- Strome invisible
- Kane zero goals in last 7 games.
- The scoreboard didn't fall from the rafters and crush Roussel

No, but Dach did.

Reactions: KWP and Mrfenn92

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hard to hate current Canucks squad, but nice that Dach wacked Rousell. 20 lbs from now, Rousell woulda stayed down.

:laugh:

Twenty pounds from now and Roussel would have gone through the glass. I don't hate the current Canucks squad, either, but I absolutely despise Roussel.

Dach is gonna be scary to play against in a year or two.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I think everyone blames the refs too much. At a certain point they have to say **** the refs and win anyway.
Like they did against Detroit in 2013. Good teams win in spite of the tedious interference of the refs. That being said, I wouldn't be against Lysiak'ing a few of the refs for failure to do their jobs correctly.

Way too many nerves in the kids. Screwing up every other pass, very impatient.
I get what you mean, but to be fair I think Saad had the worst pass of the night...and I don't consider him a kid anymore.

And as a general comment....what the smeg was Maatta doing on the 1st goal against? He NOPE'ed out of position like Pierre McGuire was chasing him with a corndog!

Reactions: KWP

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Safe to say this roadtrip sealed the season?
Sellers at the deadline.

As expected .... actually even sooner than I expected. I thought the end would have come a week or two later but the hockey gods have put the screws to us.
And what's more frustrating is the March schedule is much easier; they'll probably be over .500 for the month.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Like they did against Detroit in 2013. Good teams win in spite of the tedious interference of the refs. That being said, I wouldn't be against Lysiak'ing a few of the refs for failure to do their jobs correctly.

I get what you mean, but to be fair I think Saad had the worst pass of the night...and I don't consider him a kid anymore.

And as a general comment....what the smeg was Maatta doing on the 1st goal against? He NOPE'ed out of position like Pierre McGuire was chasing him with a corndog!

I haven't read much of this thread (just watched the last 2 periods on PVR) but I must reiterate what I said at the time: WTF was JC thinking in challenging that goal. Not that the call on the ice was necessarily right but the ref who waved it off was in prime position and was VERY emphatic about his decision. There wasn't a chance in hell that he was going to change his mind. JC is losing me. Time to give Gallant a contract before it's too late and someone else grabs him.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
He made a huge hit a while back in one of the games where it was getting chippy. Destroyed the guy it was awesome.

Another example unfortunately that he can do it, just doesn't :(

the kid is quite f***ing huge, it’s so frustrating he usually plays like he’s smaller than DeBrincat though. He needs two speedy wings who will grind.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I haven't read much of this thread (just watched the last 2 periods on PVR) but I must reiterate what I said at the time: WTF was JC thinking in challenging that goal. Not that the call on the ice was necessarily right but the ref who waved it off was in prime position and was VERY emphatic about his decision. There wasn't a chance in hell that he was going to change his mind. JC is losing me. Time to give Gallant a contract before it's too late and someone else grabs him.
I thought the same thing. A ref isn't going to change his mind if he clearly saw something live. If he didn't see interference, that's when you challenge. You don't challenge a ref that clearly saw everything and had zero hesitation waiving it off.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
the kid is quite ****ing huge, it’s so frustrating he usually plays like he’s smaller than DeBrincat though. He needs two speedy wings who will grind.

I think that's mainly a product of teenager Dach getting his feet wet in the NHL. In time I think he'll use his big body better and better (offensively as well as defensively). TSN listed him at 205 lbs - he is filling out as we speak. I expect he'll be a good 220 lbs before long.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I thought the same thing. A ref isn't going to change his mind if he clearly saw something live. If he didn't see interference, that's when you challenge. You don't challenge a ref that clearly saw everything and had zero hesitation waiving it off.

It was a big mistake by a rookie coach ... and the turning point in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad