Post-Game Talk: Bitten

Status
Not open for further replies.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
And the sad part is there's been a huge hole and a continued effort to try to replace him. Which made the team worse and cost them tons of draft capital and assets. Horrible.
Yup, but somehow you’ll still get clowned on here for saying Drury stinks because of that move and subsequent failure to actually address it for years.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yup, but somehow you’ll still get clowned on here for saying Drury stinks because of that move and subsequent failure to actually address it for years.

He tried to address it by gifting the spot to noted quitter Vitali Kravtsov. The player responded by being out of shape and quitting again. Crazy how that worked out.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
If Drury trades Kakko for a rental, he is ensuring that his end-time at GM comes even quicker, but before he's gone, he'll fire Laviolette, because that's how sports work.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
SSSHHHHH.

Don't ruin people's fun.
Idk, most of the intelligent criticism I see of the Miller trade isn’t based on his star potential at the time. I think most people are upset because threw in a forward who was ALREADY quite good. Miller already had a 56 point season under his belt with 45 even strength points. It’s been a theme here for a while to give up on already good players for no reason (miller/Skjei Buch) and then rely on worse players later on.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
And you are entitled to that view.
I don't believe in "untouchable." Even Gretzky was traded. I believe in getting value for any player we move.
Just curious & I'm not being patronizing....how long are you willing to wait for his "upside" to materialize? What if what we're currently seeing is it?

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Just curious & I'm not being patronizing....how long are you willing to wait for his "upside" to materialize? What if what we're currently seeing is it?
No worries bud.
I don’t have a deadline. He’s already a useful player. I still expect him to become a much better player. If he doesn’t improve over the next couple of years I’d say his odds go down. Even “power” forward types are usually getting established by 25. Look how long it took JT Miller to really get it, though I think they are different in the type of immaturity. With Kakko I think it’s less of a “bad attitude” and more of a lack of confidence.
If you mean before we trade him, I’m not opposed to it, even today. But his upside at having just turned 23 remains part of his value. All I want is value for him. I understand that’s a subjective thing.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Gotta disagree. He was not moving his feet when he went for the hit and the only reason the legs of the two players made contact was the Panther diving out of the way. It was a bad call, but the game is fast and it happens.
I’d want Rempe to be closer to the boards there. Can’t give the opponent two directions to go. If Rempe is a step closer to the boards the Florida guy has to go to his right or get crunched. If he goes right, Rempe can at least get a shoulder on him. And if the guy tries going up the boards he’s a pancake.

Reactions: bhamill

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Either way, I appreciate Rempe bodying a guy on the forecheck.
Look at this, right before Florida scored, a puck meandering to a defenseman and 93 swings his stick and goes off for a change. If he puts a body on the guy a million better things can happen. Not saying he needs to blow up the guy. But it’s 100% lazy garbage.

Attachments

• IMG_4639.png
    IMG_4639.png
    741.9 KB · Views: 2

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Idk, most of the intelligent criticism I see of the Miller trade isn’t based on his star potential at the time. I think most people are upset because threw in a forward who was ALREADY quite good. Miller already had a 56 point season under his belt with 45 even strength points. It’s been a theme here for a while to give up on already good players for no reason (miller/Skjei Buch) and then rely on worse players later on.

Sounds like Miller was an ahole and that TB thought the same, and Miller has said that he needed to grow up.

whats the catch?

No catch.

Business as usual in all of sports and business.

Blame those below you until you get canned.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I’d want Rempe to be closer to the boards there. Can’t give the opponent two directions to go. If Rempe is a step closer to the boards the Florida guy has to go to his right or get crunched. If he goes right, Rempe can at least get a shoulder on him. And if the guy tries going up the boards he’s a pancake.
True. Thought the same watching it.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad