Bills: 2019 Season Kicks off on September 8th @ NYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Jackson has a LONG way to go before he’s a legit NFL QB. Minnesota’s 3rd string guy looked like Brady vs. Jackson.

He just doesn’t see the field at all and struggles mightily with accuracy (the 2 most important parts of being an NFL QB in my opinion).
It seems like he checks his first read and then starts scrambling. Guys looked wide open a lot of the night and he didn’t even look to that side of the field (they could have been limiting him to half field reads, but he was missing open guys on both sides of the field on a given play, so...).

He is still very very raw. He reminds me of Cardale Jones a bit in that regard.

I guess it all depends on whether or not Beane feels like Jackson is worth developing. Maybe they think he can take a big step with a year of proper NFL QB coaching? We will find out soon.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
tumblr_mp9fjaFhvJ1rs8jbdo1_250.gif

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Getting a pick for Bodine is a win, dudes a turnstile.
Yeah but now the Pats will have insights in to our lights-out O-Line schemes.........

Honestly forgot the game was last night, thought it was tonight. Doesn't look like I missed much. Can't wait for the regular season, and the worrying glances from friends as I round in to regular season chugging form.

Predicting 11-5 as always. But I wouldn't be caught off guard by 6-10

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Yeah but now the Pats will have insights in to our lights-out O-Line schemes.........

Honestly forgot the game was last night, thought it was tonight. Doesn't look like I missed much. Can't wait for the regular season, and the worrying glances from friends as I round in to regular season chugging form.

I wouldn't say you didn't miss anything. Bills were losing 23 - 6 with just under eight minutes left and won it 27 - 23 with a punt return for a TD and then a touchdown catch with 8 seconds left and no timeouts. That's something.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Trade all potential cuts for a 6th! Then trade the entire 6th round for a top 10 overall pick.

In all seriousness Bodine was definitely getting cut, so it's basically a free 6th. They don't seem like much but Beane used a lot of those lower-round picks to move around in the draft the last two times, so it's great to bank as many as you can get.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I know we can joke about acquiring late round picks but I think the value of them is being a little understated. Especially since we acquired one of our franchise OL using a 5th round pick. This past draft we moved up 2 spots to draft Cody Ford by trading a single 5th. With the extra 5th and 2 6ths, if we need to move up a few spots in round 2 or 3 those extra picks literally cover the cost.

Say in 2020 draft we pick 50th in round 2, if we want to move up to say 46,47 the 5th+ 2 6ths likely gets it done. If we can move up in round 2 and 3 by trading excess picks it is something you do 10 out of 10 times. Do not be shocked if 2 if not all 3 of these acquired picks are used to move up 2-3 spots in round 2 to target our future starting DE or #2 WR.

And boy, I want us to draft Laviska Shenault at all costs next draft. He has all the tools and physical attributes to be a stud franchise WR. My dream target WR from 2017 was JuJu Smith-Schuster. His talent, skills, production and very young age all screamed to me future elite WR. I was pining in the Bills thread that spring for JuJu and thought he should have been a 1st round pick. Entering year 3 JuJu is already a legit top 10 WR. I feel Shenault can be even better.

Imagine a Bills team in the early 2020s that drafts Shenault and a LB in round 2. It is the future AFC East perennial champs once Brady is gone.

Josh Allen under center. Motor Singletary in the backfield. Laviska Shenault, Robert Foster, Zay Jones, Tommy Sweeney and Dawson Knox catching passes. Cody Ford, Dion Dawkins and Mitch Morse anchoring the 2 tackle spots and center position. Ed Oliver, Jerry Hughes, Shaq Lawson and Harrison Phillips on the DL. Edmunds running the defense in the middle with Milano and round 2 2020 pick next to him, with lastly an elite secondary with a lockdown corner in Tre White, a top 3 safety tandem in Hyde and Poyer and Levi Wallace also at corner. That is a team deep enough all over to be the team to beat in the division.

If Allen and Oliver reach their max potential we are simply a future contender. Oliver has Warren Sapp, Aaron Donald potential. Josh Allen has Roethlisberger/Newton potential. If they both reach it to go with our 2 other young elite studs in Edmunds and White that is 4 all pro caliber players. I cannot remember a Bills team with this much promise. Please don't bust Allen. He doesn't even need to be a superstar, if Allen can be a top 10, Phillip Rivers esque QB this team can win it all one day.

Last edited:

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I know we can joke about acquiring late round picks but I think the value of them is being a little understated. Especially since we acquired one of our franchise OL using a 5th round pick. This past draft we moved up 2 spots to draft Cody Ford by trading a single 5th. With the extra 5th and 2 6ths, if we need to move up a few spots in round 2 or 3 those extra picks literally cover the cost.

Say in 2020 draft we pick 50th in round 2, if we want to move up to say 46,47 the 5th+ 2 6ths likely gets it done. If we can move up in round 2 and 3 by trading excess picks it is something you do 10 out of 10 times. Do not be shocked if 2 if not all 3 of these acquired picks are used to move up 2-3 spots in round 2 to target our future starting DE or #2 WR.

And boy, I want us to draft Laviska Shenault at all costs next draft. He has all the tools and physical attributes to be a stud franchise WR. My dream target WR from 2017 was JuJu Smith-Schuster. His talent, skills, production and very young age all screamed to me future elite WR. I was pining in the Bills thread that spring for JuJu and thought he should have been a 1st round pick. Entering year 3 JuJu is already a legit top 10 WR. I feel Shenault can be even better.

Imagine a Bills team in the early 2020s that drafts Shenault and a LB in round 2. It is the future AFC East perennial champs once Brady is gone.

Josh Allen under center. Motor Singletary in the backfield. Laviska Shenault, Robert Foster, Zay Jones, Tommy Sweeney and Dawson Knox catching passes. Cody Ford, Dion Dawkins and Mitch Morse anchoring the 2 tackle spots and center position. Ed Oliver, Jerry Hughes, Shaq Lawson and Harrison Phillips on the DL. Edmunds running the defense in the middle with Milano and round 2 2020 pick next to him, with lastly an elite secondary with a lockdown corner in Tre White, a top 3 safety tandem in Hyde and Poyer and Levi Wallace also at corner. That is a team deep enough all over to be the team to beat in the division.

If Allen and Oliver reach their max potential we are simply a future contender. Oliver has Warren Sapp, Aaron Donald potential. Josh Allen has Roethlisberger/Newton potential. If they both reach it to go with our 2 other young elite studs in Edmunds and White that is 4 all pro caliber players. I cannot remember a Bills team with this much promise. Please don't bust Allen. He doesn't even need to be a superstar, if Allen can be a top 10, Phillip Rivers esque QB this team can win it all one day.

Isn't Jerry Jeudy the stud WR in next years draft? I don't watch college football but he is the can't miss guy people are talking about already. Guess that can change over the course of a season though...

Also - third LB is just not an important position. I don't have the exact figures to hand but I would think a 5th DB be it a slot corner or a 'big nickel' are used way more often.

I do agree that the big picks next year should be used on the offence to give Allen as many weapons, foils or protection as possible.

I also like the Bills chances moving forward. Beane has just been getting it done since coming into the job. He will live or die with Allen ultimately but I love the way he goes about business.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Isn't Jerry Jeudy the stud WR in next years draft? I don't watch college football but he is the can't miss guy people are talking about already. Guess that can change over the course of a season though...

Also - third LB is just not an important position. I don't have the exact figures to hand but I would think a 5th DB be it a slot corner or a 'big nickel' are used way more often.

I do agree that the big picks next year should be used on the offence to give Allen as many weapons, foils or protection as possible.

I also like the Bills chances moving forward. Beane has just been getting it done since coming into the job. He will live or die with Allen ultimately but I love the way he goes about business.
Jeudy and Shenault and to a lesser extent, Callaway, are all in that convo to be the top three gone.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario

Oh no!!! Now we're going to lose to NE twice every year... How ever will we adjust to this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad