Friedman: Bill Guerin will listen on everything

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Think this was a given.

Unfortunately the problems are the guys with NMC and NTC’s. Would hate to see guys like Fiala, Kunin, Dumba being the sacrifices because Parise, Zuccarello and Dubnyk are bad.

Would also hate to see Guerin fall into the trap of patching the leaks in the hull with scotch tape.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just rebuild ffs. Minni could really use an elite talent (lafreniere)

A “rebuild” isn’t realistic when guys like Parise, Suter, Zuccarello and Spurgeon have long term NMC’s. We’re about as close to a rebuild right now as we’re realistically ever going to be. We could still trade guys like Koivu, Staal, Zucker for picks and prospects.

Guys like Fiala, Kunin, Donato, Greenway don’t make sense to trade for picks and prospects. Players like Foligno and Hartman don’t make sense for different reasons.

We definitely could use Lafreniere to add to Kaprizov and Boldy in the next couple years. That would really go a long way towards turning things around in the coming years.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
As an aside regarding the right handed thing, not that it would fix anything at this point, but I think one of the biggest under the misses for this franchise in the last few years is not doing more to get Lindholm from Carolina. I don’t know what it would have cost, but he was the underperforming, relatively young, right handed RW/C that could use a change of scenery that we needed.

Instead Fenton let that opportunity die and we ended up with Rask.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Since Victor Rask is outscoring both Charlie Coyle and Nino, we would be willing to offer a deal no GM could turn down. A straight up hockey trade for either. We will throw in the rights to Paul Fenton as well.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Since Victor Rask is outscoring both Charlie Coyle and Nino, we would be willing to offer a deal no GM could turn down. A straight up hockey trade for either. We will throw in the rights to Paul Fenton as well.
It's a sign of the times that Rask's more or less been our second best center.

Reactions: BHD

Nazzlind

Sep 9, 2010
Lower Mainland
As an aside regarding the right handed thing, not that it would fix anything at this point, but I think one of the biggest under the misses for this franchise in the last few years is not doing more to get Lindholm from Carolina. I don’t know what it would have cost, but he was the underperforming, relatively young, right handed RW/C that could use a change of scenery that we needed.

Instead Fenton let that opportunity die and we ended up with Rask.
Not really a fair criticism.

Who on Minnesota was equivalent to Dougie Hamilton?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Minny should honestly just have a fire sale and acquire draft capital.

This draft is the best since 2015, if they can get 2-3 first rounders and some second rounders that could really set them up well a couple years from now.

It’s not even just the top 10 in this draft there is high end quality and depth at literally every single position. There will be guys available in the 15-25 range that would be top 5-10 locks in other years.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not really a fair criticism.

Who on Minnesota was equivalent to Dougie Hamilton?

Doesn’t necessarily have to be an equivalent. Like I said, I have no idea what the cost would have been. Just because that’s the deal that ended up happening doesn’t mean that’s the only deal they would have accepted.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Fiala for Bjorkqvist + Kahun and Johnson as a cap dump

Bjorkqvist is our top prospect according to Guerin. So it would make sense if he tries to go after him.

Nazzlind

Sep 9, 2010
Lower Mainland
Doesn’t necessarily have to be an equivalent. Like I said, I have no idea what the cost would have been. Just because that’s the deal that ended up happening doesn’t mean that’s the only deal they would have accepted.
Exactly, which is why it isn't a fair criticism.

We can only speculate but when you say something like "Instead Fenton let that opportunity die and we ended up with Rask.", you started treating your speculation like a fact. How do you know Fenton didn't make a really good offer but Carolina really wanted Hamilton and Ferland? You're criticising Fenton for things that aren't even confirmed true lol

Reactions: voxel

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How much do you value Fiala? If not I'd be cool with Foligno as well.

He’s valued as a guy who, at 23, already is an established 40-50 point scorer. I wouldn’t trade him for the two prospects alone, let alone adding Jack f***ing Johnson as a cap dump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad