BioWare's Anthem (PC/XB/PS)

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Definitely noticed the graphics downgrade. light is totally flat compared to the trailers, that's the biggest difference I saw. Running on a 1080ti.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm at work, does anyone know what time we'll be able to play? Is it already unlocked?

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Completely unplayable.

I spent most of my time in loading screens.

Had an issue with the world not loading properly. I would die to enemies that hadn't appeared yet. So I restarted and loaded in to freeplay and got the VIP demo 95% loading bug...

DkydB-cU4AAaWzA.jpg

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Sank a couple hours in so far. No problems.

The combat is fun and they've definitely improved the controls. Will absolutely keep playing.

I'm already feeling like it's a cool world with a lack of emphasis on story line...sort of reminiscent of Destiny.

I'm enjoying playing solo despite the game's constant harassment that it's better with people. :laugh:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I pre-ordered the legion of dawn edition, comes with a legendary javelin and legendary weapon (both of which I'm sure everyone will have a week after release, but oh well.

My group of friends all bought the game as well so it should be pretty fun! The demo was pretty good, here to hoping the game is even better.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Played through the tutorial and logged off and started playing Warframe again. I don’t know. Something feels off. The combat just seemed so bland. I need to keep pushing through and give it a real chance. It should be a game I love but I can’t get into it.

Reactions: SeidoN

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Played through the tutorial and logged off and started playing Warframe again. I don’t know. Something feels off. The combat just seemed so bland. I need to keep pushing through and give it a real chance. It should be a game I love but I can’t get into it.

Yea I dunno, it feels bland but it's also more of an RPG so maybe it'll get good once you level up/get better weapons/skills. But then the problem would be that there's not going to be much content to do at that point.

TBH this game feels like they didn't pay attention at all to where things like Destiny or Division succeeded and failed. The industry keeps trying to make these games but they can't seem to learn from each other's mistakes.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yea I dunno, it feels bland but it's also more of an RPG so maybe it'll get good once you level up/get better weapons/skills. But then the problem would be that there's not going to be much content to do at that point.

TBH this game feels like they didn't pay attention at all to where things like Destiny or Division succeeded and failed. The industry keeps trying to make these games but they can't seem to learn from each other's mistakes.

These types of games are essentially designed by execs.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
These types of games are essentially designed by execs.

Design isn't always the problem, it's just that the execs are the ones who are setting the release dates. They want to start making money on games ASAP, so the result is we keep getting games that come out and then take another 6-12 months to get good.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Design isn't always the problem, it's just that the execs are the ones who are setting the release dates. They want to start making money on games ASAP, so the result is we keep getting games that come out and then take another 6-12 months to get good.
You think they would’ve learned their lesson after Andromeda...

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
You think they would’ve learned their lesson after Andromeda...
Just like Bungie after Destiny. Unfortunately publishers get the final call on when to release a game.

Game is fun, performance/bug issues seem to be the biggest downfall. We'll see how the end game is after a few weeks; they'll need to be pumping out content often for sure.

Sep 19, 2008
I played a bit earlier today. It's okay. I can run on high and don't want to try going Ultra. Everything actually runs pretty smooth though so I don't mind.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I was actually really getting into the game...until my next story mission was grinding out bullcrap in freeplay for some reason. Exactly what I was afraid of in this game.

Also, why the heck do they restrict your flight so much in freeplay? It's so annoying to have to deal with overheating while just trying to travel. I understand they need the overheat mechanic during combat, but it takes the fun out of an otherwise enjoyable travel mechanic. Any time you fly too high, you are also blinded for way too long.

And yes, game, I do in fact want to play the missions in private mode. Why do you harass me every time I launch one?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad