Waived: Blair Jones

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
^ We have a shortage at center so we sent a center to the ahl :laugh:

I don't see what Hartley and Feaster see in Comeau the guy blows.

It's amazing really. And you can't help wonder what kind of message this sends to Iginla,

"We really value your contributions to the Flames organization and would like nothing more than for you to re-sign so we're sticking Comeau beside you. Have fun"

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
And if Backlund or Baertschi aren't ready for next game (Sven maybe?) then maybe you guys are onto something and there is a possible trade in the works.

First the Joey Mac claim and now Jones being waived... **** I hope Feaster knows what he's doing.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Waiving Jones, I don't agree with.

As for Comeau... I'll be honest guys, I think there might be something here. He got pretty fired up against St.Louis, same deal with Iginla in Dallas. Maybe they can spark something. Would definitely be a gritty line for the Flames, something they really need... and really, if they can develop some chemistry, it gives us more options for the other lines.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Stajan has taken 220 faceoffs Jones has taken 70, Stajan plays against top centermen Jones plays against 4th lines, Stajan>Jones

I'd still like to have a C over 50% on the team, regardless of who he plays. It's been a long time since we've had a good C at winning draws. Yeller was our last great faceoff taker.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
They are trying him at center according to Hartley.

I'm not a big fan of it but he does bring size, speed and passion (recently) to the position. Horak was completely outmatched last night at center, as he always has. I'm not sure Comeau can do a worse job than Horak did last night.

Sounds like the David Moss experiment all over again. I agree with you about Horak.

I would of rather Comeau be waived over Jones without question, but it does make sense that if the Flames were trying to rid themselves of a contract that Jones was waived over Comeau. Jones also brings all the traits that you mentioned.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'd still like to have a C over 50% on the team, regardless of who he plays. It's been a long time since we've had a good C at winning draws. Yeller was our last great faceoff taker.

Conroy says hello. Yelle was great in 04 and 06, but became a 50/50 guy after that.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Conroy says hello. Yelle was great in 04 and 06, but became a 50/50 guy after that.

Totally forgot Conroy came back after 06 :laugh:

Connie was a great 51-54%. I miss him. Regardless, it's been too long since we've had a reliable 51%+

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
What the actual ****. Jones has been our only mainstay on the 4th line and suddenly he's waived??? Why not waive one if the players that have been healthy scratches?.. Makes no sense to me, especially with our shortage at center

LukeD

On Fire
Apr 1, 2012
Nova Scotia
This is incredible. It's as if the Flames are committed to having no true centres, and just rolling with wingers up the middle. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad