Friedman: Bill Guerin will listen on everything

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Bill Guerin will listen on everything? As opposed to other GM's who just put their fingers in their ears and shout ' La-la-la , I can't hear you' when someone talks to them.
Sigh.

The next breaking news : Bill Guerin wakes up in the morning , takes a shower , put his clothes on , gets some coffee and starts doing his job.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Bill Guerin will listen on everything? As opposed to other GM's who just put their fingers in their ears and shout ' La-la-la , I can't hear you' when someone talks to them.
Sigh.

It means no one is untouchable or off limits.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Suter is available Mtl should be on him.

What is his value ?

Suter has a NMC, which means only he decides if he's available.
If he decides he wants to move on because the team isn't competitive, trading him would create a potential nightmare situation with cap recapture, the Wild shouldn't even consider this.
The only way he's going to leave this team is through retirement or LTIRetirement.
There is a process in which he could waive his NMC, go through waivers, and if no one takes him (which for Suter, I doubt), he and the Wild could mutually agree to terminate his contract, making him a UFA. I give this scenario about a .00001% chance of happening.

Regardless, Suter and Parise won't be traded unless the Wild want to risk up to a 38M cap penalty.

Reactions: Gotskillz2102

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Jost
Colorado's 1st (protected, presumably late)

Zucker
3rd-ish round pick or something else

Lol no chance I'd add the 1st, sorry. After watching Ottawa giving up a top-5 pick, the last thing the Avs should do is trade a first round pick. Those become soooo valuable when you're contending. (If they can)

edit: just saw that it was protected, my bad. Still a no.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Lol no chance I'd add the 1st, sorry. After watching Ottawa giving up a top-5 pick, the last thing the Avs should do is trade a first round pick. Those become soooo valuable when you're contending. (If they can)

I specified "protected" if that changes anything, lottery or top 20 or whatever. It's just that I don't think that Jost + 2nd is enough; + an unprotected 1st is obviously too much.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I specified "protected" if that changes anything, lottery or top 20 or whatever. It's just that I don't think that Jost + 2nd is enough; + an unprotected 1st is obviously too much.

Could see a situation where it's Jost+ some combination of a 2nd+2nd or 2nd+3rd from 2020 and 2021. Two of those four picks with one definitely being a 2nd.

Not saying I love it, but realistically could see that being the deal.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
I'd be alright with a 2nd for Staal, personally. Maybe more if we're taking a cap dump back as well, because even as a 3C his cap hit is pretty light.

Thompson or a 2nd.

Wouldn't be in any rush to do it, but closer to the trade deadline if the Sabres are still looking pretty in the standings, I think I could get on board with moving a 2nd or 3rd for Staal if it still makes sense.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Value of Hartman to Carolina?

Picks and prospects available.
Hartman's one of the only Wild players that I've enjoyed watching this year, so my judgement is compromised. It'd hard to be say no to a 2nd, but beyond that I'd rather they just keep him around to prevent my eyes from bleeding.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If we're going to have a new thread every time someone opines that the Wild might want to consider a rebuild this is going to get out of hand quickly.

We already have like 6 Wild threads on the first two pages of this section.

Might as well combine everything into one definitive Wild speculation thread.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
So if the wild restructures.... Do they become the Civilization?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zucker I don not think will waive because he and his wife like it in Minnesota.

He has a 10 team NTC. That means there are 20 teams in the league he can be traded to regardless of whether he wants to be or not.

Reactions: viper0220

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
He has a 10 team NTC. That means there are 20 teams in the league he can be traded to regardless of whether he wants to be or not.

I thought it was a full NMC but I was wrong, thanks for correcting me.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What’s Ryan Suter’s trade value right now? Contract is awful but he’s still good.

Obviously he has a NMC and likely isn’t going anywhere but I’m curious what his value is. Is his contract so long and bad that he’s a negative/neutral value trade asset?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Do Wild fans ant rid of Greenway? I would have thought he's apart of the team moving forward.

I would have guessed he'd want out with all the rumors, get a new start.

I would think too but he nixed a deal to Calgary, I think his wife is holding things still.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What’s Ryan Suter’s trade value right now? Contract is awful but he’s still good.

Obviously he has a NMC and likely isn’t going anywhere but I’m curious what his value is. Is his contract so long and bad that he’s a negative/neutral value trade asset?

He simply can't be traded. Even if he wanted to and the Wild wanted to, there's no way we can risk the recapture penalty. His cap benefit at the end of this season will be 19.2M.

Do Wild fans ant rid of Greenway? I would have thought he's apart of the team moving forward.

I would have guessed he'd want out with all the rumors, get a new start.

Greenway likely isn't one of the guys we're in a hurry to get rid of, but we do need to get rid of some wingers. We have an abundance of them, and Kaprizov coming in next year. The thought was we could package a couple for an upgrade, but if we're going the rebuild route, I don't know what's going to happen. Most of them are young and would fit the timeline for a rebuild, so we wouldn't have to get rid of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad