Bill Peters Allegations - Update: Story corroborated, possible assault. (SEE MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
They had a player’s coach with gulutzan and blew it.

This has to be last chancevile for this team. Regardless of them playing loose and having fun, if they can’t win then it really doesn’t matter in the end if they still suck.
I wasn't even talking about what kind of coach Ward is or might be. Or what kind of coach the Flames should go after. Was simply trying to show a glimmer of light amid an ugly last 48 hours.

I agree this is likely Treliving's last chance to hire a coach that works for this team. I don't expect them to find that person today, or tomorrow, or even for the rest of this season. Frankly I'm happy to give Ward the chance to run with it for now and let the chips fall where they may.

Reactions: super6646

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We have zero evidence with Peters because no one has stepped forward and can anyone blame them, as active players?

But we do know there were rumours swirling around about a divide between Peters and the players put forward by Friedman on the radio. And we've seen how their form completely nosedived after February.
I suspect this is something we won't definitively know for many years, if ever, but it's something Treliving needs to answer to internally at least.

No, but I mean players voluntarily stated the opposite. Not "no comment," but affirmative statements that they have seen nothing of the sort. So you're really jumping to conclusions about Treliving aiding and abetting abuse.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The players pretty much to a man claimed to never have seen any of this kind of behaviour from him. In fact, now that I think about it, Ryan saying that would kind of go against Jordan's testament.
Waiting for a good player to come out

Right now the best thing going for him is that these are sour grapes because they didn't make it

I am not saying that is right, just a possible escape for Peters

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Right now the best thing going for him is that these are sour grapes because they didn't make it

Rod Brind'Amour is a HHOF candidate...

Reactions: Razputyn and MikeK

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

Brind’Amour corroborated the physical altercation stuff. These would have to be the biggest group of “sour grapes” I’ve ever seen. There’s zero escape at this point, he’s cooked.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

On Michal Jordan’s accounts of physical altercations..

Also from yesterday

Props to people speaking out now, especially Brind’Amour, in the position he’s in. Goes to show how much of an open secret it actually was. At this point the dead horse is just getting battered, stick a fork in him.

Also explains why the Hurricanes weren't that sad when we essentially poached him.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
No, but I mean players voluntarily stated the opposite. Not "no comment," but affirmative statements that they have seen nothing of the sort. So you're really jumping to conclusions about Treliving aiding and abetting abuse.
Do you really think it was appropriate for the organization to put Oliver Kylington in front of a camera and answer if he's been victim to racist behaviour or other abuses in the locker room?

And in this case, "no comment" is just as damning as a hardline statement confirming that there was toxic stuff going on behind the scenes. These kinds of things don't get spelled out in the media - for example, do you really still think Peters' fate hasn't been sealed and that Treliving is still investigating the matters with Aliu?

Reactions: Elias GOATtersson

The Rainman

May 7, 2007
Vancouver
Once Peters is removed the Flames more than likely will get back to playing their game. Who knows what pressure Mony and Johnny and others have been playing under. I've posted on here before stating that Billy boy is nothing more than a assistant. He never made the playoffs with the Canes in 4 seasons. From there he coached at the Worlds and couldn't even bring home a bronze with that roster. He then went on to coach the Flames to a playoff spot after a great season only to be gone in a flash! Me thinks they were gone in four straight if I'm not mistaken. I think we might see a new Johnny and Mony. Bennett can breath a sigh of relief. I think the Flames fans still might get to see the team that they thought they were. Billy boy is gone!

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Meeting between NHL, Bill Peters ‘likely to occur’

As we wait for Calgary to finish its investigation into Bill Peters’ conduct, it appears the coach will also have to explain himself to the National Hockey League. The timing is dependent on the Flames’ own actions, but a face-to-face meeting with the league is, in the words of one source, “likely to occur.”

I don’t want to jump to any conclusions, but it should be noted that it does raise the possibility of league-mandated punishment in addition to anything Calgary does.
There is another part of this equation: who knew what, and when. Both Chicago (affiliated with Rockford) and Carolina will, at some point, have to explain more about what happened, how things were handled and why this information was not forwarded to future employers. In his tweets, Aliu alleged that Peters wrote a letter to team president John McDonough and GM Stan Bowman “to have me sent down to the ECHL.” No doubt the search is on for that.

It would be naive to think, as society changes, hockey won’t be forced to change along with it. What was acceptable from coaches years ago is no longer, and anyone who doesn’t adapt is going to be caught. Young players have more power than ever. Those getting to the end of their careers aren’t afraid to unburden themselves.

Everyone, at every level, is preparing for what’s next. We don’t know specifics, but nobody thinks this is the end.

Reactions: rkp

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I am most sorry for thinking that this terrible play from the boys was the result of partying and poor motivation and focus when it is very quickly becoming clear that is not the case. In fact the stories of partying are probably because these guys are being put through a terrible situation at work.
Something we're not talking about is how, imo, the flames org has been promoting Peters as this great guy and great coach when it's really obvious now that's not at all the case. How can we trust in the process now?

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Is it possible that James Neal was playing so crappy for you guys because of Peters?

forecheck

May 14, 2007
What is happening to Bill Peters is Wrong - Aliu is just looking for a payout -

What Peters did was wrong but his intent is unknown - Trying to be funny ?? I dont know

However Alius Actions are malicious in my opinion

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick

What Peters did was wrong but his intent is unknown - Trying to be funny ?? I dont know

Can't say I agree with that logic but to each his own.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

tenor.gif

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Haven’t read it yet will edit in my thoughts

Weird he doesn’t acknowledge the other stuff. I don’t know what to make of this really. Might be something to do with legal positioning. Odd that it was leaked

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Yeah, I don't buy it. According to Akim, Peters repeated his words in a meeting with him afterwards. And there was no mention of an apology by any other source.

Plus yeah, no mention of the abuse towards Jordan.

Francis' tweet implies Peters released the statement. Figures he would send it to Francis of all people.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He knows how it's gonna end so he's not gonna resign and walk without a payout

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Of course it comes out during the game. Totally not timed like that on purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad