Post-Game Talk (GBU): Blackhawk Downed

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Listening to wgr post game and them pullin away to announce a major breaking news. Was praying Housley got fired. Trading for the best WR in the NFL ainec is even better. Wooooo.

tank buffalo tank. Lets get a top 8 pick and lets hope both Buffalo teams make the 2020 playoffsm

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
n56cs5.jpg
He would have said "it's a situation where" at least twice in that statement.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Who cares the Bills might be getting AB
As a Bengals fan I was given honorary Bills Mafia membership after the 2017 season. If you ever think the Bills have have it bad realize that under Mike Brown's reign of error my Bengals have not won a playoff game in nearly THIRTY years (December 1990 vs the Oilers at Riverfront. Both that team and stadium ceased to exist decades ago).

Reactions: BuffaloGooner

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Just got back from the game. Amazing atmosphere.

G:
Top line with possession and chances.
Tage.
Dahlin. My God he's going to be so good.
Bogo's goal.
Montour. Lotta praise for him. Rightly so.
Okposo swan dive goal.
Second period response.

B
First period.

U
Hutts in the shootout.

Thought we played well enough to win. The potential is so there. One thing I heard multiple times tonight from Hawks fans:

"The Sabres are going to be really f***ing good here soon."

Hang in there boys.

Last edited:
Reactions: searoc

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Um, the OT was pretty exciting, if crappy.
Secondary scoring.
Something terrible going on with the first line right now, but I doubt we'll see a change there.

The trend continues as the whole team looks worse even when they manage a win.

Still here for the comedy.
Eichel looked like someone ran over his dog. I wonder if Skinner broke off contract talks?

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
At this point I’m all in for another tank because we have nothing left to play for

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
G: Atleast were not going through what Ottawa currently is

Could be worse.

:prayeremoji:

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Just think, it could be another Nylander.

At Least Botterill will actually develop the player properly . Have faith

Botterill is no time Murray as he actually develops his players and doesn’t rush them

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
They aren't actually tanking, they're just poorly coached, poorly managed and poorly owned. There is not tank effort necessary.

Very true , but at this point every loss will increase the odds of getting Housley outta here

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
At Least Botterill will actually develop the player properly . Have faith

Botterill is no time Murray as he actually develops his players and doesn’t rush them
Because Botterill has done such a splendid job with developing prospects lol

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Because Botterill has done such a splendid job with developing prospects lol

Olofsson isn’t here yet , look at Laksonen, look at UPL.

Olofsson is an example of not rushing a player , Guhle was playing very well until he was traded . If Murray was here Olofsson would have been in the NHL after his first 10 AHL games . Asplund is playing so much better as of late .

My point is Botterill will give the players time to develop and not bring them up as a panic move . He will let the prospects dictate there development and call them up when they are ready. Botterill is the new Kevin Cheveldayoff so it will take time until his plan comes to fruition because he is a draft and develop GM and since he has only had two drafts yes a lot of his players are years away but with the ones we currently have in the pros he is taking his time

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Olofsson isn’t here yet , look at Laksonen, look at UPL.

Olofsson is an example of not rushing a player , Guhle was playing very well until he was traded . If Murray was here Olofsson would have been in the NHL after his first 10 AHL games . Asplund is playing so much better as of late .

My point is Botterill will give the players time to develop and not bring them up as a panic move . He will let the prospects dictate there development and call them up when they are ready. Botterill is the new Kevin Cheveldayoff so it will take time until his plan comes to fruition because he is a draft and develop GM and since he has only had two drafts yes a lot of his players are years away but with the ones we currently have in the pros he is taking his time
Botterill has done nothing about Laaksonen and UPL, they're out of his hands.

The Olofsson point is hilarious and completely wrong.

Everyone was bitching about Guhle playing terrible defense this season, last year he was a capable NHL player in his stint and by all accounts regressed this season.

Burning prospects black is no better than eating them raw.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
And somehow he didn't give Mitts or Tage time to develop in the minors. Both got rushed to the NHL.

Also VO is like a normal EU FA, dude is a seasoned pro and should have some NHL games already.

Reactions: Chainshot

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Botterill has done nothing about Laaksonen and UPL, they're out of his hands.

The Olofsson point is hilarious and completely wrong.

Everyone was *****ing about Guhle playing terrible defense this season, last year he was a capable NHL player in his stint and by all accounts regressed this season.

Burning prospects black is no better than eating them raw.

UPL coming over to play in Canada Botterill absolutely had a day in that, and look at how Laksonen has played this season compared to last . Development camp had everything to do with that and the too do list they gave him.

Lol the Olofsson point is true because he playing well and yes he is a seasoned pro like the other person said but he is adapting to the AHL game nicely and is being given the time he needs and Botterill is smart to keep him away from the dumpster fire up here .

We can agree to disagree on Guhle yes did he struggle yes but he has playing well for the most part and flipping him for Montoir was the right decision and we still have two 1st round picks .

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
And somehow he didn't give Mitts or Tage time to develop in the minors. Both got rushed to the NHL.

Also VO is like a normal EU FA, dude is a seasoned pro and should have some NHL games already.

Tage I will give you that but Tage is still a project and he is still a season away. It takes bigger players longer to develop. Look at Tom Wilson for example . 17 points in 2015, 23 points in 2016, 19 points in 2017 and absolutely took off last year with 35 points in 2018 and this season already has 34 points in 30 less games. If he wasn’t suspended to start the season he could be around 50 and I know people will say but he plays with Backstrom and Ovechkin and the same can be said with Tage having Eichel , Reinhart and Middlestadt plus Dahlin on defence . Long term we know these kids are going to be stars . My point is big players take time to develop and Tom Wilson is a great example so I’m not going to call a 21 year old with 12 points a bust. Wilson only had 10 points his 1st season and played all 82 games.

Could Middlestadt of started the year in the AHL and should he of ? That’s a legitimate question and something we will never know the answer too but Middlestadt is really starting to figure out the NHL and has been playing so much better lately. I know people might not be satisfied with 10 goals and 21 points but the fact is he has come a long way since his rocky start so I believe keeping him in the NHL and battling through adversity was the right call

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad