GDT: Blackhawks @ Knights 9:00 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Just Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think he was arguing that Joker should be playing more than both of those guys, like Q did.
no he isn't, he keeps saying that JC is playing Seabs and Manning in top roles - BUT HE f***ING IGNORES WHAT HIS HERO COACH DID AS WELL....

nobody is happy with how JC is handling Joker, but for FFS how can one be so stupid and ignorant by calling out one coach for playing these two when their hero did the exact same thing...there is no trying to understand him, he has no f***ing logic..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'm expecting crickets...

Saying that doesn't mean I like JC's distribution of time though.
exactly, none of us do - but we bitch no matter who the coach is - most of us have no narratives here, but how you can call one coach out for doing something but not the other is absolute insanity and proof positive he cares more about Q than this team.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Brandon Manning

24 GP
1 Goal
2 Assists
-12 (Leads team)
15:39 TOI

This is the player our coach wants Joker to become

Play Manning and Seabrook more , more , more!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Hawkaholic

here is his post...

he says - "This is the player our coach wants Joker to become" - which makes no f***ing sense as as you stated JC is playing Manning less...and Joker STILL averaging over 19 minutes under JC - almost 5 minutes more per game than Manning.

then he double down and says -"Play Manning and Seabrook more , more , more" - again, his coach played Manning more more more...also played Seabs a lot too...so you can try to explain what this guy is trying to say, but it is all bullshit and he is filled with ridiculous narratives here and this and so many other posts showcase his ignorance.

I don't give 2 shits who the coach is, I just want this team to win - I am 100% that is not what BWC feels at all. Most of us can call out JC for dumb things he has done, but it seems those who loved Q, especially BWC can NEVER say a f***ing thing against him or acknowledge when they are talking out both sides of their ass like BWC did right here...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That's not how I understood his post, maybe he can clear it up.

JC has played Joker more than Manning on average since he got here, however, that seems to be changing quite quickly.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
That's not how I understood his post, maybe he can clear it up.

JC has played Joker more than Manning on average since he got here, however, that seems to be changing quite quickly.
of course it is not how you took it because anything pro Q is gravy for you...I just showed what he put and why it makes no f***ing sense - Joker STILL averages 5 minutes more than Manning - if this stretch continues and Manning gets more minutes per game then we can have an actual discussion here. and once again, nobody is happy with the defense deployment right now, are they trying to showcase a player or two for trade?? I don't know, but if this continues for next week then there is some real issues here that JC has to explain...but until then, BWC is talking out both sides of his ass and you are trying to gloss over it because you both love Q..

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
of course it is not how you took it because anything pro Q is gravy for you...I just showed what he put and why it makes no ****ing sense - Joker STILL averages 5 minutes more than Manning - if this stretch continues and Manning gets more minutes per game then we can have an actual discussion here. and once again, nobody is happy with the defense deployment right now, are they trying to showcase a player or two for trade?? I don't know, but if this continues for next week then there is some real issues here that JC has to explain...but until then, BWC is talking out both sides of his ass and you are trying to gloss over it because you both love Q..
Or is it because I didn't think Q was the main issue? I loved Q, I think everyone knows that. I still thought it was time for a change because it wasn't working. But my posts are more for the people who thought this was all Q's fault, and that just simply changing the coach would result in Manning never playing, the kids would get to play, the PP would improve, the PK would improve, etc, etc. And it turns out none of that is happening, and some of it is actually even worse than it was with Q. (like the PP)

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
People that are surprised that the Hawks have gotten worse under a new coach, really don't understand hockey very well. Hockey is all about habits. It's about developing good habits on the ice, so you don't have to think before you act. The entire game becomes faster when this is the case. When you're changing how guys have played the game for a decade, you have to break old habits, and teach new ones... This takes time, and repetition. Which is why most teams give the new coach training camp and preseason.... Everything we are seeing right now, is a result of guys THINKING on the ice, instead of reacting instinctually.... That's a result of both breaking the old habits, and teaching the new ones...

I, for one, didn't expect to see major changes or improvement in how this team plays until 2019, and I still feel that way. Hell, it might take longer.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
People that are surprised that the Hawks have gotten worse under a new coach, really don't understand hockey very well. Hockey is all about habits. It's about developing good habits on the ice, so you don't have to think before you act. The entire game becomes faster when this is the case. When you're changing how guys have played the game for a decade, you have to break old habits, and teach new ones... This takes time, and repetition. Which is why most teams give the new coach training camp and preseason.... Everything we are seeing right now, is a result of guys THINKING on the ice, instead of reacting instinctually.... That's a result of both breaking the old habits, and teaching the new ones...

I, for one, didn't expect to see major changes or improvement in how this team plays until 2019, and I still feel that way.
There have been many teams over the years that have improved considerably the same year after changing the head coach. PIT went on to win a Cup the same year they changed their coach. Maybe the problem is that Chicago didn't select a good coach, like PIT.

Reactions: coolhand and vshun

migi

Feb 25, 2015
There have been many teams over the years that have improved considerably the same year after changing the head coach. PIT went on to win a Cup the same year they changed their coach. Maybe the problem is that Chicago didn't select a good coach, like PIT.

Or maybe their roster was a lot better and new coach gave the spark and the players adapted a lot faster?

Do we have prime Crosby and Malkin?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Or maybe their roster was a lot better and new coach gave the spark and the players adapted a lot faster?

Do we have prime Crosby and Malkin?
Well, the roster was definitely a lot better, but whose fault is that? (Not Q's)

Players adapting a lot faster is a coaching issue. Maybe he isn't getting his message across clear enough, or the players don't care to listen.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Pittsburgh went 5-10 in their first 15 games under Sullivan.... They really didn't start playing well until around 25-30 games in....

Johnston only coached them for a year and change. Bylsma before him, six seasons. Pretty significant difference between that and Q being here a decade.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Pittsburgh went 5-10 in their first 15 games under Sullivan.... They really didn't start playing well until around 25-30 games in....
I am willing to give JC time to turn this thing around, but there have been absolutely zero positives since he started. Not a thing.
I'm still going to bitch about the PP getting worse (something that could be fixed faster than the system), him benching younger players, etc.

All I was saying was it shouldn't take a year or more for him to improve this team. I would like to see at least a little bit of improvement after 20 games.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am willing to give JC time to turn this thing around, but there have been absolutely zero positives since he started. Not a thing.
I'm still going to ***** about the PP getting worse (something that could be fixed faster than the system), him benching younger players, etc.

All I was saying was it shouldn't take a year or more for him to improve this team. I would like to see at least a little bit of improvement after 20 games.

It's really not about how many games. It's about how many practices. Games aren't where you break habits and teach new ones. It happens through repetitions in practice.

This is also assuming that the players buy in and are willing to change.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's really not about how many games. It's about how many practices. Games aren't where you break habits and teach new ones. It happens through repetitions in practice.
They are practicing quite a bit, 20 games is a boat load of practices. even if you want to push it to 25 games I am fine with that. I just want to see improvement in something in that time, it's really not that unreasonable.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
They are practicing quite a bit, 20 games is a boat load of practices. even if you want to push it to 25 games I am fine with that. I just want to see improvement in something in that time, it's really not that unreasonable.

Have they had that many practices?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Have they had that many practices?
I haven't been counting myself, but I'd assume they would have 30-40 practices in that time, and they are longer practices than they had with Q. Plus the 20+ games of actually playing, that's quite a bit of time on the ice to see a little bit of improvement.

If a team can't even slightly improve in 20-25 games and 30-40 practices with a new head coach, then there is a problem.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
I was surprised, with a mostly veteran team that the Hawks brought in JC and not a veteran coach to take over.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Colliton has been the coach like, a month. They've played 14 games in that time? With the holiday and travel, the Hawks have likely had only 9-10 practices....

Morning skate isn't practice.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I haven't been counting myself, but I'd assume they would have 30-40 practices in that time, and they are longer practices than they had with Q. Plus the 20+ games of actually playing, that's quite a bit of time on the ice to see a little bit of improvement.

If a team can't even slightly improve in 20-25 games and 30-40 practices with a new head coach, then there is a problem.

30-40 practices in a month? You're aware they don't practice 1+ times a day? Morning skate is simply a skate to loosen up. It's not practice. They will have likely had 8-10 actual practices since he was brought on...

I'd love to know how a team practices more than once a day for an entire month in the middle of their season.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The more and more I think about it, the more I get mad about the timing of the firing. If you make the decision to fire Q after 15 games, you had to at least be thinking about it in the off season prior. Whatever issues they had with Q after 15 games this year were there last year. I have no idea if JC is or will be a good coach at the NHL level, but they didn't do him any favors by dropping him in the middle of the season.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The more and more I think about it, the more I get mad about the timing of the firing. If you make the decision to fire Q after 15 games, you had to at least be thinking about it in the off season prior. Whatever issues they had with Q after 15 games this year were there last year. I have no idea if JC is or will be a good coach at the NHL level, but they didn't do him any favors by dropping him in the middle of the season.

It was a horrible decision to keep Q to start the season. You are basically throwing away half the season.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Nope. That's why anyone bitching about him taking a long time to get things adjusted are being ridiculous. Drop him in 15 games into the season, and expect a complete turn-around 15 games later. :laugh: It was stupid. They should have fired Q in the offseason so JC had an entire summer and training camp to figure things out.

I've seen things I've liked with him. And I've seen numerous things I don't like, and have been pissed about. We'll see what he turns into. He gets at least this season before I even think about passing judgement, though.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Or is it because I didn't think Q was the main issue? I loved Q, I think everyone knows that. I still thought it was time for a change because it wasn't working. But my posts are more for the people who thought this was all Q's fault, and that just simply changing the coach would result in Manning never playing, the kids would get to play, the PP would improve, the PK would improve, etc, etc. And it turns out none of that is happening, and some of it is actually even worse than it was with Q. (like the PP)

Wait, who claimed it was all Q’s fault? I remember most people saying he was part of the problem and his time has come.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
The most obvious play in sports:

On the powerplay, whichever Blackhawk has control of the puck HAS to drop it back to Kane no matter how pointless it may be at the time.

They just have to give it to Kane to try and carry in. I’m actually at the point of questioning whether or not Kane demands that they do this at any given chance.

I was watching Toronto’s powerplay and Marner runs that so smooth it’s ridiculous. Every PP opportunity they have results in grade A opportunities.

Every PP the Hawks get results in grade A chances for the other team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad