Speculation: Blackhawks GM search

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Perhaps it's the posts in last nights GDT in which the OP stated that Hagel is a 4th liner and another in which Dach should be sent to the AHL or ECHL.

The Monty post was part of a trifecta of dim wittedness.
No, RTR messaged me about it and it wasn't that.

Not going into detail about what it was, mods seemed to handle it, but it certainly wasn't hockey focused.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Not the main reason I like Monty but dude likely has the best chance at helping Ian Mitchell reach his potential. He had arguably his best college year as a freshman under him. If he feels like he’s ready to get back in the fold he’s gotta be one of if not the best candidate available.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I like Darche on paper, bring him on, thank God we are done with Stan, even though the team is absolute garbage and it stinks of his stinch my heart is relieved we are finally going another direction. I want to see Kane raise another cup with this team as the captain if Toews can’t continue, although would love to see Toews recover and give us 3-4 strong years.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I don't get what's to like about Darche. He was some business worker after his playing career then joined Tampa in 2019, after they built that team, so what's his claim to resume fame. What's he even do for the Lightning, seems more like a team president type guy.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
They should bring back a guy who helped cover up sexual assault of a player leading to years of pain and suffering, costing Rocky millions (presumably), and dramatically tarnishing the franchise?

Your justification for this is that since Jim Montgomery got treatment for his alcoholism, then he’s just as bad as Q?

My goodness, what a bizarre rationale.

You clearly don't know the real reason Monty was fired. It wasn't alcoholism. And, this article doesn't even tell the whole story.

Another Look at the Jim Montgomery Firing

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
You clearly don't know the real reason Monty was fired. It wasn't alcoholism. And, this article doesn't even tell the whole story.

Another Look at the Jim Montgomery Firing
That article said a whole lot of nothing. A no name site saying 'hey, it seems odd to fire him just because he has an alcohol addiction'. It doesn't have any new details and it's just one guys assumptions for paragraph after paragraph after paragraph.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I don't get what's to like about Darche. He was some business worker after his playing career then joined Tampa in 2019, after they built that team, so what's his claim to resume fame. What's he even do for the Lightning, seems more like a team president type guy.

tb gave him a pretty high up job for being some business worker

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
tb gave him a pretty high up job for being some business worker
He's in charge of their cap and business element.

But every team has guys like that, why do people flock to him because the teams great? He didn't scout talent or pick guys they added, did he tell Brisbois to trade for Goodrow or Coleman?

He joined the club when 80% of the talent that won the club was already there... so what did he do that makes him trusted as a mind to build a good roster?

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I like Darche on paper, bring him on, thank God we are done with Stan, even though the team is absolute garbage and it stinks of his stinch my heart is relieved we are finally going another direction. I want to see Kane raise another cup with this team as the captain if Toews can’t continue, although would love to see Toews recover and give us 3-4 strong years.
upload_2022-1-31_13-9-36.jpeg

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
You wanted to fire a GM that had just won a cup and don't understand why you got push back???
Ya isn’t that crazy that I was right on? Do you understand why I am calling out everyone for being wrong now, I was the only one who foreseen all this and now we are here.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Seems to me like they are asking as many people for input as possible so they have a pool of people to blame if/when it goes south. It doesn’t look positive to me personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad