Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks 6, Bryan Rust 3, Penguins 0 - At Least It Wasn't 10-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Dumo-Tang haven't been so hot either lately.
Hopefully they just look at it as 3pts out of 6 available on the road trip and get Simon/Horny back this weekend.
If they don't get Riiko back in after a game like that, i give up.
Oh and we get Murr back. Plz don't suck.

Reactions: BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Dumo-Tang haven't been so hot either lately.
Hopefully they just look at it as 3pts out of 6 available on the road trip and get Simon/Horny back this weekend.
If they don't get Riiko back in after a game like that, i give up.
Oh and we get Murr back. Plz don't suck.
Yeah I would switch things up there.

Dumoulin has been very up and down all season, but today he was just a pure embarrassment.

Reactions: vodeni and BHD

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's really sad that a game where you get a hat trick from a bottom-6 player ends up a loss for you because your stars can't produce.

What's funny is that Rust's pace on the year jumped up to 11 goals and 27 points per 82 games because of that hat trick. That's not really good production, but that's not far off from what should be expected out of him (15 goals and 35 points IMO). It's just funny 1 game can make a crap season look significantly better.

Reactions: BHD

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
It's really sad that a game where you get a hat trick from a bottom-6 player ends up a loss for you because your stars can't produce.

What's funny is that Rust's pace on the year jumped up to 11 goals and 27 points per 82 games because of that hat trick. That's not really good production, but that's not far off from what should be expected out of him (15 goals and 35 points IMO). It's just funny 1 game can make a crap season look significantly better.

Pens lazy idiot "superstars" were a no-show again, as in greater half of games the last 18 months.

And please everybody don't come at me with this "Malkin has so many points, Kessel has so many points" BS. If you hang on these scoring totals - you don't understand how it works. They've had a few easier games, in which they scored bunches of points and so accumulated their nice totals. But in most of harder games they were absolutely invisible, and Pens consequently lost those games. So you can throw your point totals out the window, Pens struggles are primarily on their inconsistent moody "stars".

This game is a prime example of why it is wrong and stupid to hang losses on a "lack of scoring depth and secondary scoring". In this game the "secondary scoring" scored 3 efffing goals. And what? A goose egg anyway.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Sid 0 points in 3 games. He was on fire and now ice cold. Geno sucks so it’s not helping take any pressure off.

The team is a mess and I’m not looking forward to going to the game Saturday. First time I’ve felt this way.

And GMJR is sitting straight with his thumb up his rectum and doing nothing.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
This whole team just loves to weakly and blindly just toss the puck into dangerous areas and opposing players. They are playing completely the opposite way they were when they were successful under M.S.
YUCK

There are only two things that could help:

1) change the HC

or

2) blow up big part of the roster.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
So? Can't win every year.

And I doubt that. Those games will be up and down and close. 6 or 7. With Malkin and Crosby we could win it. Everyone thought Tampa would smoke the Caps, they didn't. Nothing right now determines Apr-June.

Last year, Pens play during the RS did determine their performance in playoffs. No magic switch was flipped, no miraculous transformation happened, no another gear was switched, Murray didn't magically turn on his playoff self from Cup runs. None.

Reactions: Andy99 and Son Goku

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
It's been that way for longer. I have my doubts about his being hurt, only because I know after the 2015 ankle debacle where they kept letting him come back too early that they've been very proactive about Geno and injuries. Intentional? I wouldn't say it's intentional per se. And, even hurt, the guy busts his ass and does as much as he physically can usually.

I thought to myself 2 weeks ago-- and wrote here-- that he looks like a guy who's play and body language is screaming 'why would I bother killing myself for this ****'. Then, he had a good game or so, and I thought MAYBE it could be the start of a turnaround. BUT, clearly he's back fully into that funk.

Frankly, he may be dinged up, in a rut, whatever, but what I see more than anything else is a player who for whatever reason really doesn't give a **** right now.

Maybe someting like, I don't know, his 10 mln a year salary? No?

This is typical russian mentality. For them getting their salary, even a very good one at that, isn't enough to motivate them to do their job and be good professionals. They always need some extra incentive, some big goal or some kind of pressure to make them put forth their real best effort.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Brass kills pretty much any line he's been on this year. He does nothing that Sid and Jake need, and has single-handedly shut down a line that had been killing it for quite some time. If you put a 14 sweater on him, I'd swear he was Kunitz from his last year here, with the avoiding contact, constant turnovers, and trying to play like he has far more skill than he has.

Who woulda thunk it, but we need Simon back, he's way better than Brass right now.

Reactions: vodeni

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
People are trying to scapegoat certain players or people for the problems on this team, when the problems have varied all season. Pretty much everything has been a problem at some point this year. At the start of the year, it was a bad defense, bad goaltending and depth that couldn't score. Now, all of those things are doing well to very well, but now your top-6 and powerplay are struggling.

I will say it's encouraging to see that the supporting pieces have all been playing better recently, so when the top-6 gets out of their funk, this team should be roaring to go. You don't have to worry about the top-6 or powerplay because it has Malkin, Crosby and Kessel, it's going to be able to produce going down the line. You need to get good bottom-6 production, good defense, good PKing and good goaltending beyond that top-6 production to have a good team, and all of those things have been really good recently. If this continues, the team is going to be formidable as soon as the top-6 gets out of its funk. You still have work to do to make sure that the things that have been good recently stay good, but the team is on the upswing right now. You'd think that they'd be where the Hawks are based on the reactions on here.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
It's hard to watch Geno get knocked off the Puck all the time or him loosing his balance. He looks very slow as well. There really isn't any back checking on his part.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but the next game will be on Mike Sullivan's 3 year anniversary of becoming head coach. I was at that game and we got stomped by the Caps but the following 18 months were amazing.

Reactions: EightyOne

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
People are trying to scapegoat certain players or people for the problems on this team, when the problems have varied all season. Pretty much everything has been a problem at some point this year. ...

If everything is a problem to some degree. When do you look at the coaching staff? JR getting JJ was a bad move so JR is not blameless here. But none of us thought with the roster he had assembled over the summer that we would look like this. I think early on goal tending was a primary cause and that is something that no coach or gm can overcome. But our stars are playing like they want the coach gone.

That 4th goal against where Sid was just puck watching and Geno just circled away told the whole story. Next up, Matt Murray, if his head isn't back on straight we'll make the Kings look like juggernauts too.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but the next game will be on Mike Sullivan's 3 year anniversary of becoming head coach. I was at that game and we got stomped by the Caps but the following 18 months were amazing.

Do your part:

Section: 226
Buy$38.00

Flight: 5:16am - 9:00am
American Airlines
IND - 40m in CLT Layover 40m in CLTArrival airport:- PIT
Fair Flight (5.5/10)
3h 44m (1 stop)
1 left at $613
roundtrip

Reactions: Ignatius

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I missed the game. What happened on the GWG? I see that a penalty just expired and Geno (box), Jake, MP, JJ jumped on with Sid.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If everything is a problem to some degree. When do you look at the coaching staff? JR getting JJ was a bad move so JR is not blameless here. But none of us thought with the roster he had assembled over the summer that we would look like this. I think early on goal tending was a primary cause and that is something that no coach or gm can overcome. But our stars are playing like they want the coach gone.

That 4th goal against where Sid was just puck watching and Geno just circled away told the whole story. Next up, Matt Murray, if his head isn't back on straight we'll make the Kings look like juggernauts too.

Because firing a coach a year and a half after winning back to back cups is incredibly stupid, and no coach would want to coach your team with such bad job security. The entire purpose of firing him is having a bad 10 game stretch in November, that's why you'd be firing him. Outside of those 10 games, the team has been really good this year.

The stars aren't playing like they want the coach gone, only Malkin is playing bad right now. You don't fire your coach because one of your 4 elite core pieces is struggling for a month.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Just gonna keep throwing it out there. Attitude, identity ain't there. Team isn't gonna come together without it. X's and O's wise, tbh I didn't even watch this game, but we're not gonna get rush chances against until we start pressuring high in the zone and we never do that when Sully is scared of our defense being weak so I bet that didn't happen this game either!

Quote me when we fail in the playoffs yet again. We're not making the cup final til Sully is gone.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad