definitely think this could mean the Flames are looking to add a player and unfortunately Jones fell victim to a numbers game due to our contract limit. Feaster drafted him in TB if I'm not mistaken and the Flames always spoke highly of Jones which is why I find this bizarre. I don't think this means Iggy is getting traded or anything, but perhaps this does mean another near trade is in the near future.

And wtf is Comeau doing practicing with Iggy and Glencross?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I definitely think this could mean the Flames are looking to add a player and unfortunately Jones fell victim to a numbers game due to our contract limit. Feaster drafted him in TB if I'm not mistaken and the Flames always spoke highly of Jones which is why I find this bizarre. I don't think this means Iggy is getting traded or anything, but perhaps this does mean another near trade is in the near future.

If I had to guess we are either calling Street who will play center and comeau is filling in, or we are about to be for one ugly game:laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

They are trying him at center according to Hartley.

I'm not a big fan of it but he does bring size, speed and passion (recently) to the position. Horak was completely outmatched last night at center, as he always has. I'm not sure Comeau can do a worse job than Horak did last night.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

Other speculation i heard is they put jones on waivers because he has the highest chance of getting claimed, so im starting to think a trade is definitely a possibility

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Other speculation i heard is they put jones on waivers because he has the highest chance of getting claimed, so im starting to think a trade is definitely a possibility
OR Sven is returning and they need to clear a roster spot and feel Street/Horak are better than the 4th liners.

Goodlad

Jan 15, 2013
Hartley said today that Sven is questionable to travel with the team for the next two games, and definitely won't be playing. I don't think the move has anything to do with Sven coming back.

Thumper17

Jun 27, 2011
@SunGilbertson

Blake Comeau is skating between Jarome Iginla and Curtis Glencross in #Flames latest combos.

:facepalm:

Hanging-Man-Window-Cling-zoom.jpg

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
OR Sven is returning and they need to clear a roster spot and feel Street/Horak are better than the 4th liners.

It is another possibility but I feel that Jones was great at that 4th line position. I don't think Street/Horak is much of an upgrade considering the role they are going to get. I would hope its not a trade. A trade this early would imply that they are still trying to make the playoffs and might give up some of the future.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Some great quotes:

Hartley:

“We’re not Amnesty International,” Hartley was saying after practice. “We’re way too generous. We need to play to win some games.”

And an even better one by Comeau on playing between Glencross and Iginla:

“I’m excited for the challenge,” he said. “I don’t think I’m that bad of a player where I think it’s outrageous that I’m playing centre with Jarome and Glennie. I didn’t think of it as a joke at all.”

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I love how after every move, Flames fans think "something else must be in the works" :laugh: and there never is... ever. Not once. :laugh:

Backlund or Baertschi must be coming back. Good news.

Personally I would have waived Comeau over Jones tho.

Never is an exaggeration.

This certainly could be nothing, but I just think there might be more to come.

I would imagine Danny Taylor will be up and will start soon.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Some great quotes:

Hartley:

And an even better one by Comeau on playing between Glencross and Iginla:

Another one:
“What you see is what you get, we’re going to try Coms at center,†Hartley said. “We have a shortage at center, plain and simple. He’s a hard worker. We’re trying to bring grit and passion to our lineup."

I wonder if the people in this franchise will ever realize just how stupid they sound and look to everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad