CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Duke won't get claimed I expect him on PS

Murphy I'm not so sure

Good move with McCoy, hes always nicked up anyway

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Cam Phillips hasn’t made it yet. I still expect to hear Sills and Phillips were cut, though Phillips May have a chance. Sills has done nothing...

I’m not at all surprised by Ray Ray or Murphy.

The way I see it, Isaiah McKenzie is a slot receiver and gadget player. He and Ray Ray were probably battling for the same spot IMO. If that’s the case, McKenzie easily earned it over Ray Ray (who it was reported that they plan on adding to the practice squad if he clears waivers).

As for Murphy, there just wasn’t room even without McCoy.

Gore, Singletary and Yeldon (great pass catcher) will all share time.
Senorise Perry is a special teams ace.

No big surprises yet, besides McCoy. Duke Williams was a bummer but it was reported that they will try to add him to the practice squad, and he probably wouldn’t of had a very big role. Jump balls in the red zone probably, but maybe they feel a TE can fill that role.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Duke was good in blocking as well. I can understand Shady as we probably could have gotten a 7th but it is a better look to let him choose where he wants to go. I don't get releasing Murphy and keeping Yeldon. Yeldon was a tire fire.
They are different types of running backs.
Yeldon has been a pretty good pass catching RB in his career.

With Daboll as OC we are running a similar offense to the Patriots.
He couldn’t do it last year between our o line and RBs, but I think Daboll wants to have a multi-headed RB attack like New England does.

All 3 of our top RBs have a different skill set now.

Gore can pound the ball when we need it. He will always take what the defense gives and be a net positive in yardage.

Singletary is a shifty back like McCoy

And Yeldon can be that pass catching RB.

With the improved o line I am anxious to see what our running attack looks like.

Add in a guy like McKenzie running gadget plays and our much improved (on paper) WR corps and I’m really excited to see what this offense does this year.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
And he's decisive. He finds a hole and he hits it. Hard. Shady dances. I wonder if that was another reason he was let go. Gore and Singletary will take what's given to them. Shady will dance and dance until he finds something.....or gets tackled for a loss.
100% think this was a big reason, as well as what I mentioned above with the multi headed Rb attack.

Daboll runs a patriots offense. They are all about taking what the defense gives you. They don’t want negative plays.

Plus not having McCoy makes it easier to rotate 3 RBs all season. I don’t think McCoy would have handled an even split very well. He wanted to be “the guy” (and even kind of talked about that multiple times this offseason). He’s always been the guy.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Singletary is faster than McCoy at this point in his career. I had him as the #1 RB by game 3-4 this year. Surprised to see McCoy go over Yeldon though. McCoy is a much better version of Yeldon.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Murphys big downfall is his pass protection isn't good at all
That and he’s not as good a special teams player as Senorise Perry.

Perry is known as one of the better special teams players in the NFL and will likely play almost 100% of special teams snaps + be a leader for that unit.

Murphy is a good player but there’s only so many spots on the roster and when it comes to those bottom of the roster spots you need to fill out the roles the team/scheme requires to be successful.

Murphy wasn’t going to get playing time in front of Gore or Singletary, he has a different skill set than Yeldon and Perry is a special teams ace.

I really hope Murphy catches on somewhere. If not, I hope to see him back on the practice squad (if he’s still eligible, which I’m guessing he is?)

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Singletary is faster than McCoy at this point in his career. I had him as the #1 RB by game 3-4 this year. Surprised to see McCoy go over Yeldon though. McCoy is a much better version of Yeldon.

Plus McCoy vs Yeldon is cap space/money favors Yeldon. Kind of surprised this cut wasn't done sooner to let Shady find another team easier, but that's probably because Beane was trying to trade him.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Croom is making the team and getting IRd tomorrow...... Perks of dating the owners daughter?

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Croom is making the team and getting IRd tomorrow...... Perks of dating the owners daughter?
whether it is or not it makes sense to hang onto him, he has shown some flashes when healthy, Kroft can't be counted on health wise and Smith is likely gone next year potentially leaving just Knox/Sweeney.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
3 running backs and a FB. FB takes the sport of your 4th RB.

No real surprise cuts this year (including McCoy, I expected that).

I was hoping they would dump Zay. Still may find a trade partner for him.
True.

Definitely need to find a better punter as well, but that may be too little too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad