Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
This team needs to be a seller at the deadline

Gus should have been moved after last season

Clean the house

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
It is just not the same.....hating on the nucks like 2009-2013ish. All those douche players are long gone. I don’t mind them now actually.

Reactions: KWP

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think imperative to the tank is trading both goalies. Try to bring back Lehner or Crawford in July, and if that doesn't work, go grab a tandem like Mrazek/Francouz.

They would be lucky to trade one, let alone both. And good luck getting either of them to sign a new contract here if they move them both in deadline deals. Crawford also has a full NMC he would have to waive, so he's essentially out of the question as far as moving him goes.

I don't think it's necessary to trade either one to land in the bottom 5-8 of the league again. They're already bottom 7 with both of them...

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If I'm the Hawks I'd reach out to the Gallant and Lavi camps to say a very formidable offer is coming if they wait until summer to take their next job. Let JC finish and bring in ideally Gallant and maybe consider giving Norm Maciver a chance to be GM and do everything possible to keep Mark Kelley.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
The season is done.

Let JC ride it out as a lame duck

Sell at deadline.

Stan should be gone. 3 straight seasons of no playoffs with the money invested in ‘the core’ would and should get any GM fired.

New GM comes in and hires his guy. His guy should be Gallant

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Said in another thread...Call up Gallant and Lavi camp and tell them a big offer will come in the summer then consider handing offf the GM position to Norm MacIver.
That would be great but I think Rocky is stuck in the buffet line at Golden Corral and McDumbass is sleeping in his office collecting 7 figure paychecks. They will sit on their hands until its too late then when they finally make changes it will be some in house cheap nonsense.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
That would be great but I think Rocky is stuck in the buffet line at Golden Corral and McDumbass is sleeping in his office collecting 7 figure paychecks. They will sit on their hands until its too late then when they finally make changes it will be some in house cheap nonsense.
I could see them being too late to make a choice, but when they do make one I don’t see why they would be cheap with it.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
They would be lucky to trade one, let alone both. And good luck getting either of them to sign a new contract here if they move them both in deadline deals. Crawford also has a full NMC he would have to waive, so he's essentially out of the question as far as moving him goes.

I don't think it's necessary to trade either one to land in the bottom 5-8 of the league again. They're already bottom 7 with both of them...

The one reason I can think of for them being happy to be traded is they’ll get a chance to perform in the playoffs and increase their value on the UFA market. Especially Crawford as Lehner has already set himself up for a big payday.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The one reason I can think of for them being happy to be traded is they’ll get a chance to perform in the playoffs and increase their value on the UFA market. Especially Crawford as Lehner has already set himself up for a big payday.

How many teams, who are safely in the playoff picture, need a goalie right now?

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The season is done.

Let JC ride it out as a lame duck

Sell at deadline.

Stan should be gone. 3 straight seasons of no playoffs with the money invested in ‘the core’ would and should get any GM fired.

New GM comes in and hires his guy. His guy should be Gallant

It’s still quite amazing to me that the Pens core, surrounded by a bunch of guys and plagued by some major injuries, can remain contenders.

Meanwhile, the Hawks core is now going to miss the playoffs again while arguably surrounded by a better supporting cast, especially in goal, and being healthier overall.

It’s frustrating on its own, but even more frustrating for me when I compare this team to the Pens. I just don’t see the excuse for this.

Reactions: Hakoon and Cowch

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
How many teams, who are safely in the playoff picture, need a goalie right now?

Sorry, I think I misunderstood what you were arguing with the NMC thing and implying the goalies would be upset about being moved and not wanting to come back in the offseason.

Was just saying the goalies potentially stand to gain even more if they’re traded, and may actually appreciate it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It’s still quite amazing to me that the Pens core, surrounded by a bunch of guys and plagued by some major injuries, can remain contenders.

Meanwhile, the Hawks core is now going to miss the playoffs again while arguably surrounded by a better supporting cast, especially in goal, and being healthier overall.

It’s frustrating on its own, but even more frustrating for me when I compare this team to the Pens. I just don’t see the excuse for this.

The Pens core actually gives a shit about hockey still? :laugh:

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Sorry, I think I misunderstood what you were arguing with the NMC thing and implying the goalies would be upset about being moved and not wanting to come back in the offseason.

Was just saying the goalies potentially stand to gain even more if they’re traded, and may actually appreciate it.

I'm basically saying that moving two goalies is essentially impossible, especially when one has a full NMC. I was also saying that if you were to move both of them in deadline deals, the odds of either one wanting to return are probably much lower.

The argument that they could potentially be happy to move to a playoff team isn't a good one, because how many safe playoff teams actually need a goalie? The teams that likely need a goalie are the bubble teams, and there's no guarantee that they would be on a playoff team if they were traded to one of these teams.

So yeah... it's a pipe dream to think that both goalies can be moved "for the betterment of the tank" as KBS was saying. Hell, it's a pipe dream that even one of them will be moved, IMO.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'm basically saying that moving two goalies is essentially impossible, especially when one has a full NMC. I was also saying that if you were to move both of them in deadline deals, the odds of either one wanting to return are probably much lower.

The argument that they could potentially be happy to move to a playoff team isn't a good one, because how many safe playoff teams actually need a goalie? The teams that likely need a goalie are the bubble teams, and there's no guarantee that they would be on a playoff team if they were traded to one of these teams.

So yeah... it's a pipe dream to think that both goalies can be moved "for the betterment of the tank" as KBS was saying. Hell, it's a pipe dream that even one of them will be moved, IMO.

I get what you mean. I think I was talking about a very narrow hypothetical portion of the overall discussion. I probably just muddied the overall discussion.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I get what you mean. I think I was talking about a very narrow hypothetical portion of the overall discussion. I probably just muddied the overall discussion.

All good. Didn't really muddy the discussion. I just think the idea that they may be "happy" to be traded to a playoff team isn't realistic. A safe playoff team would have to have a catastrophic goalie injury between now and the deadline. The bubble teams may or may not make the playoffs, and those are the teams who would potentially need a goalie, and I can't see either Lehner or Crow being happy traded to a bubble team who may or may not make the playoffs. Particularly Crow, who would have to waive his NMC to do so.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Anyone have a video of that Dach it?

Also, we are down to 7th worst in the league now. Need the Ducks and Sharks to get hot while we continue to suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad