Movies: Black Widow - heading to Disney +

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The details according to the one person who was there? If you think about that story, told only by Clint, from the perspective of anyone who doesn't know him.... there are definitely elements of it that could seem suspect.

It was pretty much apparent in Spider-Man FFH.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I like the film btw but the CGI is concernedly bad in some scenes especially this one. I say concernedly because this is Bollywood-level CGI and would've looked bad in a Marvel film even 10 years ago and the fact that they didn't fix it with this much time suggests they didn't really see it as a problem or they don't care cos they're getting $$$ either way.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Random thoughts

we’ve not actually seen Taskmaster, the character is never once referred to by name as Taskmaster.

Could Isiah be the Captain America that Alexi was referring to fighting?

Falcon and Winter Soldier scene with Valentina would have seemed way more sinister if this movie was released on time.

Reactions: mattihp

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto

Lol this was awesome. I love that formula for theatrical trailers today though and I don't think just because they're very common, that that makes them bad. Much better than the 80s/90s voice over which seemed like it was done by the same guy for every movie.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Saw this today. I enjoyed it. I'd put it in the middle of the pack of the MCU. Nothing special but an enjoyable 2 hours.

It was pretty much apparent in Spider-Man FFH.

Hmm how? I don't remember even though I only first watched it a month ago.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Random thoughts

we’ve not actually seen Taskmaster, the character is never once referred to by name as Taskmaster.

Could Isiah be the Captain America that Alexi was referring to fighting?

Falcon and Winter Soldier scene with Valentina would have seemed way more sinister if this movie was released on time.

This would be really cool!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Saw this today. I enjoyed it. I'd put it in the middle of the pack of the MCU. Nothing special but an enjoyable 2 hours.

Hmm how? I don't remember even though I only first watched it a month ago.

FATWS also more or less hinted that it's well known publicly what happened to Stark, Rogers and Romanov.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Random thoughts

In the "Hawkeye" show description:

Debutant Alaqua Cox will star as Maya Lopez, a deaf Native American who is capable of perfectly copying another person's movements, making her a formidable fighter.

5gv33b.jpg

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I liked it overall but not a fan of the changes to Taskmaster who has a good backstory in the comics. I get why they did it though as it fit the story better, etc.

I wonder if the after credit scene was changed at all as this would have been the first time we meet the countess had the movie come out when it was originally supposed to before FaWS.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I liked it overall but not a fan of the changes to Taskmaster who has a good backstory in the comics. I get why they did it though as it fit the story better, etc.

I wonder if the after credit scene was changed at all as this would have been the first time we meet the countess had the movie come out when it was originally supposed to before FaWS.

I think FAWS was supposed to have come out before Black Widow.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I think FAWS was supposed to have come out before Black Widow.
Not sure about that as the original release date of BW was July 9, 2020. I know WandaVision was supposed to come out in mid-2020 but was pushed back because production stopped for a while in March 2020. FAWS began filming at the end of 2019 and also was stopped in March 2020 so even without the stop I am not sure it would have been on Disney+ before July 9, 2020.

Either way it's nice to see the movie tie in with FAWS and the future show Hawkeye.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Other than Pugh and the opening credits this was pretty forgettable. I thought it had potential to be some kind of awesome Bourne-like spy thriller. Really thin plot and the pacing was bad. Taskmaster was lame and the reveal was predictable. I dont think it would have even mattered if the movie was in its chronological order in the MCU.

Reactions: Fripp and Vaheh

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
There were about 10 people in the theatre when I watched it and I was literally the only one that stayed for the end credits. I was surprised these people didn't know there would likely be a post-credits scene. I would think that anyone with interest in this movie would know that MCU movies always (or almost always?) have a post-credits scene.

Reactions: Subban signed e5

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
There were about 10 people in the theatre when I watched it and I was literally the only one that stayed for the end credits. I was surprised these people didn't know there would likely be a post-credits scene. I would think that anyone with interest in this movie would know that MCU movies always (or almost always?) have a post-credits scene.

I (mostly) stopped staying for them myself several years ago. After Howard the Duck and Cap's speech about patience (which I did think was funny) I can't blame people for just googling whatever the post-credits scene was rather than waiting around for it.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I (mostly) stopped staying for them myself several years ago. After Howard the Duck and Cap's speech about patience (which I did think was funny) I can't blame people for just googling whatever the post-credits scene was rather than waiting around for it.

Yeah I guess but I didn't think literally 100% of the audience would leave. There were only 10 or so people but still.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Movie theater owners groups are not happy with Disney on this one it seems. They feel that by releasing it at the same time on Disney+ it hurt theaters bottom line. ‘Black Widow’: Theater Owners Blast Disney+ for Steep Drop – The Hollywood Reporter

Not the first time it happens and likely won't be the last.

I really enjoyed watching Black Widow at home on Disney Plus.

Not only was the food cheaper than at the theater, but, I could pause the movie to go to the bathroom and now miss a second.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I really enjoyed watching Black Widow at home on Disney Plus.

Not only was the food cheaper than at the theater, but, I could pause the movie to go to the bathroom and now miss a second.
Living along $35 is kind of steep for not having the same huge screen experience. If I lived with someone or had kids then ya makes more sense but meh.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Living along $35 is kind of steep for not having the same huge screen experience. If I lived with someone or had kids then ya makes more sense but meh.

22 euros, which is what Premier Access costs here, is more than twice cheaper than going to proper theater to watch a movie for me. My small home town theater rarely gets new releases and is not even in operation right now due to looking for a new owner. So my option under normal circumstances would be to take a 60 km bus ride to Turku. That's between 15-20 euros, movie ticket for this would be have been 17+ euros. I don't buy drinks or snacks to a movie due to not wanting to risk a bathroom break but I usually go eat at a near by Subway after the movie. So that's over 40 euros already. Of course bus lines have been reduced currently so I couldn't make the trip anyway. But yeah, Premier Access worked for me. I know they're not doing it with Shang-Chi but I wouldn't mind if they did.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad