GDT: Blackhawks @ Canucks - 9:30CT, NBCSNCH - Just Win For Realsies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It is times like these that I wish I had a fall-back NHL team to cheer for. The thought of going into the 3rd PO in a row with Hawks again on the sidelines is rather depressing. I tried watching Leafs games .....

Sadly, I think I'm beginning to realize that NHL hockey in the regular season, in general, is rather boring. We need more rivalries like the one we see between Calgary and Edmonton. The once intense rivalries Hawks had with Blues, Wings and Canucks are no longer.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It is times like these that I wish I had a fall-back NHL team to cheer for. The thought of going into the 3rd PO in a row with Hawks again on the sidelines is rather depressing. I tried watching Leafs games .....

Agreed. If Arizona, Vancouver and Florida make the playoffs, it will be the 3rd longest playoff drought in the league behind Buffalo and Detroit.

If not for fantasy hockey, I would have watched less the past few seasons. Obviously the playoffs will always be must see TV.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Agreed. If Arizona, Vancouver and Florida make the playoffs, it will be the 3rd longest playoff drought in the league behind Buffalo and Detroit.

If not for fantasy hockey, I would have watched less the past few seasons. Obviously the playoffs will always be must see TV.

The Hawks will have the 3rd longest drought? Interesting but context is a thing. 3 seasons...after a decade of dominance.

Reactions: Sarava

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ Yeah, it's okay that Hawks have sucked for 3+ seasons and counting because we were good and successful before. :sarcasm:

That's a far cry from your takes not long ago that you were concerned that Hawks window may be closing with T/K getting older. Well, that window is almost shut now but that's suddenly ok. I see. :sarcasm:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The Hawks will have the 3rd longest drought? Interesting but context is a thing. 3 seasons...after a decade of dominance.

I don’t want to live in the past. The Cups are too far in the past to impact my opinion now. Their trajectory doesn’t look as good as it should to me considering they’ve been out of the playoffs for so long. That’s just how I feel.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don’t want to live in the past. The Cups are too far in the past to impact my opinion now. Their trajectory doesn’t look as good as it should to me considering they’ve been out of the playoffs for so long. That’s just how I feel.

For so long? Let’s not embellish, we are talking 3 years. Look at some of the other teams and use context. Example: Florida and Toronto have not won a playoff series in 22 and 14 years.

3 missed post seasons to get a rebuild going is fine as long as they are going in the right direction (Dach, Boqvist, Mitchell, etc). Keep drafting well and this team will be back to competing.

Do you not remember the dark ages?

To be clear, this is 100% your right to think this way and it is just a matter or different t patience levels for these things.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
/\ Yeah, it's okay that Hawks have sucked for 3+ seasons and counting because we were good and successful before. :sarcasm:

That's a far cry from your takes not long ago that you were concerned that Hawks window may be closing with T/K getting older. Well, that window is almost shut now but that's suddenly ok. I see. :sarcasm:

Really? This is your take?

I am fine with missing the playoffs for a rebuild. Do I like my team missing the playoffs? Obviously not but I find the rebuild process interesting as well. Rome was not built in a day and hockey teams are not rebuilt in 1 season.

Please find one of these hot takes because I am pretty sure you are full of shit.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Spoiled.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
The only physicality I have seen out of Strome is when a couple games ago he knocked a player on top of Crawford which lead to a goal a few seconds later. This guy is not an NHLer and by that I mean he doesn’t belong in the 3rd 4th lines and he’s not a top 6 unless he plays with Kane and Kane just feeds him empty points that he didn’t work for. He’s sooooo slow, he’s slow to the point that he’s not NHL quality, there is a cut off point for speed, when you can’t keep up with most plays at the NHL level then you are not an NHLer no matter how skilled you are at other aspects of the game and he’s not even elite at passing or shooting as some want to make him out you be, he’s just a fluff player.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
My only guess is that Strome's injury is still nagging.

His ice time went from 18-19mins in early December
to about 12-13 mins since he came back from injury.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The only physicality I have seen out of Strome is when a couple games ago he knocked a player on top of Crawford which lead to a goal a few seconds later. This guy is not an NHLer and by that I mean he doesn’t belong in the 3rd 4th lines and he’s not a top 6 unless he plays with Kane and Kane just feeds him empty points that he didn’t work for. He’s sooooo slow, he’s slow to the point that he’s not NHL quality, there is a cut off point for speed, when you can’t keep up with most plays at the NHL level then you are not an NHLer no matter how skilled you are at other aspects of the game and he’s not even elite at passing or shooting as some want to make him out you be, he’s just a fluff player.
When is your obsession with posting about Strome going to end?

Reactions: clydesdale line

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
My only guess is that Strome's injury is still nagging.

His ice time went from 18-19mins in early December
to about 12-13 mins since he came back from injury.

I've wondered if Cat is playing through an injury too...he just hasn't looked right all year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad