WC: Team Canada 2024

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
2-0 Byram with the goal.

Hungary working their asses off and playing credible team defense, Canada still trying to get a groove going offensively.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
NOT my day...

1) I forgot to latch the Green Recycle Bin, last night, and raccoons got in. Oy, what a mess.

2) Fantilli and Celebrini get sent home.

Bad News comes in 3's !!! What's next??? NUCLEAR WAR ?!?!
I just finished the Fallout series on Netflix, I’m not sure I liked this joke 😂

• Haha
Reactions: ORRFForever

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I always felt that Hockey Canada moved in a positive direction when they stopped parachuting guys in as the playoffs proceeded because it upset the team chemistry and was unfair to guys who agreed to go from the start.

Obviously this is a bit different given the ages of the guys but I still don’t really like it.

Just doesn’t seem like a classy thing to do.
That's part of it. If this was a best on best then obviously you'll do what you can to win, but it's not a tournament of great significance. If the players agreed to go with an understanding that being bumped was a realistic possibility then that's acceptable but not ideal. It's also not like McDavid and MacKinnon are the players getting the late add. It's not the end of the world but you'd rather not do it.

I do wonder if Fantilli still has work to do healing from his leg injury. He didn't finish out the regular season but a healthy Fantilli is good enough to contribute in a scoring role for this team, plus Nash is part of the management group in Columbus. I figure that any sign of issue he'd want Fantilli pulled. Anyway I'm ready to move on from this decision.

A forward group with something like this isn't bad. I could be convinced to move Mercer higher in the lineup too.

McCann Dubois Bedard
Mangiapane Cozens Hagel
Paul McBain Guenther
Tanev Greig Mercer
Bunting

Reactions: NyQuil

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I dont believe I am able to mention it here, against site rules
LOL. Such a rebel. :)

1715108189563.png

I turned on TSN and the have LAST year's GMG game on. I would have preferred the game you are watching.

Last edited:

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Just as a side note to the discussion about Fantilli and Celebrini (insanely Italian names BTW), I recall in 2015 when Crosby went they had to sit Braden Schenn for the tournament, so I think many of the players understand this as a possibility.

I really wanted to see both TBH, but it is what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad