Confirmed with Link: Bjugstad, McCann to PIT for Brassard, Sheahan, 2nd ('19) & two 4th rounders (both '19)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
In regards to Tallon...

If he doesnt get Panarin and or Bobrovsky and or anyone comparable.

Nah f*** it, if he doesnt get Panarin and Bobrovsky.....he might get the axe. Let's go Dale. Let's see it.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Anyone know what we are looking at for a bob and Panarin deal? 8ish for Bob and 9-10 for Panarin?
nobody knows anything for sure, but a safe assumption is that Bob would cost 7x8 and Panarin would cost 10x8. anything less would be unlikely.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
he's made it obvious to the NHL world what his plan is. If he fails, it will blow up in his face spectacularly.

I think you only make those moves when its already in the Books. Only to remember Bobrovsky already saied in the Beginning of the Season. The Team and GM knows my plan for the Future.
And later then some NHL rumor spreader find out Panarin and Dadonov played together in Russia and both already was buying some places for the Summer.

I think for me its clear. But even more that makes the Situation in Columbus much more complicated or total calm.

When you look around and read all the rumors and feeds, you always hear. When they trade Panarin that it will be a Sign and trade Situation. But then you have Panarin who says, no re-sing before Offseason.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
nobody knows anything for sure, but a safe assumption is that Bob would cost 7x8 and Panarin would cost 10x8. anything less would be unlikely.

Subtract 1 to 1.5 from each for them beautiful tax breaks and I think we have the correct numbers.

6X8 and 8.5X8

Which still leaves 7 to 9 mil in cap space.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Subtract 1 to 1.5 from each for them beautiful tax breaks and I think we have the correct numbers.

6X8 and 8.5X8

don't count on it. Would guess that Panarin doesn't take a dime less then his buddy Kucherov

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Keep in mind with cap space we may be able to swing a Campbell or Luongo type trade with a team in a crunch.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway

6X8 and 8.5X8

Are CBJ going to let Panarin go at the trade deadline? 'Cause if this is a summer-thing you can only offer them 7-year contracts.....

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Are CBJ going to let Panarin go at the trade deadline? 'Cause if this is a summer-thing you can only offer them 7-year contracts.....
Then 7 year deals it is.

Unless they trade for the rights similar to what they did with Keith Yandle.

Tin-foil hat time, Owners could possibly push for a trade before the TDL before season ticket renewals go out.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
It's also important to remember what we had when he got here was garbage. Stephen Weiss was our best player. He's had some misses in the 1st round, but its hockey who hasn't. Tallon's goal has been to draft and develop strong talent down the middle Barkov, Trocheck, Borgstrom. Check. He's opportunistically gotten us 3 stud wingers for almost nothing. Dadonov, Hoff, Huberdeau. He is almost done with a strong defense Ekblad is coming around, Yandle has been great, Matheson should revert back to the mean eventually.

As for the expansion draft, Would anyone here agree that Marchessault and Reilly Smith are better and should be paid more than Dadonov and Hoffman? Honest to god question, can anyone in good faith make that argument?

We are sitting here, loaded with picks, loaded with cash, and with two fine Russian boys who want to come down and enjoy the sunshine and maybe play a little hockey. It has taken longer than most would have liked, but if everything comes full circle; we don't just have a playoff team; we have a Stanley Cup contender for at least 3-4 years.

as someone already brought up, Tallon's had a decade... you're banking on a lot of hypothetical. Hypotheticals that we've all seen before. Who else here remembers threads about Kovachuk, Parise, etc.. "yeah we have great weather, no state tax" rhetoric have always been used when awesome players become UFAs and we make these threads in our boards and always get hyped to obviously falls flat because great weather and state tax is not why these guys play hockey... they also want to win.. high profile players like high profile markets.

Sure we're opening mad cap space and Tallon is against a rock and hard place so he has to go all out because he knows he's on knife's edge. But even then, we're still the Florida Panthers, no amount of good weather is going to attract high profile players.
I'll believe it when it happens. We're doing the right things to give us a chance to get these type of players, but I will not be surprised if we have to settle for less sexier options once free agency hits.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
This is a bad trade if we don't get Bobrovsky and Panarin.

Brassard has been terrible on Pittsburgh. 2nd Round Pick has 35% chance of becoming an NHL player, 4th Rnd picks have a 7% chance?

At least it means we are sellers and Tallon isn't making a roadie run to the 8th spot.

It's not a bad either way. Bjugstad clearly had little value around the league with his contract. I'm glad we dealed him before we had to send picks with him to get rid of him

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Then 7 year deals it is.

Unless they trade for the rights similar to what they did with Keith Yandle.

Tin-foil hat time, Owners could possibly push for a trade before the TDL before season ticket renewals go out.

Even if they trade for his rights after the season, it can only be a 7-year contract. If they want to be able to offer an 8-year contract, the players(s) need to be on their team at the deadline (O'Reilly-trade to Buffalo s a good example of this. He'd have gotten an 8-year contract if it had been allowed).

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Even if they trade for his rights after the season, it can only be a 7-year contract. If they want to be able to offer an 8-year contract, the players(s) need to be on their team at the deadline (O'Reilly-trade to Buffalo s a good example of this. He'd have gotten an 8-year contract if it had been allowed).
Then yes, 7 years it is. They would need to push Columbus to be willing to unload them for cheap for Dale to trade for them before the TDL imo.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Then yes, 7 years it is. They would need to push Columbus to be willing to unload them for cheap for Dale to trade for them before the TDL imo.

Here's the thing about that; I seem to remember there was a vague rumour a short while back that Brassard was wanted back in Columbus... Maybe that could be a way to get Panarin before the deadline, despite all logic saying they should keep their one offensive star for the playoff-run. Obviously, Florida would have to add to Brassard, maybe someone like Hepo, or maybe CBJ would want a depth D for the playoff-run like Kiselevich. Either way, that could be worth it, just to be able to keep the AAV quite a bit lower due to 8 vs 7 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad