GDT: Blackhawks vs Canadiens - 5pm - Original 6 Beat Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Good tank loss I guess.

About Ice time. I think Joker is playing the minutes he should overpaying him isn't doing much for him. Taking Seabrook and Keith out of the PP in a season like this does nothing for the team going forward. All it could do is losing the Vets and the Locker room. You have to do it step by step. It's not like Joker is setting the world on fire and forces JC to do it.
I expect us to keep this roster and it's players until the Winter classic. After that I can see moving some players and call up some others.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
20 pages of posts for this disaster team, that is unreal. Seems to be more interest now then when we were winning cups

That's because 18 pages of it are random people whining for the sake of whining. When the Hawks are good, they're nowhere to be found on here. When they're bad, they all come out of the woodwork like cockroaches.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
God almighty .......... how can the PP be this bad

There has to be a system that can be used to get the most out of these players .... the current PP is so embarrassing

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010

All I saw was Seabrook passing up the opportunities to put a big slapper on net, but instead dishing it to the new Panarin (Kane near the left circle). Rinse and repeat, or until the PK disrupts the cycle.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Seabrook only actually hit the net on 1 of his 11 attempts.

I thought the Hawks played pretty well last night, maybe one of their better games under JC, but the PP let them down, as per usual. Didn't think the PP could get worse than it was, but here we are.

Definitely a joke that HJ doesn't get any PP time when he has a shot that can get through and on the net. Doesn't have to be hard, but if it hits the net that is already an improvement on what Seabs brings. Using the excuse that he is young and needs to learn is dumb, because playing with a man advantage while not having to defend nearly as much is a good role to throw him in to. He was fine handling those big minutes earlier in the year, and was fine up until the coach called him out for no reason and then benched him.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Even Kane got the Keith disease of teeing up slappers instead of quick wristers on the PP, allowing Price/PK time to adjust.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Seabrook only actually hit the net on 1 of his 11 attempts.

I thought the Hawks played pretty well last night, maybe one of their better games under JC, but the PP let them down, as per usual. Didn't think the PP could get worse than it was, but here we are.

Definitely a joke that HJ doesn't get any PP time when he has a shot that can get through and on the net. Doesn't have to be hard, but if it hits the net that is already an improvement on what Seabs brings. Using the excuse that he is young and needs to learn is dumb, because playing with a man advantage while not having to defend nearly as much is a good role to throw him in to. He was fine handling those big minutes earlier in the year, and was fine up until the coach called him out for no reason and then benched him.

To that point:

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
well absolute bottom of the league...no call ups. coaching is a disaster, effort is a disaster, void of talent on the back end and bottom two lines. @Pez68 @AmericanDream @ChiHawks10 getting to that time to come clean and just say you were wrong. "systems systems" "you must not watch the games" "game has passed Q by" from a .500 team to a bottom of the barrel dumpster fire. maybe the hall of fame coach who has proven it over and over and over again did know what he was doing???

Reactions: dk2k and plank

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
well absolute bottom of the league...no call ups. coaching is a disaster, effort is a disaster, void of talent on the back end and bottom two lines. @Pez68 @AmericanDream @ChiHawks10 getting to that time to come clean and just say you were wrong. "systems systems" "you must not watch the games" "game has passed Q by" from a .500 team to a bottom of the barrel dumpster fire. maybe the hall of fame coach who has proven it over and over and over again did know what he was doing???

View attachment 163717

Was supposed to be the popcorn eating gif, but this site won’t allow me to post it.

Just pretend it’s there.

Reactions: ChiHawk21

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
is this BWC???

so they were a .500 team and now are not - so by this you must think Q is the answer and if Q was here, they would be a better team...is that the jist of your post??

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
is this BWC???

so they were a .500 team and now are not - so by this you must think Q is the answer and if Q was here, they would be a better team...is that the jist of your post??
the jist is you are and have been wrong about the coaching situation, the talent on the roster, the talent in the system, and what would happen after Q was fired but you still wont admit it with the proof in your face every night.

i dont think Q is the answer because there is no answer with this roster. there was a little "no it all" crew coming at everyone with a different point of view on the coaching situation and they cant admit that they may have been partially incorrect on there takes now.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
the jist is you are and have been wrong about the coaching situation, the talent on the roster, the talent in the system, and what would happen after Q was fired but you still wont admit it with the proof in your face every night.

i dont think Q is the answer because there is no answer with this roster.
I have been wrong? explain how I have been wrong?

You want me to say I have been wrong because a new coach is here and has a worse record than Q after coming in during the season?

You want me to admit that JC is NOT sitting the majority of correct players like banishing Kunitz away for most nights whereas Q played him and on higher lines?

You want me to admit that the Hawks systematic play is NOT the correct system they should be playing right now vs what we did with Q? Meaning, they aren't moving into the right direction little by little?

You want me to say that for the most part I don't like the lines JC puts out there on a nightly basis?? You would like me to say Q and his blender made more sense?

You want me to say this roster is bad now, when in fact I don't believe it is bad, never believed it was bad even to start the season. There is a difference between bad and underpeforming, and this team needs a number of things to go right that simply haven't.

You keep trying to make this out to be something that you have to blame one individual, or you have to blame the coach or GM...you keep thinking those that wanted Q gone expected a change right away, NOBODY believed that...it takes time...you keep getting told this but ignore it only to fuel your pathetic narrative.

you have been shown by so many different posters that there is more to it than that...much more to it than that. A lot of things have gone wrong this season, Q was a big part of that failure, core players not producing consistently enough is part of that problem, terribly coached and played systems was part of it, and a team not very deep that has a poor bottom 6 and bottom 3 defenders....all part of the problem. Crow not stealing us any games like he did last year another issue..I do not believe this team is as bad as they currently are, you can look around the league and many similar rosters to them...others can disagree with me on that, which is fine as I am not saying the Hawks are a great team talent wise, but there is enough here to be a playoff bubble team regardless of the bottom 6, JC has to figure out how to get that out of them.

JC and his handling of Joker has been bad for me...that is the one thing I will call out as he must get better at giving this kid more EV time and power play time...outside of that, he needs time to figure this out and get the locker room believing again, something that Q lost a long time ago..

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

You want me to say I have been wrong because a new coach is here and has a worse record than Q after coming in during the season?

You want me to admit that JC is NOT sitting the majority of correct players like banishing Kunitz away for most nights whereas Q played him and on higher lines?

You want me to admit that the Hawks systematic play is NOT the correct system they should be playing right now vs what we did with Q? Meaning, they aren't moving into the right direction little by little?

You want me to say that for the most part I don't like the lines JC puts out there on a nightly basis?? You would like me to say Q and his blender made more sense?

You want me to say this roster is bad now, when in fact I don't believe it is bad, never believed it was bad even to start the season. There is a difference between bad and underpeforming, and this team needs a number of things to go right that simply haven't.

You keep trying to make this out to be something that you have to blame one individual, or you have to blame the coach or GM...you keep thinking those that wanted Q gone expected a change right away, NOBODY believed that...it takes time...you keep getting told this but ignore it only to fuel your pathetic narrative.

you have been shown by so many different posters that there is more to it than that...much more to it than that. A lot of things have gone wrong this season, Q was a big part of that failure, core players not producing consistently enough is part of that problem, terribly coached and played systems was part of it, and a team not very deep that has a poor bottom 6 and bottom 3 defenders....all part of the problem. Crow not stealing us any games like he did last year another issue..I do not believe this team is as bad as they currently are, you can look around the league and many similar rosters to them...others can disagree with me on that, which is fine as I am not saying the Hawks are a great team talent wise, but there is enough here to be a playoff bubble team regardless of the bottom 6, JC has to figure out how to get that out of them.

JC and his handling of Joker has been bad for me...that is the one thing I will call out as he must get better at giving this kid more EV time and power play time...outside of that, he needs time to figure this out and get the locker room believing again, something that Q lost a long time ago..

I don't know why you bother. That's like 20 mins of your life wasted, and you'll never get it back, and you changed nothing about the ridiculous opinion of the person you're responding to.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't know why you bother. That's like 20 mins of your life wasted, and you'll never get it back, and you changed nothing about the ridiculous opinion of the person you're responding to.
I know, I have said it to you before, who is the bigger idiot - the ones saying this nonsense or those of us who take time and keep arguing with them over it????

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I know, I have said it to you before, who is the bigger idiot - the ones saying this nonsense or those of us who take time and keep arguing with them over it????

I’ll admit, it took me a while to understand what’s actually happening here. I figured “how can it be a rebuild if the whole core is still here?”

But I feel I’ve had a much better understanding over the last few months. Once I realized the front office is lying to sell tickets, it became a lot easier to understand.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I’ll admit, it took me a while to understand what’s actually happening here. I figured “how can it be a rebuild if the whole core is still here?”

But I feel I’ve had a much better understanding over the last few months. Once I realized the front office is lying to sell tickets, it became a lot easier to understand.
this isn't against you at all - it doesn't matter what a front office says for me, they are going to say and do what is in "their" best interest, meaning to make money and fill seats...very few teams EVER use the term rebuild in hockey, especially bigger market teams...Rangers openly have and that is very rare..

with that being said, I still firmly believe there is enough talent here to not be a bottom feeder...our core is on par with many other winning record teams core...our top 6 is easily on par with most of the top half teams..our top 4 defenders when used/rolled correctly (Keith, Joker, Forsling and Murphy) are better than the bottom 3rd of the league..our goalie was once a top 5 or so goalie, now he is not and that is hurting us as well... where we lack is depth in the bottom 6 and defense and a goalie stealing us some wins..that can be changed, but I do see this team as still being competitive.

heart, desire, passion, "ALL-IN", that is what is seriously lacking here and faded under Q...JC hasn't done much to get that back yet so his job is even harder than he probably expected - but his ass gets held to the same fire as Q, only he doesn't have years to make mistakes or have those gloss over them...he has to do it right now and on the fly.

we will see soon what ?management? thinks this team really is at the deadline...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i said this before, but this team is really needing a top pairing d-men..... getting both d-men. that lack of a bonafide/ a true top pairing d-men.

what i am also noticing is the play of CC and this is probably on me. in watching him play, i am seeing his game getting worst...... why ???

Last edited:

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

You want me to say I have been wrong because a new coach is here and has a worse record than Q after coming in during the season? Yes

You want me to admit that JC is NOT sitting the majority of correct players like banishing Kunitz away for most nights whereas Q played him and on higher lines? has this helped the team win>? is not putting in fortin and martinson the reason Q wasnt winning more?

You want me to admit that the Hawks systematic play is NOT the correct system they should be playing right now vs what we did with Q? Meaning, they aren't moving into the right direction little by little? they are moving in a worse direction...

You want me to say that for the most part I don't like the lines JC puts out there on a nightly basis?? You would like me to say Q and his blender made more sense? Id like you to place blame on both if you dont like mixing lines when they dont work. not pick and choose because you want your argument to be correct.

they were a .500 team. you blamed the losing on coaching and systems. they switched coaches. they are now the worst team in the entire league. you came at everyone with a different opinion than you for months. you were so high and mighty. ohhh you dont watch these games. get a couple likes from like 2 other posters and u believe you know more then everyone. turns out you were wrong and ur having a tough time admitting.

They are now the worst team in the league. The worst.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

this is why i continue to rub your nose in being wrong. because you act high and mighty for no reason. how is my opinion ridiculous? how is not thinking Q was the problem with this team ridiculous?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

high and mighty. im an idiot because i have a different view on the situation!

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
this isn't against you at all - it doesn't matter what a front office says for me, they are going to say and do what is in "their" best interest, meaning to make money and fill seats...very few teams EVER use the term rebuild in hockey, especially bigger market teams...Rangers openly have and that is very rare..

with that being said, I still firmly believe there is enough talent here to not be a bottom feeder...our core is on par with many other winning record teams core...our top 6 is easily on par with most of the top half teams..our top 4 defenders when used/rolled correctly (Keith, Joker, Forsling and Murphy) are better than the bottom 3rd of the league..our goalie was once a top 5 or so goalie, now he is not and that is hurting us as well... where we lack is depth in the bottom 6 and defense and a goalie stealing us some wins..that can be changed, but I do see this team as still being competitive.

heart, desire, passion, "ALL-IN", that is what is seriously lacking here and faded under Q...JC hasn't done much to get that back yet so his job is even harder than he probably expected - but his ass gets held to the same fire as Q, only he doesn't have years to make mistakes or have those gloss over them...he has to do it right now and on the fly.

we will see soon what ?management? thinks this team really is at the deadline...

keep moving the goalposts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->