Friedman: Bill Guerin will listen on everything

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
As an aside regarding the right handed thing, not that it would fix anything at this point, but I think one of the biggest under the misses for this franchise in the last few years is not doing more to get Lindholm from Carolina. I don’t know what it would have cost, but he was the underperforming, relatively young, right handed RW/C that could use a change of scenery that we needed.

Instead Fenton let that opportunity die and we ended up with Rask.
Very good point, and you'd think that with a competent, active and up-to-date GM who was good at identifying and picking his targets it would've been entirely possible to build a trade around Niederreiter and Lindholm. A missed opportunity there, like it was surely with all the other players Fenton dumped.

And while it's far from Minny's real problems, one right shot RW with fast powerful skating (something Wild is also missing) who is looking for a fresh start and should be very cheap too (because he sucks) is Virtanen. Maybe you could build some sort of trade there.

Reactions: Rask Decisions

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We've got piles of left shot wingers, both on the team and in the system. What does Bjorkqvist bring that we're lacking?

We don’t have any agitators, I’d guess is what it means. Hartman has been doing a decent job so far though.

Reactions: Bazeek

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Why not? He's the tank general.
Because everyone knows how bad he is and only want him if they can have a historic lopsided trade to laugh at. I'd not want JJ if my team was tanking either unless the offer was LMAO worthy. But I ain't the GM, Guerin may say ok if we give up prospects and picks.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Brendan Smith for Zuccarello @ 50% retained?

Zucc has more value than that and no way I want him back. he is breaking down. time to move on. Rangers fans stop going towards the past. lets bring back Hayes in 5 years after he wares out his welcome lmfao. back to the old ways for some fans. move on.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The Wild roster is absolutely atrocious. Ownership is to blame for allowing Fletcher to wreak as much havoc as he did. Now Guerin's hands are tied by some of the worst contracts in league history and Kevin Fiala is being benched to "send a message." Billy G can't fix this team.... let alone Scotty Bowman in his prime. This is an awful, awful team. The fact that ownership allowed Fletcher to sign Zuccarello to that deal is BAFFLING.... about as baffling as to why they gave away Nino Niederietter for NOTHING.

If I'm a Flyers fan then I'm EXTREMELY worried about the future of my club. Fletcher is absolute TRASH. They handed the reigns to Carter Hart's future to THAT guy. I feel bad for Philly. I truly do.

Oof

Reactions: Cootslayer

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I feel like Staal, Parise and Suter are the three that stay, maybe Dubnyk too as I feel he's bound to stay as their back-up at a discounted price after his contract expires. Thinking Spurgeon only goes at a very high price.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The Wild roster is absolutely atrocious. Ownership is to blame for allowing Fletcher to wreak as much havoc as he did. Now Guerin's hands are tied by some of the worst contracts in league history and Kevin Fiala is being benched to "send a message." Billy G can't fix this team.... let alone Scotty Bowman in his prime. This is an awful, awful team. The fact that ownership allowed Fletcher to sign Zuccarello to that deal is BAFFLING.... about as baffling as to why they gave away Nino Niederietter for NOTHING.

If I'm a Flyers fan then I'm EXTREMELY worried about the future of my club. Fletcher is absolute TRASH. They handed the reigns to Carter Hart's future to THAT guy. I feel bad for Philly. I truly do.
You know that Chuck Fletcher and Paul Fenton are, as near as we can tell, two entirely separate people, right?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Staal should return a 1st and a decent prospect or maybe two 2nds and a prospect

Zucker should be able to return something good, too... if that's a prospect, picks, or a younger top 9 RW is another question.

Brodin seems like a guy they can move on from, but I figure it will be for a young roster player if its this year. He is worth at least discussing an extension with though so I could see them re-signing him or trading him for picks next year

Dubnyk is another interesting piece... you have to think there would be strong interest in him, even though he hasn't been elite for the last two years. Losing him could allow the team to really bottom out and he would fetch something nice for the rebuild

Would Suter waive his NMC? He should still have value... he's a very solid top pair Dman and his cap hit is reasonable. He should be a very good player for at least 2-3 more years, too...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad