Rumor: Blackhawks looking at Sam Gagner

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Gagner played pretty well in his recent call up. I'm surprised he got sent down. He could be a good add for the hawks. He could be had for a 5th or 6th round pick.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Manning for Gagner, with a bit of salary retention on Vancouver's side to make their cap hits the same. Both signed for 2 more years, both are hurting their teams by being awful, but each gets a fresh start and are given the benefit of the doubt by each fanbase for 2 or 3 games before we start bitching and complaining. Sounds perfect to me.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Seeing as the Canucks have loaned him to another clubs AHL team, and have sent him down when they have players they could have sent down that did not require waivers, I would say his value is whatever the Hawks are willing to part with as long as it doesn't mean taking on a long term bad contract. Not really expecting an asset back as long as it doesn't cost the Canuck's additional money or term

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I find it funny how high he gets ranked in HFBoards' GM polls because of their Cups. This dude actively makes their team worse every single season.

I didn't even know Gagner had played an NHL game this year.

He's made soooooooooo many bad moves.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
One more year at $3.15 million. Canucks are going to have to eat some of that to get rid of him.

They can take our god awful mistake , Mr Brandon Manning at 1 yr 2.25M back in deal

Saves Nucks ownership a little bit of cash

Manning + 6th round pick for Gagner

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Panarin for Saad is one of the worst trades in recent memory and I feel like people barely mention it compared to how many times you see "lol Hall for Larsson".

Well, if he couldn’t afford Panarin, what was he supposed to do? Saad is playing well this year and signed long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: