GDT: Blackhawks @ Knights 9:00 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Just Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yes, but I really don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that they are working on things at morning day game skates. The PP is constantly being worked on every time they are on the ice.

All I am saying with all of this is, I expect to see even a slight improvement both on the ice and in the win column, improvement on the PP, and PK, and better roster management (specifically with younger kids in a development year), within the first 20-25 games of a new coach being implemented. I really don't believe that is too much to ask. I am willing to give JC more rope, I just have not been impressed so far, and I am skeptical if he is the right guy for the job. I will continue to be upset if he plays Manning more than Joker, or doesn't give Debrincat ice time like he did last night consistently. (no more 14min games).

I am sure they are to a point but you can't do that much in morning skates. It is mostly to get the legs going and for the goalies to see some shots.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Nah, we all thought Q was the entire problem, and that everything would be fixed the very first game JC coached. :laugh:
yep, I thought f***ing rainbows would appear in the sky the next day when he was fired.

he was part of the problem, the vast majority of us sane posters felt this way and still do. he needed to go. other problems still there like lazy play from the core, breaking habits/system play as discussed and a few plugs that need to be waived/scratched permanently and not in the lineup.

we all want to be better and we wish we were, but this takes months to fix and that is assuming JC is the right guy to do it, we still don't know yet.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I am sure they are to a point but you can't do that much in morning skates. It is mostly to get the legs going and for the goalies to see some shots.
True, but it's an opportunity to work with the guys and show them a few things without burning them out.

Another thing I would like to see is consistency with the lines. 13 different lineups in 15 games. Hard to build chemistry like that.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
True, but it's an opportunity to work with the guys and show them a few things without burning them out.

Another thing I would like to see is consistency with the lines. 13 different lineups in 15 games. Hard to build chemistry like that.

The blender does not bother me at all right now to be honest. He is benching 16 so that is driving a lot of it so that is why it does not bother me.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The blender does not bother me at all right now to be honest. He is benching 16 so that is driving a lot of it so that is why it does not bother me.

Me either. He's learning the team and players, their strengths and weaknesses, their tendencies, etc. This will help him build lines in the future, and why he should have been given training camp and the preseason. Best way to get to know his team and players, and figure out how to build the lines. No issue with it on my end.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Odd, as it should. Kane and Toews have both publicly voiced their frustration with having new linemates all the time. It's an issue.

Check my edit but are you really telling me what should bother me? The new line mates this I get but Toews has played really well since JC arrived (he was well before as well).

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Blender, at the moment doesn't bother me at all. Seems reasonable that a new coach would be trying different things, especially with 2 new players as well.

Admittedly, the blender with Q didn't really bother me as much as it did some others either.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'll add that I don't understand how you can be complaining about the lack of immediate success under JC on one hand and then on the other hand say he's not giving the lines time to develop. Which is it?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'll add that I don't understand how you can be complaining about the lack of immediate success under JC on one hand and then on the other hand say he's not giving the lines time to develop. Which is it?

Because @Hawkaholic is constantly talking out of both sides of his mouth. Just mentioned this same thing in another thread.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm not complaining about the lack of immediate success. I'm complaining about his usage of some players, and the lack of improvement on special teams. No one is asking for success, but improvement in some aspects on the ice. There's a difference.
It's harder to have success if you don't give the lines more than 1 game together. Not hard to figure out really.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm not complaining about the lack of immediate success. I'm complaining about his usage of some players, and the lack of improvement on special teams. No one is asking for success, but improvement in some aspects on the ice. There's a difference.
It's harder to have success if you don't give the lines more than 1 game together. Not hard to figure out really.

Actually I DO see improvement in the Hawks team game lately. In fact with average goaltending, not to mention the terrible puck luck, Hawks could easily have won the last 2 games. Baby steps are the best we can ask for when JC is thrust into the position he is in.

And worse, I think Stan and FO still think a PO spot can be had. This alone is a factor to how JC coaches. IE....he is hand-cuffed into playing veterans because the team can't handle any more raw rookies without taking a significant step backwards. Once the writing is on the wall that Hawks are all but eliminated from the post season, then JC can be free to coach with the future in mind. At least that is how I see the current situation.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Actually I DO see improvement in the Hawks team game lately. In fact with average goaltending, not to mention the terrible puck luck, Hawks could easily have won the last 2 games. Baby steps are the best we can ask for when JC is thrust into the position he is in.

And worse, I think Stan and FO still think a PO spot can be had. This alone is a factor to how JC coaches. IE....he is hand-cuffed into playing veterans because the team can't handle any more raw rookies without taking a significant step backwards. Once the writing is on the wall that Hawks are all but eliminated from the post season, then JC can be free to coach with the future in mind. At least that is how I see the current situation.

Wait, people told me how wrong I was for listening to the front office say this is a playoff team during JC’s introduction.

I got ripped for saying they’re either lying or don’t know how to evaluate an NHL roster.

Now you’re telling us that JC is actively being forced to hold back the future because the front office actually does believe this is a playoff team?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Wait, people told me how wrong I was for listening to the front office say this is a playoff team during JC’s introduction.

I got ripped for saying they’re either lying or don’t know how to evaluate an NHL roster.

Now you’re telling us that JC is actively being forced to hold back the future because the front office actually does believe this is a playoff team?
This might be the most confusing thing I’ve ever heard. Is the organization unintentionally tanking? Is that what I’ve taken from all of this?

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

That's how it looks to me, yes.

Otherwise, we'd be seeing more ice for Joker and Forsling...... Seabs, Manning and probably Keith playing less minutes .... Kunitz and Kruger would be in the press box plus at least one more call-up from RFD.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
The Hawks have won 3 in the last 20 and there hasn’t really been a must keep together line so JC absolutely should be switching up the lines at this point. He’s been keeping Strome and Debrincat together though which is smart. I like them on the third line together getting soft matchups.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
In 30 games this season we have 5 regulation wins, only 2 in our last 20 games. This isn’t just bad, its epic bad and hard to believe. First comments in here this season was this was a playoff team with Crow. Then it was fire Q, his lines and his systems suck and new ideas will revive this team. And besides, Colliton was a young and innovative coach. Then it was get Forsling back. Next it is get Murphy. Well we know now its the roster, its terrible.

I thought last years team was bad, I think that team would kick this teams *** most every night.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
That's how it looks to me, yes.

Otherwise, we'd be seeing more ice for Joker and Forsling...... Seabs, Manning and probably Keith playing less minutes .... Kunitz and Kruger would be in the press box plus at least one more call-up from RFD.
That’s very interesting. I mean I think it’s the complete wrong call, but it does kind of make sense. Maybe some higher ups are really out of touch.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
With this loss .........

Hawks on pace for a 63 Point season

Allowed 30 more goals than scored

This is a bad team .... it needs to be blown up ... whatever it takes to get rid of those bad contracts (see Seabrook) and shouldnt have been signed vets (see Manning & Kunitz) .... Im sure their are more

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Hey guys. Haven't watched any hawks games lately but was wondering what you thought of Dylan Stromes play so far?
Everyone things the guys a bust but I still think he'll break out as a 2c or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad