GDT: Blackhawks @ Knights 9:00 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Just Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yeah but his zone entries are still probably the best on the team.

I seriously question that. I think that is Toews or Saad. They attack the seams and take what is given. Kane just b-lines to the right half boards and stands there. Power play has to be dynamic. He's way too predictable lately.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I seriously question that. I think that is Toews or Saad. They attack the seams and take what is given. Kane just b-lines to the right half boards and stands there. Power play has to be dynamic. He's way too predictable lately.

I think Kane disrupts good players and their games, even Panarin showed signs of it in his second year with the club.

Maybe Kane just needs to be Kessel’d and put on a third line with third liners. Guys who grind, those who can still be effective without flashing skill.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
30-40 practices in a month? You're aware they don't practice 1+ times a day? Morning skate is simply a skate to loosen up. It's not practice. They will have likely had 8-10 actual practices since he was brought on...

I'd love to know how a team practices more than once a day for an entire month in the middle of their season.
if you followed, I said in a span of 20-25 games.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Even in a span of 20-25 games... you're talking they might have 10-15 practices at most. That's like what, 6 or 7 weeks or so most likely? There's no way. They'd have to practice every other day...
I don't see that, but I was including game day skates where they should be practicing anything new the coach wants to implement.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I don't see that, but I was including game day skates where they should be practicing anything new the coach wants to implement.

Open Practice Schedule

Nine practices in December. Yes, pretty much every Blackhawks' practice is open practice.

Again, morning skate is not a full practice. They are mainly just doing drills to stay sharp.... I do believe most of them are 20-30 minutes.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's implied that you were saying people expected things to be fixed quick.
So it didn't actually say it and you are putting words in my mouth? Nothing was implied to day he should fix it the first game. I've said numerous times that I would give him 20-25 games to show some improvement. You see what you want to see.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I doubt any amount of practices will help that much. Yeah they’re learning a new system, but this roster up and down, just can’t compete.

I suspect we won’t be losing like this all season, but I’m not expecting some miracle run either. I’m guessing around 6 or 7th overall in the draft.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Open Practice Schedule

Nine practices in December. Yes, pretty much every Blackhawks' practice is open practice.

Again, morning skate is not a full practice. They are mainly just doing drills to stay sharp.... I do believe most of them are 20-30 minutes.
9 practices 10 games. And I was including game day skates where I am positive they work on a few things. So not too far off really.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I doubt any amount of practices will help that much. Yeah they’re learning a new system, but this roster up and down, just can’t compete.

I suspect we won’t be losing like this all season, but I’m not expecting some miracle run either. I’m guessing around 6 or 7th overall in the draft.

If you're thinking instead of doing...you're not competing. This is hockey.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Thats fine and dandy when you are a Cup contending team with a coach who has been there for a while.

When you have a new coach and you are in last place, you should be taking advantage of every minute you are on the ice with your players. If you aren't you aren't doing your job.

You have to balance it out. I have not heard of as many optional practices so far like we had with Q (this is not a bash on Q).

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You have to balance it out. I have not heard of as many optional practices so far like we had with Q (this is not a bash on Q).
Yes, but I really don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that they are working on things at morning day game skates. The PP is constantly being worked on every time they are on the ice.

All I am saying with all of this is, I expect to see even a slight improvement both on the ice and in the win column, improvement on the PP, and PK, and better roster management (specifically with younger kids in a development year), within the first 20-25 games of a new coach being implemented. I really don't believe that is too much to ask. I am willing to give JC more rope, I just have not been impressed so far, and I am skeptical if he is the right guy for the job. I will continue to be upset if he plays Manning more than Joker, or doesn't give Debrincat ice time like he did last night consistently. (no more 14min games).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad