Bills: 2019 Season Kicks off on September 8th @ NYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Correct, multiple items went into this
1. Croom would have to pass through waivers (doubtful he would make it)
2. Waiting to put Croom on IR after cut down allows him to come back after 8 weeks
3. Coleman didn't have to pass through waivers
4. Coleman's salary is now not guaranteed

Ah. That last point is the answer I think I was searching for.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Coleman would’ve had to have been brought back after week 1’s game for his salary not to be guaranteed (which is supposedly what they might do with captain Munnerlyn).

Vested Veteran Salary Guarantees

Cutting him was about Croom. He’s a vested veteran so he doesn’t have to pass through waivers, and he has a long history with McDermott. They knew Coleman wasn’t going to sign elsewhere.

So they waived him in order to open up a spot to keep Croom on the 53 for day 1 of cuts, without having to lose someone like Isiah McKenzie or another young player on the roster bubble.

Croom had to be on the 53 man roster for day 1 of the season in order to be able to return this year. He can now return after 8 weeks, instead of having to sit out the entire season.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Coleman would’ve had to have been brought back after week 1’s game for his salary not to be guaranteed (which is supposedly what they might do with captain Munnerlyn).

Vested Veteran Salary Guarantees

Cutting him was about Croom. He’s a vested veteran so he doesn’t have to pass through waivers, and he has a long history with McDermott. They knew Coleman wasn’t going to sign elsewhere.

So they waived him in order to open up a spot to keep Croom on the 53 for day 1 of cuts, without having to lose someone like Isiah McKenzie or another young player on the roster bubble.

Croom had to be on the 53 man roster for day 1 of the season in order to be able to return this year. He can now return after 8 weeks, instead of having to sit out the entire season.

This makes sense... But I don't understand why they go to this trouble just for Croom.

Honestly I would think if the other 4 guys are healthy he doesn't have a place on the roster...

Reactions: WeDislikeEich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad