Post-Game Talk (GBU): Blackhawk Downed

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
As a Bengals fan I was given honorary Bills Mafia membership after the 2017 season. If you ever think the Bills have have it bad realize that under Mike Brown's reign of error my Bengals have not won a playoff game in nearly THIRTY years (December 1990 vs the Oilers at Riverfront. Both that team and stadium ceased to exist decades ago).

They gave Marvin Lewis the hook too soon. He was performing the Housley/Botterill 20 year team development plan to perfection but had it tragically cut short at only 16 years.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

voGMGTr.jpg

Reactions: Zeb

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Olofsson isn’t here yet , look at Laksonen, look at UPL.

Olofsson is an example of not rushing a player , Guhle was playing very well until he was traded . If Murray was here Olofsson would have been in the NHL after his first 10 AHL games . Asplund is playing so much better as of late .

My point is Botterill will give the players time to develop and not bring them up as a panic move . He will let the prospects dictate there development and call them up when they are ready. Botterill is the new Kevin Cheveldayoff so it will take time until his plan comes to fruition because he is a draft and develop GM and since he has only had two drafts yes a lot of his players are years away but with the ones we currently have in the pros he is taking his time

Then why is Tage in the NHL?

We are out of the playoffs, I would give Olofsson, Asplund and even Nylander 5 games each up here, to get the experience.

Send Tage down to let him gain some confidence against lesser opponents.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Olofsson is an example of not rushing a player , Guhle was playing very well until he was traded . If Murray was here Olofsson would have been in the NHL after his first 10 AHL games . Asplund is playing so much better as of late .

My point is Botterill will give the players time to develop and not bring them up as a panic move . He will let the prospects dictate there development and call them up when they are ready. Botterill is the new Kevin Cheveldayoff so it will take time until his plan comes to fruition because he is a draft and develop GM and since he has only had two drafts yes a lot of his players are years away but with the ones we currently have in the pros he is taking his time

Wait, so the guy that actively drafted guys with longer paths of development, with a focus on guys in other professional leagues that would be allowed to develop in said league, that he drafted in 2014, would've rushed Olofsson? I'm assuming you're going to prove your point by how Murray handled Nylander, a guy with elite talent, but seriously needed to get into a professional setting to refine those skills and work within a team system. Each guy is different, they all have different paths.

Seeing as Murray was trying build a main roster, so that his prospects could develop in a good timeline depending on their readiness, I doubt he's rushing any of the guys he developed. Asplund would be in Rochester while a guy like ROR or Larsson occupy the 2C and 3C, Olofsson would be in the AHL, if Mittelstadt was Murray's choice, I would believe he would be in College or in Rochester, because Nylander and Mittelstadt had the same flaws and at the time of the draft, probably needed the same development path, but because Mittelstadt wouldn't NEED to be on the main roster he would be kept in a league more suited for his current development curve.

Meanwhile, Botts sells off a piece that occupied a 2C role, and replaces it with lesser pieces, which impacts success short term, and forces the team to develop Mittelstadt as the secondary scoring center since that role is no longer locked down long term, and not only that, but decides to keep Thompson on the main roster, even though he has struggled. Botts is the GM that has more evidence of rushing development of players and making roster moves that impact that in a negative way.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Fun fact: the Sabres have never lost when Sobotka scores, except almost every time.
He caused 2 goals
He scored 2 goals
Should have just let him sit.
The best you can expect from him is he equals his mistakes.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I have no faith in Botterill doing anything right. Wake me up when he actually does something right.
Montour was a great pickup. Botterill (and Sexton) is a huge reason the Amerks are killing it. I'm as frustrated with the ROR return and the lack of action this year as anyone, but I do think Botterill has given some reasons for optimism.

This offseason is make or break though for sure. Replace the coach and upgrade the roster, no excuses.

Reactions: Mattilaus

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Montour was a great pickup. Botterill (and Sexton) is a huge reason the Amerks are killing it. I'm as frustrated with the ROR return and the lack of action this year as anyone, but I do think Botterill has given some reasons for optimism.

This offseason is make or break though for sure. Replace the coach and upgrade the roster, no excuses.

We will have to agree to disagree. I don’t see anything that indicates optimism.

Reactions: Havok89 and Tatanka

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
So cool little story for you guys. We were down in the lower bowl during warm ups last night by the Sabres tunnel, and there was this little kid decked out in Sabre stuff probably no more than maybe 6-7 years old. He had made a giant Bogo sign. My girl and I were talking to him and his dad, asked him like, "Hey bud, you going to get him to autograph your sign?" He goes "Yea, I hope so!" We asked him if he had a pen or a sharpie, but he didn't and got kinda bummed. We had an extra one, so we gave it to him. He was super excited, said thanks, and told him good luck before we headed back up to our seats.

So the rest of the night, she and I speculated and hoped that the little kid got the autograph. Fast forward to this morning, check the Sabres IG story and there's a video of him what looks like getting Bogo to sign a puck. The kid's face is LIT UP, all sorts of adorable. Definitely made me smile. :)

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Listening to wgr post game and them pullin away to announce a major breaking news. Was praying Housley got fired. Trading for the best WR in the NFL ainec is even better. Wooooo.

tank buffalo tank. Lets get a top 8 pick and lets hope both Buffalo teams make the 2020 playoffsm
You think he is better than Beckham Jr?

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010

Tage Thompson’s existence in the NHL contradicts everything you just wrote. Botterill says all that shit and then gifts a roster spot to a prospect who isn’t anything close to an NHL level player.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Sabres make it very hard to love hockey.

I posted this by accident in the Oilers thread but I never been on a higher understanding of ROR's thoughts when he said he lost his love. The constant losing has made it very hard to enjoy the sport I love, which makes me salty to watch other teams succeed where the Sabres absolutely do not.

Fuxk Chicago and all their winning the fans have been privy too, I am tired of losing to that team and losing in general.

I've watched maybe 5 or 6 games coming out of the all star break, this was my first game in a month and while entertaining going to shootout I got PTSD from last year with no saves in the shootout.

How can one team be so damn talented and Sabres have very few talents after 8 years of high draft picks?

Enough is enough, something has to give and it looks like it's my joy of the Sabres.

The rebuild has been executed very poorly.

Reactions: Aladyyn

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Tage Thompson’s existence in the NHL contradicts everything you just wrote. Botterill says all that **** and then gifts a roster spot to a prospect who isn’t anything close to an NHL level player.
The reason Tage plays is that Botterill traded for him and to sit him or send him to Rochester would be one step closer to admitting what we all know which is he got hosed in the O’Reilly trade.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
The reason Tage plays is that Botterill traded for him and to sit him or send him to Rochester would be one step closer to admitting what we all know which is he got hosed in the O’Reilly trade.
No argument. But that he refuses to acknowledge a mistake leaves little comfort that he knows waht he is doing or is capable of making the right calls for the team when they conflict with his ego.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010

I don’t get it. He’d probably have success in Rochester and people would be more excited about him. He literally brings nothing to this team right now on any given night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad