Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks 5, Pens 3 | Welp ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Anaheim just lost 8 in a row. I'd suspect a trade coming soon.

Thought they had been doing pretty good before Sprong got there and they lost Pettersson, ha ha. I could see them beating us though. We seem to do bad against the worst teams.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Alrighty then? Let’s not jump over a cliff. Pens will be fine and we win this game easily with Murray in net. After losing to the Hawks 9 in a row you think you would put your starter in? Just didn’t have a good feeling even before the game started when I saw it was DeSmith starting. Now 10 in a row! Pens should be embarrassed. Don’t agree with about the team though. We have a great team but an off night But had the better chances just poor goaltending from DeSmith. DeSmith is a good backup and has had a great first half but the way Murray is playing he should be starting 4 out of 5 games.
DeSmith wasn't one of the players who forgot how to pass or to clear, and wasn't much of a factor in the terrible 5v3, nor was he one of the the guys constantly getting lit up on the boards. I don't know that Murray would have been a difference, had the game been closer, the Hawks may have stepped it up. It was obvious the Pens weren't going to tonight.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
DeSmith wasn't one of the players who forgot how to pass or to clear, and wasn't much of a factor in the terrible 5v3, nor was he one of the the guys constantly getting lit up on the boards. I don't know that Murray would have been a difference, had the game been closer, the Hawks may have stepped it up. It was obvious the Pens weren't going to tonight.

Totally disagree with that assessment. 5v5 Pens had the better team tonight. PK let us down but we had the better opportunities. I believe Murray wins this game 3-2.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
And yea, why even start CDS tonight?
Either you were afraid to dent Murr's confidence or trying to keep CDS fresh.
Whatever the reason, it was a bad strategy.

I would guess Sullivan wants this to be a competition. He thinks Murray needs his buttons pushed. Kinda weird after a shut out.

How many goals could have been stopped? I’d say like one. This game wasn’t on cds

Reactions: EightyOne

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Totally disagree with that assessment. 5v5 Pens had the better team tonight. PK let us down but we had the better opportunities. I believe Murray wins this game 3-2.
yep. It was in general a bit sloppy, but the team played well enough to win 5v5. The PK was bad though, and Desmith wasn't very good.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I'll just let it slide. You can just feel the hawks are in our head. They know it. We know it. You can feel it.

Thank god for 1992. **** that team. Lol

That was fun when they had won 11 games straight during the playoffs and we sweep them in the finals to also win 11 playoff games in a row. Brings back good memories and one of the most dominating playoffs ever sweeping the conference finals and Stanley Cup Finals probably hasn’t happened too often with 11 games in a row.

You bringing that back up has helped me feel a little better tonight after losing to these f’ers 10 times in a row.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Pearson’s best game as a pen. I like him.

The penalty was a battle I’m fine with that.

I like Pearson also. Good speed, passing, shot, and strength. That play he made vs Doughty was very impressive. Tonight he looked good in several ways again. I think he has been better than his point totals. It was a good trade giving up a rental for a 26 year old with 2 more years signed after this year. He has had 3 good years in a row before this season with 15 or more goals and 40 point average. Great asset management in that deal.

Both trades have been nice pickups by JR. JR knows how to trade. I can’t think of too many bad ones since he has been our GM. In fact almost all have been heavily in our favor.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I was actually shocked because I didn't catch the game until 10 min in the 1st. I didn't really understand what Sullivan was thinking unless he was ok with losing to chicago.

Sullivan ok losing to Chicago because he played a goalie with a SV% of .944 in his last 4 games (and .926% for the season)?

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I agree the PK was abysmal but don't share your conviction DeSmith was the reason we lost. PK played bad, PP was weak, how many SOG did we have in that 1:15/whatever 5v3, just a bad team performance with plenty of underperforming candidates. Can't win 'em all...

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Personally, I say bs to they have our number, it's like they have to prop that team up against the Pens. It's always something. Whether due to them being one of the 6 or whatever. They had their time, let them take their lumps. The Pens took theirs for years from 2009 to 2016, and from this team. They don't need propped. They are awful.

They are a -31 for a reason.

Reactions: Ryder71

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Personally, I say bs to they have our number, it's like they have to prop that team up against the Pens. It's always something. Whether due to them being one of the 6 or whatever. They had their time, let them take their lumps. The Pens took theirs for years from 2009 to 2016, and from this team. They don't need propped. They are awful.

They are a -31 for a reason.

All say BS about them having our number when we actually beat them. But 10 in a row and many of them poor performances by the Pens. We can’t even beat them when they suck and we are hot as can be. We all felt this coming tonight that’s why I wanted Murray in net. Needed to treat this one like a playoff game.

It’s starting to get ridiculous!

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I like Pearson also. Good speed, passing, shot, and strength. That play he made vs Doughty was very impressive. Tonight he looked good in several ways again. I think he has been better than his point totals. It was a good trade giving up a rental for a 26 year old with 2 more years signed after this year. He has had 3 good years in a row before this season with 15 or more goals and 40 point average. Great asset management in that deal.

Both trades have been nice pickups by JR. JR knows how to trade. I can’t think of too many bad ones since he has been our GM. In fact almost all have been heavily in our favor.

He dumps guys before their stock totally caves. Has a real knack for that.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Couldn’t catch the game, not surprised. Chicago can go f*** themselves, and enjoy these small victories as they languish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->