GDT: Blackhawks vs Canadiens - 5pm - Original 6 Beat Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
iv said all along you cant even judge JC with this team and that i do understand the thought process of having a new voice in the locker room (i dont agree with it but i can see where people are coming from). I only disagreed on Q being a problem for the hawks. this spun into constant downtalk by this crew that likes each others posts and calls people idiots because of different opinions. now that you have a little better view of the team being WORSE with a different head coach i though maybe you would see it. turns out you cant see it right in front of ur face.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
What are the odds the new staff doesn’t have the vets on board with their plans. I can’t help but watch the video of when Colliton talked to Kane and Toews on the bench and their body language was pretty bad and it looked like they didn’t want to hear what he had to say...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
iv said all along you cant even judge JC with this team and that i do understand the thought process of having a new voice in the locker room (i dont agree with it but i can see where people are coming from). I only disagreed on Q being a problem for the hawks. this spun into constant downtalk by this crew that likes each others posts and calls people idiots because of different opinions. now that you have a little better view of the team being WORSE with a different head coach i though maybe you would see it. turns out you cant see it right in front of ur face.

You don't think Q was a problem at all? The team got off to a hot start then what happened? The same shit that is happening now.

Since you played you should know that systems changes don't happen over night and the changes JC has started to make are huge. Q's zone system among his other systems just were not effective any more. The losing was not all of Q and it was on the whole organization top to bottom. Players to the FO.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What are the odds the new staff doesn’t have the vets on board with their plans. I can’t help but watch the video of when Colliton talked to Kane and Toews on the bench and their body language was pretty bad and it looked like they didn’t want to hear what he had to say...

They looked like two players who are frustrated with losing. They are losing because of the players right now. They are making the mistakes. It rolls up to the coach and GM but it is on the players right now. Crow is struggling and they are making bad metal mistakes in d zone coverage.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
They looked like two players who are frustrated with losing. They are losing because of the players right now. They are making the mistakes. It rolls up to the coach and GM but it is on the players right now. Crow is struggling and they are making bad metal mistakes in d zone coverage.
yep, look at Anaheim right now - do people really believe that is a better team than us??? the main difference is this, their elite goaltender is stealing games, HE (John Gibson) is why they have a better record than us and in the playoff hunt. BK knows better than anyone, a great goalie can hide/mask flaws for their team...Gibson is keeping pucks out of the net, Crow is not...Crow did this last year which once again hid how bad Q and the core truly was..we should be no worse off than the Ducks record wise right now if we got the goaltending they have been getting..but we haven't been getting that and every flaw we have is being exposed and exploited..

Reactions: Pez68 and coolhand

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
How are we going to get a Gibson caliber goaltender? 6.4M cap hit starting next year too, best contract in the league.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
this is why i continue to rub your nose in being wrong. because you act high and mighty for no reason. how is my opinion ridiculous? how is not thinking Q was the problem with this team ridiculous?

It's ridiculous because you're trying to rub my nose in something that wasn't wrong and by repeatedly trying to do that, you just make yourself look worse and like you don't understand the way this whole coaching thing works... you're trying to say that we're wrong about Q being an issue when he absolutely was, so we're not wrong. So you look ridiculous. Get it now? Pair that with the fact that you think a month of colliton coaching proves you're right or we're wrong, and well, it's ridiculous...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
How are we going to get a Gibson caliber goaltender? 6.4M cap hit starting next year too, best contract in the league.
we had one last year - Crow..lol...I am being honest, what Crow was last year was near f***ing elite..unfortunately that is not the same cat in net right now...we know what he is capable of doing, but he seems hesitant on a lot of shots, seems anything that goes high and hard is an issue for him - mentally I think he might be a bit worried to take another hit to the head...

if we got anything close to the play from Crow last year for this years squad, we WOULD be .500....but we have not gotten that and have trailed in every damn game 10 minutes in...simply cannot win games especially from a group like this...we need tight goaltending and games to be close so we can actually play to our strength for once.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
You don't think Q was a problem at all? The team got off to a hot start then what happened? The same **** that is happening now.

Since you played you should know that systems changes don't happen over night and the changes JC has started to make are huge. Q's zone system among his other systems just were not effective any more. The losing was not all of Q and it was on the whole organization top to bottom. Players to the FO.
i know that these players have played in different systems there whole lives. Players who played under Q for a while that may take a little adjustment. Toews Kane Keith Seabrook...Thats it. toews on pace for like 30 goals playing good defensively, kane over a ppg. Keith and seabrook are aged and not playing good. Why does every other player need so much adjustment time to play systems they have played there whole lives? these systems are not new concepts its the same stuff people play all through bantams midgets juniors college or minors. debrincat kahun hayden kampf kruger kunitz martinson perlini strome saad anisimov davison forsling gus manning rutta murphy have all played plennnnty of games not in Qs systems.

I understand 15 games isnt a ton and there may still be some thinkin involved but its not a good enough excuse to be last place in the nhl. Its the talent.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
we had one last year - Crow..lol...I am being honest, what Crow was last year was near ****ing elite..unfortunately that is not the same cat in net right now...we know what he is capable of doing, but he seems hesitant on a lot of shots, seems anything that goes high and hard is an issue for him - mentally I think he might be a bit worried to take another hit to the head...

if we got anything close to the play from Crow last year for this years squad, we WOULD be .500....but we have not gotten that and have trailed in every damn game 10 minutes in...simply cannot win games especially from a group like this...we need tight goaltending and games to be close so we can actually play to our strength for once.

Since it was a concussion, it could take another year for him to get all the way back. There have been a lot of players that just looked lost for a year or 2 after a concussion, then they came back strong. Hopefully that is the case with Crawford next year.

Even so, we need to start expending some quality picks on goaltenders.

I put the rest of my post in the draft thread.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Cement Head

I'm tired, I only had 16 hours of sleep!
Dec 23, 2017
The goaltending from Crawford right now is equivalent to Forsberg and Glass after Crawford got hurt on December 23, 2017, aka AHL level goaltending. Can Crawford regain his elite level? I think his concussion issues have returned and it might be best for him to sit out and try to recover.

But, this team also has too many AHL level forwards and defensemen. I think almost half of these current guys who dress for games would not even be on the 2013-17 Hawk teams and the core are all on the downside of their respective careers, except maybe Kane.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Based on the Rockford game I watched, Sikura shouldn't be up here. He plays softer than Schmaltz. Last thing the Hawks need.
Something we have to face I think is, none of the promising talent the Hawks have are in Rockford. They’re either at college or down in juniors. It’s not going to get better this year. The season is a write off.

Reactions: nmgrbhfn

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
we need players to put the puck in the net and create offense...the Jets aren't overly concerned with Laine being not only Charmin soft but disinterested half the damn games as well..it comes with the territory with many skilled players. Sikura should be up here, let's see what he can do...and not comparing Sikura to Laine so don't lol....you just take the good with the bad and hope the good outweighs it with some of these kids..

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Fortin does nothing really, so I'm fine with it. I just don't see him being effective. He didn't stand out much playing against AHL level competition.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Sikura should at least get a cup of coffee this year in the NHL. He might not be ready to stick, but the kid needs to know where he's at in relation to where the level of talent is. He did get some games up here last year, but you would hope that he's progressed since that point and seeing how he currently measures up would be in everyone's best interests.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
yep, look at Anaheim right now - do people really believe that is a better team than us??? the main difference is this, their elite goaltender is stealing games, HE (John Gibson) is why they have a better record than us and in the playoff hunt. BK knows better than anyone, a great goalie can hide/mask flaws for their team...Gibson is keeping pucks out of the net, Crow is not...Crow did this last year which once again hid how bad Q and the core truly was..we should be no worse off than the Ducks record wise right now if we got the goaltending they have been getting..but we haven't been getting that and every flaw we have is being exposed and exploited..
To me the Vegas game in Chicago is a perfect example of that. I felt the Hawks outplayed Vegas in the first period, had some great scoring chances, Fleury made some great saves. Crawford gave up 3 very soft goals and the game was over.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Sikura should at least get a cup of coffee this year in the NHL. He might not be ready to stick, but the kid needs to know where he's at in relation to where the level of talent is. He did get some games up here last year, but you would hope that he's progressed since that point and seeing how he currently measures up would be in everyone's best interests.
Hillman is back healthy, both he and Sikura need to be up here. Let's see what we have in these two, both aren't 19 year olds, we can surely make some room by waiving/trading/scratching/deporting Kruger and Manning...move out Rutta too..

Reactions: Kevin Musto

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I wouldn't mind Anthony Louis get a look

Also wouldn't hurt to give Joni Tuulola a look if we can dump trash like Rutta or Manning at some point
Why specificlly calling out Tuulola of all the D in Rockford. Hes largely been lesser and plays more often less than Carlsson, Hilman, or Dahlstrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad