Rumor: Blackhawks looking at Sam Gagner

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I mean, the title says they are looking AT him, not that they are interested. So rest well hawk fans. :naughty:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
LMAO not close. Stan scored Panarin for free on the FA market before flipping him for a two way winger with term who had seen success in Chicago (not to mention he's rebounding this season). Hall for Larsson is and will always be atrocious and not comparable. Stan's hands were tied behind his back due to the constant cap pressures signing a Stanley cup core brings, and he was hedging his bets. The Oilers were not pressed to trade Hall and ended up trading away a Hart trophy winning - 90 point winger for a "Top-4" defensive defenseman.

Stan is certainly not the best GM nor my favorite pick for the Hawks, but people posting stances such as, "one of the top 3 worst GMs," are out to lunch. If you ever get to experience 3 Stanley cups in that short of a span good luck keeping your team together! Pens and Kings are looking outstanding too aren't they!
And Stan traded a PPG winger for somebody whose career high is 53 points, and has been trending down from that the past 2 seasons.

Lol at acting like he got value on Panarin. Look at reality. That is an awful trade.

Reactions: kevrondl

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Manning for Gagner, with a bit of salary retention on Vancouver's side to make their cap hits the same. Both signed for 2 more years, both are hurting their teams by being awful, but each gets a fresh start and are given the benefit of the doubt by each fanbase for 2 or 3 games before we start *****ing and complaining. Sounds perfect to me.
Lol yea no would rather keep gagner then replacing him with manning at the same cap hit for the same time period

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
Panarin for Saad is one of the worst trades in recent memory and I feel like people barely mention it compared to how many times you see "lol Hall for Larsson".

they won a cup with saad playing a central role while the oilers traded away a hart trophy winner for a bust. big difference between the two

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
He's made soooooooooo many bad moves.
Shaw for DeBrincat and Krys

Getting rid of Hossa for only Hinostroza while getting a decent prospect in Entwhistle back

Finding Panarin, Kempny, Rutta, Raanta, TVR, out of thin air

Hartman for a first (used on Beaudin) and Edjsell

Leddy for Barker

every gm misses on a trade here and there wild concept but he isnt bottom three at all lol

Reactions: Pile

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Hard to criticize the Hawks for the actual Teravaine, Panarin, Saad, and Bickell trades, and maybe even Leddy to Isles It was done for cap purposes at the time.
But that extension to Seabrook....what were the Hawks thinking?

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Anything to help with the tank. AA for Gagner?

If we do not end up with Hughes/Kakko/Dach/Cozens next summer I'll be disappointed.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
I'd trade Sam Gagner for anyone on an expiring contract; he's a decent enough player for a team that could give him the ideal role of being on the #2 power play. He was never a fit w/ the Canucks, and never thought he would be.

How soon they forget.....

Maan, if only he'd dedicate himself & play w/ that sort of passion again, he'd be good w/ Bo Horvat on the Canucks 2nd line. And if he really is 5'11" and weighing 200lbs, he should probably lose about 20lbs to regain some quickness.

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago
And Stan traded a PPG winger for somebody whose career high is 53 points, and has been trending down from that the past 2 seasons.

Lol at acting like he got value on Panarin. Look at reality. That is an awful trade.

I never said we got value for him, I explained the situation he was traded under. If you fail to see why the two trades are vastly different you're an idiot.

Reactions: Crow and ColbyChaos

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
He's actually not that bad a player to stick on the PP.

He can hold his own and move the puck.

The fact he's not on the Canucks over pretty much our entire bottom 6 is a joke.

A 5th round pick would probably do it at this point with some salary retention

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Canucks probably retain if there is a pick involved. That’s not Benning’s M.O. though. A player for player move seems far more likely.

Kruger/Rutta/Kunitz gets VAN out of Gagner’s contract a year earlier.

Manning does nothing for the Canucks as they already have 4 LHDs on the team and Pouliot is Green’s pet.

Best guess, for Kruger/Kunitz.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
I would guess Rutta for Gagner at half price. The timing of Murphy being back and this comes out is no coincidence

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Kunitz as a top six winger doesn't thrill me.

Kruger I could understand if Beagle or Sutters injury recovery has been pushed back. Still not thrilling

My question is what did Gagner do? Hit on Benning or Greens wife? Guy was 5th in points for us last year and has done more to earn time then half our roster while not even being on it.

Again I'm on board with retaining salary if it makes the return better, but I don't feel this is a "we need to move him" situation.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Pissed as a Canucks fan.

#1. Never should have been sent down.
#2. Played well when called up
#3. Never should have been sent down, again.
#4. Serviceable skilled player and excellent on pp.
#5. Makes recruitment of future free agents more challenging based on how he has been treated.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So the Harks are interested in trading Seabrook for Gagner.

What's the add? Gagner isn't a long term commitment, Seabrook is. Gagners production relative to his contract is forgivable, Seabrook seems to be declining quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad