GDT: Blackhawks vs Canadiens - 5pm - Original 6 Beat Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
power play time...8 power plays means Seabs gets the most minutes, it is misleading overall as he didn't get a ton of EV time..when we have this many power plays SEABS 100% should have the most time...
Even strenght ice time:

Keith 15:11
Gustafsson 15:08
Murphy 15:02
Jokiharju 12:22
Seabrook 10:07
Manning 7:22

Reactions: joshprost99

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Seems like a near zero likelihood but anybody think its realistic at all that Stan is canned this year

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
JC wants to establish his physical defense and is using Seabs and Manning to set the example, but it’s getting ridiculous at this point.

Seabs had all that ice time because of all the PP time. Pretty obvious.

And Joker is making rookie plays .... especially so in shying away from physicality. JC is doing him a favour by not overplaying him and letting him learn the NHL game at his own pace. Rushing young Dmen into the NHL is rarely a good thing - and in Hawks case there is absolutely no need to do so. Q was overplaying him out of desperation.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

And Joker is making rookie plays .... especially so in shying away from physicality. JC is doing him a favour by not overplaying him and letting him learn the NHL game at his own pace. Rushing young Dmen into the NHL is rarely a good thing - and in Hawks case there is absolutely no need to do so. Q was overplaying him out of desperation.

That’s a good point. So do you think it’s better for his development to be playing this level of ice time?

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
That’s a good point. So do you think it’s better for his development to be playing this level of ice time?
I think so. Jokiharju isn't Heisknanen or Dahlin, who can step up and play 22-24 mins a night right away.

He's more on Valimaki's tier. Calgary has him playing about 15mins a night. Even Sergachev played 15mins a night.

They are 19 year old, they'll have tons of seasons of playing tons of minutes. No need to rush IMO.

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
I am pretty fine with JC and what he has done here OUTSIDE of Joker...he is sitting the right guys normally, and his lines have made more sense than a lot of what Q was doing..we don't know if he is trying to help spotlight Manning and AA for trades...but if he isn't then his playing of Manning is bizarre and better lighten up with Murph back up..

I wasn’t thinking of showcasing for trades, I take your point there. I don’t understand what you mean with lines, though. As far as the “new era” is concerned, I’m still waiting for some type of normalization in the defensive zone, where guys understand where they’re supposed to be and who they’re responsible for. There’s so much running around from the wings in particular, it’s way too easy for teams to sustain pressure. Weber’s goal—I mean, it’s Shea Weber shooting. What are you going to do? But that third goal really got me.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Right, we shouldn’t rush him. That said, all of these power plays presented a great opportunity to give him easy minutes and a much needed confidence boost.

I don’t like JC though, maybe I am just looking for a reason to complain.

Crow

May 19, 2014
A little disappointed I didn’t get the Crawford nod in the 2 post.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

He should be getting PP time. Period.

Seabrook has contributed nothing on the PP all season long.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He should be getting PP time. Period.

Seabrook has contributed nothing on the PP all season long.

Not to mention remember the BS spin by Jeremy that kids will make mistakes and that the mistakes are not something to hold against them

It seems with Joker that is not his standard and its pretty idiotic

It reminds me of how Yawney always punished Vorobiev while watching rest of kids screw up and vets play like ass

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This team is in shambles, who plays in the powerplay is the least of their worries...

3-11-2

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
Not to mention remember the BS spin by Jeremy that kids will make mistakes and that the mistakes are not something to hold against them

It seems with Joker that is not his standard and its pretty idiotic

It reminds me of how Yawney always punished Vorobiev while watching rest of kids screw up and vets play like ass

Vorobiev is still playing. He has 30 points (11G and 19A) in 29 games for Gyergyói HK in the Ersta Liga so far this year.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Vorobiev is still playing. He has 30 points (11G and 19A) in 29 games for Gyergyói HK in the Ersta Liga so far this year.

Really?

He had some injuries derail his KHL career a few years back. Nice to see him back playing

Still Yawney was dick who treated him different then everyone and it made no sense. I still believe Vorobiev would have been solid NHL talent if Yawney and Dale didn't hate him and chase him back to Europe

Reactions: joshprost99

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Hope not, if Kakko,Dach and Cozens are still available.
Do you think that those 3 are better? I'd be 100% fine with any of the four. If the Hawks are worst, they'll be guaranteed at least one of them.
I want Lafreniere next year. Badly. In a perfect world, the Hawks end up with Kakko this year and Lafreniere next year.

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
Really?

He had some injuries derail his KHL career a few years back. Nice to see him back playing

Still Yawney was dick who treated him different then everyone and it made no sense. I still believe Vorobiev would have been solid NHL talent if Yawney and Dale didn't hate him and chase him back to Europe

Yeah he's still playing. Here's his stats on EliteProspects.com if you're interested.

Pavel Vorobyev at eliteprospects.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad