Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks 6, Bryan Rust 3, Penguins 0 - At Least It Wasn't 10-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Kessel and Malkin’s lines have been losing us games.

The bottom six regardless of combination has a goal in every game but one since 11/27. Technically Grant set up the Pearson goal in the CBJ game.

Stars can’t disappear especially when they are making 17 mil together. Malkin and Kessel need to figure their **** out.
The season started back on October 4th. Where was this vaunted bottom 6 you speak of until two and a half weeks ago? Oh right, the Sprong trade flipped everything around right? We're so much better now. Especially considering how many games that kid sat out.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The season started back on October 4th. Where was this vaunted bottom 6 you speak of until two and a half weeks ago? Oh right, the Sprong trade flipped everything around right? We're so much better now. Especially considering how many games that kid sat out.

Well. They scored pretty regularly throughout the beginning of the season.. I think they had something like goals in 7 of the first 10 games..

Big issue is Simon and Hornqvist going down and our top six not being able to deal with it outside of Sid.

I don’t really think production is what I need from the top six though. Just them playing a sound, simple and smart game.

Also, Sullivan’s stubbornness of Pearson up there. That being said if he moves Pearson it is either ZAR or Grant with Malkin.

I’d probably go something like
Jake - Crosby - Kessel
Brassard - Malkin - Rust
Pearson - Sheahan - ZAR
Grant - Cullen - Dea

Reactions: canadianguy77

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Then you trade him or change the coach, because hoping things become better on their own isn't working.

As I keep saying. This isn't a week or two. And, it's not just a funk or something. This is 6 weeks of EVERYTHING . . . a funk, the play, the effort, the engagement . . . everything. I've never seen this, and I don't know how much longer this is tenable.

Maybe his son is teething and it's keeping him up all night.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I know it is a joke, but I honestly wonder if he is having a personal issue.

He just looks off and not in a dialed out the coach way or a Bi-polar Phil way.

Perhaps. Hopefully it's nothing non-hockey related that's serious.

Either way, he's looked terrible lately. Like, hurting-the-team terrible. It's this kind of stretch of games that (unfairly) leads people to use the whole "lazy" reputation when describing him.

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
Fire both assistants. Play 10 games with their replacements. See how it goes. If we still suck, then look at moving Sullivan.

In the meantime, make moves to add mobility to the blue line. Ditch Maatta for a left winger (add a pick if necessary). Play Riikola. Test the waters with Oleksiak.

Call up any 2 of Blueger, Lafferty or Haggerty. Stop playing Cullen. He's cooked. Never ice Garrett Wilson again.

If Malkin's not hurt, bench him for a game. Send a message that this isn't acceptable.

These are things that can be done to improve the situation, but they won't do them.

You don’t bench Malkin. For the same reason you don’t bench Crosby. That happens and you might as well pack your bags as the head coach. Also benching them isn’t any kind of solution.

Reactions: ncm7772

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Malkin went from looking like the best player in the NHL to lazy garbage. Either he is hurt, declined rapidly due to age (like his genes shut off in one night) or is the only guy protesting Sullivan randomly.

Given that he is the most injury prone super star on earth and given that the team is desperate for points, it’s not hard to figure out what is happening.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Malkin went from looking like the best player in the NHL to lazy garbage. Either he is hurt, declined rapidly due to age (like his genes shut off in one night) or is the only guy protesting Sullivan randomly.

Given that he is the most injury prone super star on earth and given that the team is desperate for points, it’s not hard to figure out what is happening.

I don't see a lack of effort but I do see a huge lack of confidence both in himself and his linemates.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I don't see a lack of effort but I do see a huge lack of confidence both in himself and his linemates.

Geno usually is the pulse of the team if the team is legitimately struggling, be it anger or trying to do too much with the puck. He just looks pedestrian.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I was trying out this whole "be positive" thing.

**** that.

Never again!

:laugh:
D5qcJby.gif

Don't ever let it happen again.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Honestly my biggest problem with this team is that they’re kind of boring, which was brought up last game. It’s not even their style/system either. I’ve said it a bunch but man, I just want more exciting players. Give me a Sheary over a Sheahan any day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Honestly my biggest problem with this team is that they’re kind of boring, which was brought up last game. It’s not even their style either. I’ve said it a bunch but man, I just want more exciting players. Give me a Sheary over a Sheahan any day.
Our bottom six is literally just a bunch of meat and potatoes type guys, and dont think Bryan Rust isn't eatin on that pot roast.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Our bottom six is literally just a bunch of meat and potatoes type guys, and dont think Bryan Rust isn't eatin on that pot roast.

I feel bad about saying anything bad about guys like Sheary. In between being weird and falling and sucking defensively there was a chance he’d do something.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
I feel bad about saying anything bad about guys like Sheary. In between being weird and falling and sucking defensively there was a chance he’d do something.
Truth but when he wasn't scoring he didn't do anything at all. Gotta have the little stuff in this league to be successful. That's why we're blessed to have a guy like Sid or Hornqvist who can really provide both of those things.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Truth but when he wasn't scoring he didn't do anything at all. Gotta have the little stuff in this league to be successful. That's why we're blessed to have a guy like Sid or Hornqvist who can really provide both of those things.

Yea but if we’re collecting one dimensional players I’d rather them be offensively inclined than the other way around. This teams 5 on 5 goal scoring has really dipped since 2017.

Edit: might be wrong on that but I think that’s true last time I checked.

Last edited:

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Yea but if we’re collecting one dimensional players I’d rather them be offensively inclined than the other way around. This teams 5 on 5 goal scoring has really dipped since 2017.
I guess this is the consequence of trading away first round draft picks and blowing the ones we kept or got. Hindsight is a bad thing in sports but man.. imagine Filip Forsberg in a pens uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad