Post-Game Talk: Bitten

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
If Kakko gets traded, I honestly won't think about him again for another second. Sorry if that offends the Kakko people.
You will when he lights us up for another team on a repeated basis. Most Ranger thing ever.
Rempe did nothing wrong. He went in for a hit, never shifted out of his path, and the other guy actually stuck his own leg out.
I disagree. I thought he went into the corner and made himself wide by opening his stance to try to keep the Panthers player from avoiding him.

Either way, being a rookie and being as big as he is is not going to help him stay out of the box. He's got to know that and adjust his play at times.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Is Wennberg good enough to provide secondary scoring behind the Funny Italian Bread line? He needs to be with Zib here. I said it a while back we should get Monohan when he was available, guy is on a tear!

Wennberg is a guy that has always played better offensively when on a better team. When his team is struggling he’s struggled offensively kind of like Lindholm in that regard. I like him regardless. I think with Cuylle and Kakko you’d have a great third. Drury has to get that done at minimum

Then he’s got to find the right wing. But I don’t know why he’s not big game hunting when buchnevich and guentzel are out there. I think we need a difference maker more than vatrano. I’d trade any prospect not named Perrault and that includes Othmann

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
The Igor shitting on is hilarious. That last goal was just unfortunate. Trouba tries to close his feet to block the shot and Lomberg sends a perfect wrister off his skate and it slingshots in another direction. Of course I don't expect our two fossil broadcasters to have picked that up.
Sam hasn't heard a shot ring off the post since 1987.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
You will when he lights us up for another team on a repeated basis. Most Ranger thing ever.

I disagree. I thought he went into the corner and made himself wide by opening his stance to try to keep the Panthers player from avoiding him.

Either way, being a rookie and being as big as he is is not going to help him stay out of the box. He's got to know that and adjust his play at times.

Love Rempe but the ref was calling a penalty there either way. He came off the bench charging and as long as he got a piece of the Florida guy the hand was going up. He can't make it so easy to call. He will learn though.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Yea that a tripping penalty for sure. You can't have your leg extended like that, he did and made contact with the other guys leg which caused him to trip. It's a penalty everyday.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I see two issues. one- Lindgren and Trouba.

two- we have no answer for heavy, puck cycling possession teams in our zone. FLA reminds me of the 2014 Kings.

Nah we are way way better equipped for this than we are for rush teams. We didn’t give Florida a sniff all night.

Lindgren is a problem more than trouba trouba st least strong. Lindgren couldn’t push a bee off a flower

Vesey goodrow Edstrom should be a solid enough 4th line no? I have to think Brodz is the one sitting.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Nah we are way way better equipped for this than we are for rush teams. We didn’t give Florida a sniff all night.

Lindgren is a problem more than trouba trouba st least strong. Lindgren couldn’t push a bee off a flower

Vesey goodrow Edstrom should be a solid enough 4th line no? I have to think Brodz is the one sitting.
I think losing Chytil really hurts. need Wennberg and to dump Kakko for a winger, maybe get an insurance D

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think losing Chytil really hurts. need Wennberg and to dump Kakko for a winger, maybe get an insurance D

Def need a D

I think Kakko slotted correctly on the third line is a good player to have. We def need Wennberg. And I like him but yah losing chytil man that kills. His speed and his shot an actual finisher on a team that doesn’t have many if any at all was brutal

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Most of their problems last night were because they’re dogshit going through the neutral zone. D and forwards. Florida plays a simple game, if you can’t make a play, dump the puck and go get it. No reason why Rangers can’t take the same approach in a tight game. Enough with the cross ice passes.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Not bad against a good possession team
1709650470737.png

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Here's a thought:

Separate Kreider and Zibanejad
Preferably by removing them from this franchise. I am sick of both of them.

Obviously this is not happening so yes, different lines would be nice.

Cuylle- zib-kakko
Kreider-brodz-vesey

Also, i would love to see rempe on PP2. Have Rempe plant his big body in front of the goalie and just screen the hell out of him. Nobody can move him without taking another penalty. Bobrovsky couldnt see shit in front of him in the first period when Rempe was in front.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Love Rempe but the ref was calling a penalty there either way. He came off the bench charging and as long as he got a piece of the Florida guy the hand was going up. He can't make it so easy to call. He will learn though.

That was my point. I feel like he launches himself like a missile every time he hits someone and yet people blamed the refs.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
it wasn't the worst game of all time but jesus christ they just generate so little at ES, it's actually hard to watch.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Draft status aside - I have never been more infuriated about how GD good a player can be and not score than Kak. It's a huge reason why you can't give up on him. He needs the right center to bring out the best in him and Chytil or Troch could've been that.

He and Laf out there on the PP was so sick for their 16 seconds. If the team fuc*s up as a team again this playoffs shit has really got to change on the top PP which has never been able to beat the best teams consistently. Which is what it will take to win.

Great fu*kin' heartbreaker of a game tho hot damn. Add some pieces which work for these guys and we are really going to f*ck shit up this spring.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kakko is starting to get really overrated in regard to his all-around game. First of all, he's not that good defensively.

download - 2024-03-05T105443.092.png

download - 2024-03-05T105458.637.png

download - 2024-03-05T105538.248.png

People talk about his cycling, and the nice plays he makes, but for every one of those, there's five turnovers because he decided to not do anything and just skate into the defense.

He just doesn't do a whole lot. It's not just scoring. Jimmy Vesey doesn't score and I really like him. I'm willing to put him on top six lines. I was willing to do it for Fast too.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Kakko is starting to get really overrated in regard to his all-around game. First of all, he's not that good defensively.

View attachment 829717
View attachment 829718
View attachment 829719

People talk about his cycling, and the nice plays he makes, but for every one of those, there's five turnovers because he decided to not do anything and just skate into the defense.

He just doesn't do a whole lot. It's not just scoring. Jimmy Vesey doesn't score and I really like him. I'm willing to put him on top six lines. I was willing to do it for Fast too.

Kakko has played his last game in NY. Not sure that's even a bold prediction at this point. It's insulting to Buchnevich that people are worried about a post-Ranger breakout. Buchnevich had faults but he put up points from minute 1 of his NHL career.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kakko has played his last game in NY. Not sure that's even a bold prediction at this point. It's insulting to Buchnevich that people are worried about a post-Ranger breakout. Buchnevich had faults but he put up points from minute 1 of his NHL career.
Right, Buchnevich didn't really break out per se on the Blues.

He was elite on the Rangers his last couple of seasons. He just moved to PP1 on the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad