Post-Game Talk (GBU): Blackhawk Downed

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
the funny part is that Murray was actually a decent GM but Sabres fans like to discredit him due to some trades and they usually put him down for the good trades like the O'Reily trade when it was Fasching, Gorges and random bad contracts that were bad. Kane trade was rather even and Bogosian imo when healthy has put in effort and has been pretty good for most of the season. Trading O'Reily is Edmonton Oilers GM level bad.....and the longer we continue to deal with Botterill who isn't afraid to trade core players for garbage than i'm not sure what people are actually expecting. Housley is even worse than Dan because at least our PP unit was much better under him and the team didn't looks so clueless on what to do in their own zone.

Murray was trash, Botts is trash

Simple

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Botterill hasn’t been given much to work with so yes he has taken in a lot of contracts to acquire players he wanted so I totally understand where you are coming from but he still inherited a team that was largely Murray’s and he had a huge mess to clean up as a result so if we are talking about the Nolan’s , Josefsons , Sobotka’s etc of the world it was to be used as stop gap players to give our younger guys a chance to develop and once the Nylanders, Olofssons and Asplundes of the worlds are here we will see the Sobotkas , Scandellas , Okposo’s of the world off of this roster
HE TRADED OUR SECOND BEST PLAYER TO ACQUIRE GODDAMED SUCKBOTKA. Jesus Christ.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Tell the guy who made the decision not to send him to the AHL to develop.

Murray also drafted Eichel, Reinhart, Nylander, Borgen, Asplund, signed CJ Smith, all good players, should he have been kept? I would assume you don’t think so because of the decisions he made outside drafting guys.

Yes and It’s up to Botts to develop them that’s my point

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
the funny part is that Murray was actually a decent GM but Sabres fans like to discredit him due to some trades and they usually put him down for the good trades like the O'Reily trade when it was Fasching, Gorges and random bad contracts that were bad. Kane trade was rather even and Bogosian imo when healthy has put in effort and has been pretty good for most of the season. Trading O'Reily is Edmonton Oilers GM level bad.....and the longer we continue to deal with Botterill who isn't afraid to trade core players for garbage than i'm not sure what people are actually expecting. Housley is even worse than Dan because at least our PP unit was much better under him and the team didn't looks so clueless on what to do in their own zone.

Absolutely love this

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
He already has. He stamped out a number 1 centre and we are not getting very much back

Every gm is going to make a bad move , even the most competent GMs in the world make mistakes so just cause Botts makes one bad move doesn’t mean he is lost forever so that’s not ally not fair

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Who lost his love for the game and was going to be a cancer in the dressing room. No need to get frustrated man
This is complete and total 100% bullshit and I have no idea why people still try and bring up that stupid narative. He's really a cancer in that Blues locker room right???

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Every gm is going to make a bad move , even the most competent GMs in the world make mistakes so just cause Botts makes one bad move doesn’t mean he is lost forever so that’s not ally not fair

A mistake that big is crippling. It's not the type you should really get a pass for.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Yes and It’s up to Botts to develop them that’s my point

And my point is that there are other parts of a GM’s job that impact the team that involves more than just drafting. Those decisions are the reasons I take issue with Botts. I like his drafts.

Those draft picks/prospects are worthless if your management is making erroneous decisions like terrible coaching hires, forcing guys to develop in leagues they are not ready for, and not building roles that allow you to develop guys in a timely matter.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
This is complete and total 100% bull**** and I have no idea why people still try and bring up that stupid narative. He's really a cancer in that Blues locker room right???

No it’s not , he lost his love for the game he publicly said it

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
The funny thing is that Winnipeg as a path would be far more accurate if the most obvious mistake Botts made is not done.

I mean who knows how much damage Phil is doing points wise. But O’Reilly on this team is worth at least a couple wins. Not having Tage forces Phil to keep playing Erod or call up Smith.

Over the course of the season, I think those roster fixes alone give this team a real shot at the playoffs. No guarantee, but this trade was an enormous negative on this season and likely the next 2-3 seasons as well, best case scenario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad