Bills: 2019 Season Kicks off on September 8th @ NYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Miami fleeced the Texans. 2 1's and a 2. Miami stacking up for a real QB (not Rosen).
I like that trade for them as well. Houston isnt a contender. Those picks could be top-15-to-top-10. An elite Tackle is hard to come by, but Houston mortgaged a ton of their future.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Well, now you can lock in two wins if you hadn’t already. That team is a dumpster fire.

Agreed that it is a good trade for Miami. Not only are they a front runner for the #1 overall but they will have the needed ammo to get up there if they come up short. Unfortunately for them they are one year too early to get “the next great one” QB prospect in Lawrence.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Well, now you can lock in two wins if you hadn’t already. That team is a dumpster fire.

Agreed that it is a good trade for Miami. Not only are they a front runner for the #1 overall but they will have the needed ammo to get up there if they come up short. Unfortunately for them they are one year too early to get “the next great one” QB prospect in Lawrence.

Lawrence looks like a very good prospect but people jump the gun all the time in writing off QB classes. Let's not forget Tua was celebrated like Lawrence the year before.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

The year the Bills drafted Allen, before the season started in was Allen, Rosen, Darnold as the too 3 overall picks.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Here's the complete list of roster moves

The team also announced it has moved tight end Tyler Kroft from the Physically Unable to Perform List to the 53-man active roster. Kroft broke his ankle on the first day of OTAs.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
The team must be confident some of the safeties can play one on one against a team's fourth and fifth receiver or at least play better than the cut CBs could.

...or they could handle a five wide situation in zone

Last edited:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Only real surprises are Conor McDermott and Ike Boettger making the team.

But that could change as soon as the next 24 hours depending on if the Bills put in any waiver claims or sign any free agents.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
With Beane trading like he does, I would think he called around and no one was interested, even for a 7th.
He also seems like a guy who monitors his reputation. Trading McCoy for a 7th to a team like the Jags would have been a bad look after backing him all year. It is better to spin it that we were all in, it was tough but we ultimately decided to let him decide where he wants to go, as I noted and then Beane later reiterated.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
4 Buffalo Bills on initial 53-man roster at risk of being replaced by Week 1
When it comes to the Buffalo Bills’ initial 53-man roster, we already know of what roster move that the team plans to make. Tight end Jason Croom will be placed on the injured reserve with a hand injury. Once the move is made official, it is believed that safety Kurt Coleman will be re-signed to the roster ahead of the team’s matchup against the New York Jets.
What other players are at risk of being replaced before Week 1? Here are four candidates.

S DEAN MARLOWE - one safety is likely to go after Kurt Coleman is re-signed

G IKE BOETTGER - Bills may feel that they have a better shot at sneaking Boettger on their practice squad later this week.

OT CONOR MCDERMOTT - Bills will be looking to upgrade at swing tackle. La’Adrian Waddle whose season was ended by injury was signed to fill this role.

P COREY BOJORQUEZ - Lacks consistency. The writer suggests the Bills target Britton Colquitt.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I really can’t believe the fan reaction over McCoy. The guy is a shell of his former self. Hell, Chris Ivory had a better YPA last year behind the woeful line of the bills.

Does he have the capability to be an average running back this year? Yes, no doubt. Will he be a game changer? No.

Let’s see what the rook has in him. RBs are a dime a dozen and probably the most replaceable on the roster. I’m kind of happy they are putting the offense on Allen’s shoulders rather than holding on to a RB some view as a bell cow.

Beane and McD know how to set a team up for now and the future. I have never been so confident in the front office in my 34 years of being a fan.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
There aren't any fans in this thread saying McCoy should have been kept.

I would have moved on from Shady last year. The timing is a year too late when they still could have got a pick when they were not even fielding an offense last year anyway. The issue is I don't like what they did to replace him.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I would have moved on from Shady last year. The timing is a year too late when they still could have got a pick when they were not even fielding an offense last year anyway. The issue is I don't like what they did to replace him.

Nobody is giving a pick for his contract

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
There aren't any fans in this thread saying McCoy should have been kept.
I understand that, but I assume others following this thread follow other bills forums. And if you do, I’m sure you’ve noticed there are many many posts with people overreacting to the McCoy cut (see bills mafia on Facebook, two bills drive, etc.).

Guess I could have been more clear

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

You don't really seem to like anything the Bills do.

Reactions: CrazyPsycho
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad