Blackhawks refused to report sex abuse of players to the police

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Whether it was two years or six... where exactly was his opportunity to repress the assault? I'm not a psychologist, but I imagine it's a lot easier to repress something if you don't speak about it and can avoid reminders of it.

The timeline of events is: the assault happens, John Doe 1 talks about it with at least one other player, leading him to find another player who had an incident with Aldrich. Those two players then report it to Vincent/Gary. John Doe 1 also reports the assault to the NHLPA. That player then endures at least two years of bullying from teammates. Then, after all that, he just represses the assault?

People deal with trauma in different ways.

I have no idea whether the allegations have merit, and to the best of my knowledge there have been no sworn statements to pick apart. The legal process will have to play out before any of us could have an opinion worth anything.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
Anyone ask the US Olympic committee for comments? Aldrich was part of the 2010 US olympics team.

“Brad Aldrich recently finished his first year as video coach with the Chicago Blackhawks after spending the previous two seasons as the coordinator of hockey operations/video coordinator at the University of Notre Dame.”

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
If the stories about other players also mouthing at the victim in practice is true, I`d seriously would strip Toews and Kane of the "C" and "A", if they actually let players do this, or worse - participate.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If the stories about other players also mouthing at the victim in practice is true, I`d seriously would strip Toews and Kane of the "C" and "A", if they actually let players do this, or worse - participate.

you also probably would've banned kane from the league in 2015

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
you also probably would've banned kane from the league in 2015

I suppose the captains on Blackhawks are entitled to bullying players then? Or atleast let others do it? I really cant see this as captain-material. More like shitheads

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Who gives a shit about something silly like letters on hockey jerseys with something like this going on?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I suppose the captains on Blackhawks are entitled to bullying players then? Or atleast let others do it? I really cant see this as captain-material. More like shitheads

imagine saying that toews and kane bullied players or were okay with players being bullied with no first hand knowledge of the situation

Reactions: ChiHawks10

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
One of the damn twitter threads showed in the back of the filing that the guy had police report(s) filed against him in the 00's when working for...again, a high school. WTF.

Also, you really have to hate the wording of the filing where it says something like "the Blackhawks provided a positive reference letter *and/or* verification of employment to _____ high school." Those are world's apart.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
One of the damn twitter threads showed in the back of the filing that the guy had police report(s) filed against him in the 00's when working for...again, a high school. WTF.

Also, you really have to hate the wording of the filing where it says something like "the Blackhawks provided a positive reference letter *and/or* verification of employment to _____ high school." Those are world's apart.

completely, iirc the original complaint said positive reference letter and was amended recently to and/or employment verification which every company does when someone applies for a job and is hired...believe the aldrich guy has connections to the hs he got the job at, relatives that work there or something, also his dad works for san jose, idk if the hawks were really endorsing this guy and thats what got him jobs

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
imagine saying that toews and kane bullied players or were okay with players being bullied with no first hand knowledge of the situation

Shit like this doesnt go unnoticed in a lockerroom. If you are given a C, you are the player most responsible for how the team acts.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
completely, iirc the original complaint said positive reference letter and was amended recently to and/or employment verification which every company does when someone applies for a job and is hired...believe the aldrich guy has connections to the hs he got the job at, relatives that work there or something, also his dad works for san jose, idk if the hawks were really endorsing this guy and thats what got him jobs

Complaints are made on “information and belief”. There is a long discovery process ahead. Reading the tea leaves for gotcha’s at this point is fruitless.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

Look at this way, the positive reference is something the Plaintiff's law firm did or didn't know before filing. There's no gray area there as it's something verifiable (that supposedly was not verified by the high school?). By amending it in that fashion where anything is possible they're clearly wording the accusations to stir the pot, get exposure, generate more outrage. That's not saying the details aren't bad enough, but it's a tactic being pulled to get some headlines and likely put pressure on the Defendant's to pony up.

When you see these little things you do have to wonder where and what else they're stretching their claims with to apply said pressure likely in hopes of a settlement. These are professionals who know how to play the game.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Look at this way, the positive reference is something the Plaintiff's law firm did or didn't know before filing. There's no gray area there as it's something verifiable (that supposedly was not verified by the high school?). By amending it in that fashion where anything is possible they're clearly wording the accusations to stir the pot, get exposure, generate more outrage. That's not saying the details aren't bad enough, but it's a tactic being pulled to get some headlines and likely put pressure on the Defendant's to pony up.

When you see these little things you do have to wonder where and what else they're stretching their claims with to apply said pressure likely in hopes of a settlement. These are professionals who know how to play the game.

John Doe's lawyer has already said they don't have the letter. They just believe it exists and hope to find it in discovery.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Why has nobody said what, exactly, "everyone knew"? Did they just know something had happened with Aldrich and the two players? The initial report was that he masturbated in front of them. Now we're hearing that he forced one of them to have sex with him, after threatening him with a bat? I thought there were two players involved? Where is the second player in this? What did Dowell allegedly say to Boynton? What details did Paul Vincent provide to Blackhawks management?

These details are extremely important. Especially with the victims refusing to go to the police, or go on record.

What an ugly f***ing situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad