Speculation: Blackhawks GM search

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Having a GM with potentially little knowlege of the game cant backfire could it?

This team easily has the potential to hit a bears level of ineptitude if they hire the wrong people to make big decisions

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
In another thought, they already have Jamir Faulkner and Danny taking pieces of what McD was doing.

Stan was GM and essentially top of the org before being named VP... what exactly would there be to be done that the GM wouldn't already be in charge of. If you hire a hockey ops Pres and GM... what's the Hockey Ops president doing?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
In another thought, they already have Jamir Faulkner and Danny taking pieces of what McD was doing.

Stan was GM and essentially top of the org before being named VP... what exactly would there be to be done that the GM wouldn't already be in charge of. If you hire a hockey ops Pres and GM... what's the Hockey Ops president doing?

I never understood the role of that position either.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
The news of an ‘actual GM search’ happening is actually quite exciting! New direction is needed, news goals, new team

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I don't even know who could be of interest as GM. I think it's not really possible to judge the work of an assistant GM for example.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Have to think if they are going the non-traditional route for a GM that Davidson will be staying on as the righthand man.

hopefully its not a pr move and its actually a move that makes hockey sense, like they want a different perspective on analytics side etc...

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
36D4988F-9BB3-4A17-A861-FA1D131E6A70.jpeg

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
What about Quennville if and when he is allowed back in the NHL? I know this is probably far fetched as I don't even know how he was suspended from the NHL.

Is this serious? They shuttled everyone that was involved in the Kyle Beach situation and you think they would bring Quenneville back??? When he was one of the most guilty parties?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Well they should bring him back. It’s not like Monty doesn’t have his flaws
They should bring back a guy who helped cover up sexual assault of a player leading to years of pain and suffering, costing Rocky millions (presumably), and dramatically tarnishing the franchise?

Your justification for this is that since Jim Montgomery got treatment for his alcoholism, then he’s just as bad as Q?

My goodness, what a bizarre rationale.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
f*** Q.

The Hawks won't hire him back after what happened, but if they somehow did, I would leave this fanbase.

I don't know how some here are stupid enough to try rationalizing him as our new GM. A Fiddy post, any Fiddy post, makes more sense than that.
Not terribly surprising considering the source, especially after the garbage he pulled the other night

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Seems I missed this, what happened?
Perhaps it's the posts in last nights GDT in which the OP stated that Hagel is a 4th liner and another in which Dach should be sent to the AHL or ECHL.

The Monty post was part of a trifecta of dim wittedness.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5